Thread: Dobri deni and Buna ziua

Gentis Daciae Member Cronos Impera's Avatar

Default Dobri deni and Buna ziua

Good day, respected developers. Congratulations for Ogniem i Mieczem. As a romanian I'm more than thrilled to see a mod covering romanian factions.
    I would like to join your modding team. My area of expertise ( tga's and historical research for the romanian factions). I can deliver you some faction banners and stuff, but only over a longer period of time (exams). If you need me for smth. please PM me.

Regards,
    Cronos Impera
    " If you don't want me, I want you! Alexandru Lapusneanul"
    "They are a stupid mob, but neverless they are a mob! Alexandru Lapusneanul"

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Default Re: Dobri deni and Buna ziua

I think you can expect a PM soon.

Faction banners are done or on their way, but perhaps there will be demand for that too.

BTW In what language 'Dobri deni' is ?

Cronos Impera, I'll give you an answer as soon as get it from the team.
    BTW do u speak Russian?

cegorach, "Dobriy deny(i)" (I wonder how does russian soft sign appears in English) is in Russian ("Good day").
    Ogniem i Mieczem: Total War

I speak a little Russian (I am 1/4 ukranian and 1/4 polish). Just very basic words ( I have a lot of exams and I'd wish to learn more but sadly I know so much......
    Thanks for your reply.

Cronos Impera, could you make load pictures? You could use some captured frames from historical movies for this purpose or create your own pictures. What do you say?
    Ogniem i Mieczem: Total War

ok. You've got them Set.

Quote Originally Posted by Set
    Cronos Impera, I'll give you an answer as soon as get it from the team.
    BTW do u speak Russian?

cegorach, "Dobriy deny(i)" (I wonder how does russian soft sign appears in English) is in Russian ("Good day").
    Either 'i' or 'y', but 'y' is used in English, or rather used by some informed English speakers to denote the Russian and 'i' the Polish. Hence, Jakubowsky and Jakubowski, same as in the Russian and Polish languages respectively.

'Dzien dobri.' = good day (if I remember right) in Polish, and is similar to 'Dobriy deny.' 'Dzien kuje' = Thank you. Now, being that I haven't spoken or listened to Polish for some time as I haven't live in a Polish neighborhood for many years now, and my wonderful and beloved Grandfather and Baba have long since passed away, I can honestly say I may have the terms 'Dzien dobry.' (if this is actually a phrase to begin with anyway!!) and 'Dzien kuje.' confused with each other. 'Dobronitz' (sp??) is another term I have forgotten.

I guess I should have looked in my Polish Dictionary before I wrote this, but oh well.

Stolat!! Pazdrowiam, Chris
    Last edited by christof139; 08-08-2007 at 07:11.