Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mod "Deus lo Vult" (DLV)

Default Re: Mod "Deus lo Vult" (DLV)

Hi again guys. I just upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1, started a new campaign with the Scottish. Loving the Irish (finally I can ally with them!).

One question though, is there a way to disable the random-death thingummy? I had three top notch generals (including two heirs) die on me in their thirties, within 10 turns of each other. That's a bit too realistic for me

(and I don't like adopting, the idea of some upstart getting their mits on the Scottish crown doesn't appeal to me )

first i have to say, this is a wonderful mod that i enjoy to play. Right now i am playing as France, and it is quite a challenge with all the rebels popping up so often. However, for my next campaign I was thinking of trying the mongols, and i was wondering if you have to build up your own forces into the horde, or do you get reinforcements that show up at the correct time?

Orthodox Christian forever! Member phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar

Great job! This is one of mine favorite mods

PROUD LEADER OF TSARDOMS: TOTAL WAR

Honner et Fidelite Member repman's Avatar

Bugfixer_02: for DLV 4.0

changelog bugfixer_02 (includes bugfixer_01) save compatible to 4.0 campaigns
    - fixed armenian, desert tribes crashes if attacking or defending: thanks to Abromocos
    - added unit_info cards for armenia: thanks to Abromocos
    - update to education submod 1.4: thanks to StrikeQ, Belgae
    - added 4 provincial titles for regions: Diabekr, Homs, Malazgirt, Sis
    - fixed missing portraits teutons
    - added recruitable bodyguards to armenia
    - fixed third level of knight templar
    - added metropolis ressource for Jerusalem, Sis and some other regions stuff
    - added Handbook_40_02 .pdf

see first post

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 5.3 for MTW II 1.2
    All factions playable, Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+TeutonicOrder+Armenia+Crusader +Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6.1, big map, military career system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

RepMan,
    I have been playing your mods as them English. Great mod. The only thing I dislike is the amount of reble armies that keep showing up. Just Taking all of England an holdingit against rebles is game in it's self. That first reblearmy sponded near London is a pain in the royal behind.

How do you passive a region? I would like the reble activity toned down. If not elimiate them all together. Starting forces are just to small to handle them in the begining. Maybe it is my play style. At least in MTW the activity toned down the longer you held a region and the population became more loyal.
    WarHawk1953

---------------------------------------- Bugfixer_01-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Changelog 5.0 bugfixer_01:
    - bugfixing: sea trade, scottish princess, denmark death,... thanks to Harry Lime
    - new faction norway + new region Bergen: thanks to Harry Lime
    - small changes to campaign AI
    - transfer units from kingdoms: thanks to Harry Lime, Ordensritter
    byzantium
    .greek_firethrower
    egypt
    .dismounted_ghulams
    .ghulams
    elo
    .edessan_squires
    .edessan_guard
    teutons
    .ritterbruder
    .clergymen
    .prussian_archers
    .order_spearmen
    .dismounted_ritterbruder
    ireland
    .calivermen
    .mounted calivermen
    turks
    .hasham
    .dismounted_hasham

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    All factions playable, Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+TeutonicOrder+Armenia+Crusader +Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6.1, big map, military career system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Is there any way to change the foreign province names back to their English names. I get headaches trying to remember who is who. Thanks.

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

Thx guys for a wonderful mod and all the goodie feats.

1. I´m getting frustrated that so many of my familymembers are dying, before 60, due to your script. Last night I lost 4 generals, incl a prince, 2 imams, 1 spy and 3 merchants during just one turn. Not one of them was even close to 60. I can accept some percentage of accidental deaths since its quite realistic.
    Q: Can I remove some txt.doc to get rid of this?

2. Please change the "Swedish" settlement Uppsala to Kalmar. Pull out an atlas and have a look. Uppsala is 10km NORTH of Stockholm. The settlement now named Uppsala is located roughly 300km SOUTH of Stockholm where Kalmar is located which is more appropriate due to its importance in medieval times. Btw, Stockholm wasn´t founded unitl around 1250ad by Birger Jarl.

3. Any plans for adding regions/ settlements? I´m missing alot of important places in central France, central Germany, Italian peninsula/ Scicily, along the Danube and eastern Turkey.

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by PseRamesses; 11-04-2007 at 13:16.

dear chaps!

the DLV mod is most enjoyable and gets to the nittygritty, absolutely.

but i have a question:

bare with me while i paint a picture...
    i notice in kingdoms that you get the option to change your religion when playing as lithuania in the teutonic scenario. not that it appears as if there is great choice (catholic or bust!). what i would love to able to do (especially in the DLV mod) is change my faction's religion to whatever the available choices are (catholic, pagan, muslim, orthodox, "Heretic" plus any others).

are there any plans to incorporate such a thing? obviously, the consequences and reactions would turn events upside down, but the Cathar heresy was of great impact in France, for example. the Templars got nailed a century later. the Hussites "asked questions" and Luther truely mashed things up! the Reconquista was as much a grab for new catholic souls as it was a territorial expansion. All the while, the tide of islam was threatening to engulf Asia Minor and the Balkans. Princes didn't just swap sides, they also changed religion for all sorts of ends from time to time...

opportunities arise for a Prince to choose to stay with their starting religion or to implement a change in spiritual tack (with often tumultuous results so not a choice to be taken lightly if incorporated in the DLV mod)! any practical ambitions to do this? or, how could i go about it myself (having zero modding experience and a poor grasp of the modding lingo)?

xxxfoxaque

@arthur
    religion change is time consuming to implement...maybe later....
    would love to have the cathar and montsegur...

Changelog Patch 5.2 not save compatible to 5.1 or older
    - new strat models for sea blockade, siege and trade routes thanks to riczu74
    - some reskin of teutons thanks to Rex Cobalt
    - new strat models for Faction leader, heir, general, captain thanks to Isilendil and Tyre
    - new religion judaism: merchants require 20% judaism (only for the player), jewish synagogues available to convert (but will create unrest in the mother factions... so you have to decide where to build them..)
    - all priests have fieldcosts on enemy territories :300 fl
    - reduced\semitransparent flag symbols on the campaign map: strength of armies no more visible
    - small battle parameter changes
    - double ressources in capitals: monopoly traits,....(idea from Averroës)

repman

Just to be clear, this mod combines all the campaing into one hudge one, right?

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

This is outstanding. If I ever can get a SecuRom-less Kingdoms, I will install this.

Deus lo Vult Kingdoms 5.0 is out + Patch 5.3

Changelog Patch 5.3 not save compatible to 5.2 or older
    - new faction Georgia: thanks to Harry Lime integrate the russian "Knights of Honour Mod 5.0" (Skinner NeoUA)

- new strat models for captains: thanks to Isilendil

- integrated more skins from Lithuania mod: thanks to Isilendil+MadTao

- reworked skins Teuton Order: thanks to Isilendil
    - reworked campaign map texture files
    - more aggressive mongols
    - faster campaign turns
    - included in Campaign AI: religious buildings influence faction standings with other factions (see XAI mod 2.20D from Xeryx\Naimad)
    - interactive medieval events with player decision effects: adapted from Anno Domini mod:
    Royal Hunt (stables), Royal Banquet(Townhall), Trade Fair(Market), Holy Council(Church,o_church(masjii), Royal Tournament(Knight stables)
    Yes: give positive traits, no: declining the event give negative traits in a certain distance to the capital

have fun

Anyone has:
    DLV_Britannia_1_1_Install.exe
    and
    DLV_Britannia_1_2e_Upgrade.exe
    ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12