Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR

Enforcer of Exonyms Member Barbarossa82's Avatar
    Englaland (and don't let the Normans tell you any different!)

Default Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR

Dear followers of the glorious history of Armenia and its uniquely alcoholic ruling family,
    I have decided to move my Armenian AAR, "Hayastan: From Kingdom to Empire", out of the "Rise & Expansion of your Empire" thread into its own thread so as not to clutter the old one up. So here I'll post the original chapters, plus more as the campaign progresses.

CHAPTER 1: Artaxias's Dream

Part 1: Introduction......Part 2: The Family......Part 3: First Expedition

Part 4: Phraaspa I......Part 5: Phraaspa II......Part 6: Fruits of Victory

Thanks to Imageshack for hosting
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

Default Re: Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR

And now for....

CHAPTER 2: New Conquests, New Rivals

Part 1: Looking Outward......Part 2: Chersonnesos I......Part 3: Chersonnesos II

Part 4: Chersonnesos III......Part 5: A King's Legacy......Part 6: The Pontic Menace

More to come, time/willpower permitting!

Thanks to ImageShack for hosting.
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

Wonderful writing, I felt really involved involved! However, I would advise that you don't use italics for the majority of your text. It makes it a lot harder to read, for me, at least.

wow cool story cant wait for more

the bit thats quite close to Essex, but honestly is London, UK

Great to see another instalment Barb.
    I hope you get to keep us informed as things develop.
    You have a great style and its a pleasure to read.

Let us create BEDLAM

"We will screw them hard, fast, and in an elegant manner."
    Major General Haim

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly."

All right ... all right ... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order ... what HAVE the Romans ever done for US?

Well thank you all for your comments and I'm glad you like the AAR. I've been very busy lately so haven't had much of a chance to play or write things up, but there is more in the pipeline. Anyway here for your amusement is Chapter 3.

Oh and sorry about the italics, I thought it made things look more "chronicle-y" but I guess it does make it kinda hard to read. Anyway these had already been done so I couldn't really be bothered to redo it (the JPGs are exported from a DTP program so you have to edit the DTP file and then re-export it to correct stuff )

Chapter 3: A History of the Pontic War

Part 1: The Sword Unsheathed.......Part 2: Rain of Fury......Part 3: Battle of Kotais I......Part 4: Battle of Kotais II

Part 5: Man with a Plan......Part 6: The Siege of Nicomedia......Part 7: Vahagan's Vengeance

Thanks to ImageShack for free hosting.

That's all for now folks!

My Armenian AAR

hooray! Another segment. Congrats again to you Barbarossa82!! really nice story telling and description.
    I'd hate to be a giraffe with a sore throat.
    Self-proclaimed member who wishes more than anyone else that they looked like their avatar 2007.

ya man! these are awesome. you should do some for other factions as well!

Quintus Libo / Austria Member Glaucus's Avatar

Bravo! Can't wait for the next installment.
    HBO Rome:
    Mark Anthony
    :I shall be a good Politican, even if it kills me... or anyone else for that matter.

Thumbs up Re: Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR

great!!

Did I reed right? the Scipii besieged Rome??
    In 254, now thats crazy but totaly cool
    Give a Screenshot, thats worth to see

This AAR is really cool I enyo it.
    I am couriouse, how did you make tabs.

Once more thank you all very much for your kind comments, I'm glad to hear you enjoy the AAR! There are a few more pages in the pipeline and I'll publish those as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ower
    Did I reed right? the Scipii besieged Rome??
    In 254, now thats crazy but totaly cool
    Give a Screenshot, thats worth to see

This AAR is really cool I enyo it.
    I am couriouse, how did you make tabs.
    Whoops, something's not right there! I just checked my handwritten notes and it was (unsurprisingly), Lilybaeum and not Rome that fell to the Scipii in 254. I blame the Armenian State Propaganda Ministry for this. Sorry!

I'm not too sure what you mean by "tabs", but the process of making the AAR was basically to take handwritten notes and many, many screenshots while playing the campaign, then use a batch converter to make the screenshots from TGAs into JPEGs, assemble the whole thing in a DTP program and then export each page as a JPEG. These can then be uploaded to ImageShack which gives you the code to make the thumbails.

Back soon with more tales of famous exploits and drinking binges.

My Armenian AAR

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

Barbarossa82, I'll join you in the drinking binges as I'm on leave from my duties for the time being. I hope you luck in dominating the whole of Asia Minor. Just be careful in your wars and watch out for the imperial might of Roma!

I'll see you soon for the drinking binges

What exectly is a DTP?

I think, the Armenians should chadge the minister of propaganda, he´s probably geting too old for the job

Can´t wait for the next instalment

her barbarossa, love the AAR. its a fun read. when can we be expecting the next installment, im getting anxious to learn what happens. and we expect nothing but the best.

Sorry for the delay, have been a bit bogged down with real-world commitments (lousy reality!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ower
    What exectly is a DTP?
    Sorry, it stands for Desktop Publishing. I use an old, cheap program called PagePlus that actually works pretty well for doing this kind of stuff.

Anyway, here we go with...

Chapter 4: A History of the Pontic War, Part Yerku*

Part 1: Fickle gods......Part 2: Galatia I......Part 3: Galatia II......Part 4: One Less Ally

Part 5: Sinope I.....Part 6: Sinope II......Part 7: The Final Showdown

Thanks to ImageShack for hosting as always

*Two :)

My Armenian AAR

yeah another one!!I haven't even read it yet but will after posting this and i already know this will be good. And you don't need to apologise for the delay we know you are working hard.
    Self-proclaimed member who wishes more than anyone else that they looked like their avatar 2007.

Keep up the good work!

when your done, you should compile it as a big book and post it all together so everyone can read it.

Quote Originally Posted by dacdac
    when your done, you should compile it as a big book and post it all together so everyone can read it.
    Yeah I've been thinking about doing that, the only problem is the massive file size. The JPGs are over a meg each and they're not idea cos they make the text messy. Exporting it direct to PDF gets a nice result but it's like 50MB for a 20-page segment without downsampling the images. I'll have to give it some thought.

Anyway time for a little weekend Armenia action with...

Chapter 5: The Siege of Mazaka

Part 1: Who'd be a peltast?......Part 2: Who'd be a Hillman?......Part 3: Incursion

Part 4: Who'd be King of Pontus?......Part 5: Aftermath

Also, I've just been looking through my notes from the campaign (up until the point where I accidentally deleted my savegame, so that I have to replay the last quarter of it), I find that I still have the coollest RTW battle I have EVER played, which is coming up in a few [game] decades' time

My Armenian AAR

this is going great. cant wait to read more.

Another well done chapter

Good work man. you make Armenians everywhere proud. Someone should give you the Pulitzer right now.

Once again thank you for your kind massaging of my ego! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the AAR, it's actually really good fun to write too and I find that taking notes for an AAR really adds to the immersion of a campaign since you spend more time memorising the characters and their histories.

Earlier today I tried running EB 0.8 for the first time, and my 3-year old laptop graphics card laughed in my face. This is good news however as it's more time to spend on chronicling the glories of Armenia! So, without further ado, here's...

Chapter 6: The Ptrouble With Ptolemy

Part 1: An offer he could refuse......Part 2: One adoption and a funeral......Part 3: Tarsus I
    .............................................................................

Part 4: Tarsus II......Part 5: A change at the helm......Part 6: Calling All Cretans

Thanks to ImageShack for image hosting

Back before too long with tales of the war on Egypt!

My Armenian AAR

yes, i have been waiting for another installation.

Talking Re: Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR

I know that beggars can't be choosers and you are really working hard at this, but could you tell us what area Armenia controls now? There wasn't a map and I'm not sure of what you have conquered up to this point. Thanks a lot!
    P.S. I almost cried when Arame died. I watched him grow up. He felt like family.

Quote Originally Posted by dacdac
    I know that beggars can't be choosers and you are really working hard at this, but could you tell us what area Armenia controls now? There wasn't a map and I'm not sure of what you have conquered up to this point. Thanks a lot!
    P.S. I almost cried when Arame died. I watched him grow up. He felt like family.

Yeah Arame's death was upsetting, especially when he'd made sure to occupy the city peacefully. It was one of those moments that makes you wish there was an "exterminate populace" button after you had occupied th city
    Good point about the map, I'll make sure there's one on the next page. At the moment Armenia controls its initial two provinces, plus Atropatene, Bosphorus and all of Asia Minor except Lycia.

My Armenian AAR

Welcome back, followers of the progress of the proud Kingdom of Armenia! Today we continue our journey through the history of some of the nation's most perilous and precarious times with...

Chapter 7: Timeo Danaos

Part 1: A Betrayal......Part 2: 2nd Halicarnassus I......Part 3: 2nd Halicarnassus II......Part 4: Armenia Reacts

Part 5: 3rd Halicarnassus I......Part 6: 3rd Halicarnassus II......Part 7: Aftermath
    Last edited by Barbarossa82; 12-09-2006 at 13:38.

My Armenian AAR

Barbarossa,

Nice work, a great story. It'd be a shame if you can't put them all into a PDF document because of file size because it would make it much easier to read.

Nellup
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something." - Plato

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast