Thread: New plan

Default New plan

I have a new plan to AOVAF.

-Refining and maybe changing the scope to the Arab, Viking and Magyar raids. In the practice it means maybe a modified starting date (later), and maybe creating a new faction, the 'Arab raiders' placed on the Italian peninsula. These are not so big changes I think.
    -Changing mod name - finding a more appealing one. This name can be anythink like Raiders!, Raid Europe, Frankish Wars, Europe 843 or something can be a hook for the players.
    -Making a working beta as soon as possible with substitute skins.
    -MTW2 in the hope the AI will be better. It depends on the modding possibilities of course.

I think it is not impossible and there are always guys who want and are willing help the mod.

After PMing a lot with menander I open this thrade to make a new chance and possible a new way to the mod.
    See the things above as my suggestions and nothing else.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: New plan

Sounds good. Do you want to start the mod again?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    Sounds good. Do you want to start the mod again?
    I don't know yet. Maybe menander.
    It would be great to resurrect the work but I don't want to be a mod leader. I could coordinate a team but I think a leader must to mod himself.

Anyway 2-4 months will go the people play mtw2 and after that there will be a chance to finish this mod. I don't think it would be hard. Contributors needed of course.

Can you upload to rapidshare the stuff you have? I have the pack Legio made in the ancient times but nothing else. I suppose you have at least Scion's skins and the works of Palissa. Anything else your team did?

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

Wow, ive just been reading your previews on the other thread and ive got to admit i was realy impressed and quite shocked to see that you are dropping the name (which i loved), and the whole northern european scope is being tuned down a bit. Still i look forward to playing your mod immensely!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Quote Originally Posted by Fate
    Wow, ive just been reading your previews on the other thread and ive got to admit i was realy impressed and quite shocked to see that you are dropping the name (which i loved), and the whole northern european scope is being tuned down a bit. Still i look forward to playing your mod immensely!
    You can be happy, the name of the mod remains.
    But it will be never finished.