Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: The "Would my PC be able to run M2TW?" thread (all such queries here pls)

Default Re: Will MTW2 run on this?

your memory is fine, 2x512mb should be sufficient.
    I support Israel

Yggdrasill I have the same CPU, bus and AGP graphics card as you. I have 2048Kb RAM but I don't think that makes much difference over 1024. I run the game just fine. I use 1024 x 768 res, high detail for buildings, units, vegetation and textures, 4x AF, no AA and bloom and reflections off.

I get 15 to 30 fps in battles depending on whether there are a lot of trees, and 30 to 45 fps on the campaign map.

I don't think that you need a more powerful system to enjoy the game.

My graphics card is NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 440 and it says when i play the gold demo i do not have a pixel shader 1.1. what should i do

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by opium123
    My graphics card is NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 440 and it says when i play the gold demo i do not have a pixel shader 1.1. what should i do
    I would upgrade my graphics card if I were you. A Geforce 4 serie is NOT gonna run M2TW (and if it does, it will be a slideshow unless you run at the very low graphic setting). I hope you can upgrade so that you can play M2TW.
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by opium123
    You should buy a new card, as the MX doesn't support the pixel shading level M2 requires.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Default Re: The "Would my PC be able to run M2TW?" thread (all such queries here pls)

AMD Athlon 64 San Diego 3700+@2.4GHz
    Leadtek 6600GT 128MB PCI-E
    1GB DDR 400 PC3200
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit 7.1

My question is does anyone know what kind of upgrade I need to just play with two full "huge" scale armies on max settings?Would something like a 7900GS be sufficient enough or do I have to higher?

Default Re: The "Would my PC be able to run M2TW?" thread (all such queries here pls)

Does anyone know how much high memory latency is going to sting?

I meet all the other requirements pretty easily, but I'm worried that using FBDIMMs is gonna bring me down. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by maestro
    Google for the 3DMark series. 3DMark 2001 is the ultimate test of your overall system performance, whereas 3DMark 2006 is the ultimate test of graphics performance.

Check them out

BTW - the crappy speakers remark was just cause the Logitech series are sooo much better than the creative ones and they're roughly the same price
    Ahh reet ill let you off i though u were having a go lol :) well i have the 3dmark demos but i cant alter the settings to over 1024x786 eugh, there is a serious bug with the 680i motherboards with Fatalit1y sound cards with sli enabled how unlucky is that nvidia said they are working on a solution, so atm i have sli dissabled other wise the sound in TW2 is unbearable and also company of hereos :( Not noticed any performance issuses though with the 1 card its still unbelievably fast and smooth Ill run a few bench tests let ya know :)

Hi guys, I am planning on buying this great game for Christmas and would like to hear you oppinion regardin my config:

Intel Core2Duo 2,16GHZ T7400
    1 GB 667GHZ DDR2
    Ati Mobility X1600 128 VRAM

What do you think? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nevrozel
    Hi guys, I am planning on buying this great game for Christmas and would like to hear you oppinion regardin my config:

Intel Core2Duo 2,16GHZ T7400
    1 GB 667GHZ DDR2
    Ati Mobility X1600 128 VRAM

What do you think? Thank you.
    Thats a pretty nice spec
    I run at 1280x1024 2xaa 4xaf, high details, huge units size with no probs
    my spec is:
    AMD Opteron 146 @ 2.6Ghz
    1Gb DDR @ 216MHz
    Ati x800XTPE

You should be able to run at similar settings also with no major problems, at worst you may have to turn texture details down with only 128mb gfx memory

OK, so I posted on here a while back regarding some major graphics issues with the demo, now I'm still experiencing them with the full game. This was my original post...

My specs are as follows

AMD Sempron 2600+ 1.6 ghz

Nvidia Geforce 6800

512mb RAM

When I tried running the demo, the battles lagged, but the graphics were also screwed up in other ways ( soldiers would appear and disappear, strange lines radiating from units, knights appearing to fly through the air). This seems to suggest to me that i might be having some issues with my graphics card's compatibilty, as opposed to simply lacking RAM or processor speed. Then again, I don't know what I'm talking about, so what do you all think?

really don't want to have to buy a new computer to play this :(
    Drawing on my limited knowledge of computers, I get the impression this is most likely a software problem. I have downloaded and installed the latest Nvidia and AGP drivers, my directx is up to date, I don't know what to do!

Has anyone else experienced similar problems, or could anyone just please, please HELP! Any assistance would be very, very much appreciated.

What sort of detail level will a Radeon 9800 pro handle on MTW2?

I'm about to buy the game this week and can't really afford to update right now.

Athlon 3200
    1gb ram

quikie, i have a stonking new mac , will i be able to play it on there? and how?

Quote Originally Posted by perryqhill

I'm about to buy the game this week and can't really afford to update right now.

Athlon 3200
    1gb ram
    I have an old rig with this card in it. My guess is it would handle no shadows, small unit size fine. Maybe even normal unit size, but turn texture to medium, and make sure you're at a low resolution. That card is a good match for that cpu- neither one will be the sole bottleneck, they both will be...

A64 3400+ (NC) | BFG 6800GT OC | Fortron 530w PSU |
    DFI Lanparty UT | 1.5GB Kingston Value RAM | Audigy 2 ZS Gamer |
    Diamondmax10 w/ 16mb cache| Antec P160| Logitech Z2200 2.1 | NEC 3500A

suggestions on what settings i should use from anyone with similar equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by The Teacher
    quikie, i have a stonking new mac , will i be able to play it on there? and how?
    Which kind of mac? If it's an iMac (any but the $999 edu model), Macbook Pro, or a Mac Pro then yes. If it's a Macbook or a Mac Mini, then no. Macbooks and Mac Minis have integrated graphics, while iMacs, MBPs and Mac Pros have current-generation graphics cards.

To run it, you have to partition your hard drive, install Windows, and reboot every time you want to play.

System Requirements Lab, hmm. I've been checking several times before I bought a game in the past. It's not perfect. For M2TW I pass the recommended specs, but still the campaign map is lagging for some reason. I only find this site useful for a general view, and nothing else.
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Quote Originally Posted by Test112345
    A64 3400+ (NC) | BFG 6800GT OC | Fortron 530w PSU |
    DFI Lanparty UT | 1.5GB Kingston Value RAM | Audigy 2 ZS Gamer |
    Diamondmax10 w/ 16mb cache| Antec P160| Logitech Z2200 2.1 | NEC 3500A

suggestions on what settings i should use from anyone with similar equipment?

?????

Quote Originally Posted by perryqhill

Athlon 3200
    1gb ram
    A friend of mine has a very similar rig ...

Athlon 2200+
    1.25 GB Ram
    9800 Pro (AIW)

He can run using normal units, shader 2.0, no shadows, no bloom, medium pretty well much everything else.

Looks ok, plays ok and loads fairly fast.

I'm running on a 3200+ but with 2GB Ram and GW Bliss GS7900+ .. runs lovely with everything on max (unit size normal)

Chernabog

I wanted to post this in the Tech-Forum but obviously my postcount is too low for that.

Anyhoo.

I've been wandering around with this idea for some weeks now, now I need some opinions by people who know their way in todays hardware...

Currently, I have a four year old rig which ran perfectly over that lenght of time, never had any troubles with it.

Processor Intel Pentium 4 2424MHz
    Display Card NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
    Memory 1024MB
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
    Free Disk Space 19.49GB
    Display Card Memory 128MB
    Display Driver Version 6.14.10.9371
    DirectX Version 9.0c
    Optical Drive DVD
    Sound Card SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [B400]
    Belinea 19'' flat CRT

You just thought it. This is getting a bit rusty. Currently I am playing MTW2, looks good but COULD look great.
    Sometime in the next months I will habe to invest into a new system. However, I am wondering if it was the best to bridge the wait with a new graphics-card (and maybe a new monitor). After all, I am not to keen on setting up a new system with Vista around the corner. Plus, I am convinced, I could make that 2,4 P4 run a little bit faster.
    I do not play that much any longer, 25 fps are good enough for me and so far I have lived without 8xAA and 8xAF.

Would it make sense to buy a Geforce 7900 for example and live on with the system for another year? As I said, the current rig is still in the "ok"-sector and I am not wild about a new setting-up and installing and whatever.
    Money is not an issue. Time is. (Darn, I am getting old). And although I do not have to watch the price that close I do not want to throw money out the window.
    However, I want those armours to really shine :)

Maybe you can help me out here.
    Wait / Upgrade / Dump ?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steinfeld
    Processor Intel Pentium 4 2424MHz
    Display Card NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
    Memory 1024MB
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
    Free Disk Space 19.49GB
    Display Card Memory 128MB
    Display Driver Version 6.14.10.9371
    DirectX Version 9.0c
    Optical Drive DVD
    Sound Card SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [B400]
    Belinea 19'' flat CRT
    Forgot to mention: I still run on AGP...

from what you describe of your situation, now may be the time to upgrade, or in february would be my recommendation.

by february ATI will have its DX10 reponse to nVidia's G80 cards, which means that a 8800GTS will be very affordable compared to the price now.

in the same timeframe AMD will have released chips all the way up to a 6000+ (3GHz), so an Intel 6600 will be even better value, price/performance wise, than it currently is now.

these two items alone add up to an order or magnitude improvment over what you already have.

I am gonna chip in here as a system builder...

You wont get a lot more from 2Gb RAM compared to 1Gb...though if you run multi apps at the same time...it helps. Also the pagefile gets used a lot less at 2Gb...so that speeds that up.

Running over 2Gb to 3 or 4Gb is just a waste of cash at present. Also premium ram isnt worth the extra cash..it eeks a few extra fps overclocked..but not a whole lot.

graphics wise maxed out yeah...go for it on the cards..though I never advise top end ones..too expensive...the game runs pretty well on mainstream cards..and the next batch should do even better..

I am sure that the game relies on cpu power a lot more than most think..whatever you run AMD or Intel...a dual core seems to hit the spot nicely...even with a middle of the road card..

Intel Celron 2.40GHZ
    766 MB of RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 with 128 MB of Memory

t2400 1.83 mhz dual core mobile processor
    1 Gig of Ram
    (Hides from flamers) onboard 950 GM mobile graphics (yes I know, it sucks, but I couldn't get a dedicated card)

Any possibility I can run the game on low?

The Breath of God Member Divine Wind's Avatar

Sunhawken & Ice, it should run however the settings will be on lowest and low I suspect.
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516