Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got the game yet? The "I got the game" thread.

Default Anyone got the game yet? The "I got the game" thread.

So, now the European launchdate is drawing near, I'm kind of wondering who already has the game (legally) due to, for example, Stores selling them early, Preorder 'mistakes' etc.

Come on, I know you want to brag.
    Last edited by Maizel; 11-07-2006 at 10:12.

Default Re: Anyone got the game yet?

haha I think a few exclusive stores in Germany got them. You'll probably hear more braggin in 3 days, mostly from all of europe before boards go quiet and they all go to game lol.

Default The Official "I've got it!" thread...

I haven't yet, but I'm expecting it tomorrow now cause my Play.com order is "packing". I've read a few, disperate comments around the web of people having finally got the game so let's here it people?

Who has it?
    Which country are you in?
    Which shop did you buy it from?

Have you wet your pants yet?

And has anyone taken any time off work to play it? Be honest.

Last edited by maestro; 11-07-2006 at 13:44.
    Isn't it funny how people trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell?

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Default Re: The Official "I've got it!" thread...

May I add: on which computer is it running really smoooootttthhh
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

About smoothness, some answers can already be found on the net. If u go there: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67534

"Graphics first: They lag less, and the camera works much more fluently than in the demo."

I'm actually happy about it cause even with a 7800GS, i had some lag at 1280x1024 resolution. Hopefully, it will be more enjoyable with the final product.
    "He could hear her still at times. Promise me, she had cried, in a room that smelled of blood and roses, Promise me, Ned. The fever had taken her strength and her voice had been faint as a whisper, but when he gave her his word, the fear had gone out of his sister's eyes."
    Eddard and Lyanna Stark about Jon Snow Targaryen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImp
    "Graphics first: They lag less, and the camera works much more fluently than in the demo."
    I must say it bothers me that so many good features seem to have been added at the last minute. It suggests the game could have benefited a great deal by an extra month or two of development, and that instead it's been shoved out the door in order to be there for the Christmas season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImp
    About smoothness, some answers can already be found on the net. If u go there: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67534

I'm actually happy about it cause even with a 7800GS, i had some lag at 1280x1024 resolution. Hopefully, it will be more enjoyable with the final product.

Thanks....so there is hope....I got a Nivida7800xs or smth. like that....round 15 FRAPS in the first demo version. That sucked bigtime. But now I will hopefully be fine....in about 4 hours, when I´ll start playing MTW2...

Lol, even a "do you have it" thread turns into system spec discussion.

Anyway, mines been dispatched from GAME. I ordered early October for those who also ordered from game.

It seems a lot of the people who have it are in Europe. Does anyone in the US have it?

Jup, game is available in most stores in Germany since this morning. Only drawback: the English audio and menu-language doesn't seem to work. You have the option when installing, yet the game itself is in German, which kinda breaks the mood (unless you're playing HRE, which I am not).

Nevertheless, seems like I have a looooong night ahead of me. And a quite nasty workday tomorrow

Who has it?

Meeee

Which country are you in?

Germany, Munich

Which shop did you buy it from?

PC Fun in Schillerstr. near Central Staation

Have you wet your pants yet?

Yup, then I giggled all my way home like a maniac.

And has anyone taken any time off work to play it?

Also: Yup. Three free days next week to dive into M2TW. Also lied to my girlfriend and said that I am sick today and can't see her. She wouldn't understand why I rahter spend this night with my new love than with her. I restocked my supply of ready-to-eat-stuff like pizza and cup noodles, filled the fridge with beer and will walk around like a zombie tomorrow in work

lucky.

There is a guy on the Total War open forums on the official website that actually got the game early. He was accidentally sent a copy he preordered from a website a little too early. The website only sent out 2 copies before they realized their mistake, heh. I think is name is Maeg88 or something. He did post a lot of screenshots to satiate the poor chaps on the open forums.

<Insert Custom User Title> Member Dan.o6's Avatar

Mine has gone from my Play.com account, it said Packing this morning and I logged on just now and I can't see it in outstanding orders or order history.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz
    XFX Geforce 9800GTX 512mb
    XFX nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
    4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 RAM
    2x Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200RPM
    Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

Is it any good?
    I support Israel

Default Re: Anyone got the <a href="https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/?go=game">game</a> yet? The "I got the game" thread.

Alrighty!

Pizza...in the oven
    Beer...in the fridge
    Smoke...on the desk
    MTW2...in the floppy
    Me...off to the Middle Ages....Yuppididu as "Le Capitain" would say.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan.o6
    Mine has gone from my Play.com account, it said packing this morning and I logged on just now and I can't see it in outstanding orders or order history.
    Jionn the club seems like everyone's experienced the same oddity today
    Isn't it funny how people trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell?

Default Re: Anyone got the game yet? The "I got the game" thread.

Hehe, that explains the other thread I made today, glad I'm not the only one experiencing those problems with play.com
    The only thing that is beginning to drive me mad is the fact that I DO live in Germany and could just go out and buy the game in the next store. But then it would be in GERMAN. It hurts so much to be language fetishist! I have been spoiled by the glory that is the english language and now I'm hooked and can't enjoy anything else...
    *breaks down crying*
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

*nervous twitch*

Lucky, the gamers who have M2TW are. And I'm jealous too. I had a filosophy class, which lasted 3 hours. The only part I actually heard was "Machiavelli and the Italian City States." Other than that, I was playing M2TW in my mind. God, I'm going mad. Mad, I tell you! MAD!
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

bugs, faster than new demo?

I heard some people say that it will be in the US on the 12th, instead of the 14th. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Amon_Zeth
    I heard some people say that it will be in the US on the 12th, instead of the 14th. Is that true?
    On a Sunday?
    That'd be strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy1991
    On a Sunday?
    That'd be strange.
    That's what I was thinking, but it'd be awfully convenient for me.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Grace
    bugs, faster than new demo?
    I'm sure there will be bugs, but performance will be identical to the new demo cause it's the exact same code

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I do live in the US..I pre-order it from EB games so I hope I can get it on the 14th..... or 12th..... :-) :-)

Called a whole bunch of stores here in New York today. Micro Center, CompUSA, and a few gamestops. All were saying the game would be released on the 15th. I found that odd.

Well here in Portugal things are not so rosy. Went to various shops (Game etc...) and no one knows when they will recieve the game. So it looks like on the 10th the only people in these forums will be me and people living in the US (Life can be so cruel sometimes)

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yes it can.. going to call EB Games today or tomarrow, since I pre-order from their, to see what day it will come it

Weired thing first: I entered a shop yesterday at around 6 in the afternoon & didn&#180;t see any M2TW in the shop. So I asked the dealer for it and he told me that it was on sale for only 5 minutes yet...so maybe I am the first person in Regensburg who got it.... I walked home with the biggest grin and installed it.

O.K, I played about 30 rounds yesterday. First & most important: it does run pretty smmoth, even though I still have a lower-medium class grafics card. So i ply on medium-low. I think grafics are still cool.

I played as the HRE....event though i would have prevered a Islamic faction. Well, what the heck.

I can tell it is fun to play: conquered a little bit of Boehmia & Poland [Rebel provinces] & went on expanding twrds. France & conquered Metz [rebels]...then Milan & Venice decleard war on me...damm it. Settled things with Venice & have a major conflict with 2nd strongest [militarywise] faction Milan. One thing i noticed....it is a steady back and forward with them. They conquer Stauffen, I conquer it back...then again [at the moment] they besiege it.....Venice is cool with Milan again and decides to take Vienna from me ....a couple of Swiss rebels massacre my glorious "Panzerreiters" [Heavy Cav. Knights] in the Alpes and block my routes twrds. Vienna [well didn&#180;t have an army potent enough to reconquer it anyhow].

By the way I got into a "mercantile war" with the French who keep on overtaking my resources. Oh, that is one feature i really really like a lot. One builds a merchant and sends him off to more or less far away areas to occupy lying around resources. If you are lucky you&#180;ll get a steady cash flow by that...if not damn Frenchies come around the corner and take over.

The pope likes me....but I tried about 3 times to persuade him that a crusade against Milan would be a good idea. He didn&#180;t agree on that one....sucker!!!! The Poles, my up and coming enemies [as our diplomatic relations get worse and worse] are his favourites...they got a cardinal & pope likes them MOST. Well, if i start a war with Poland, maybe he will excommunicate me [like the Doge in Venice & the king [?] of Milan. Maybe I&#180;ll have to team up with them, then.

Updat:

Well, the HRE is dwelling. I am around turn 91 now. General situation overview

Milan - wiped out by ....HRE

Veice - one last spot to retreat in Sofia with a full stack army marching twrds it pimpin&#180; the flags of the....HRE

Pope doesen&#180;t like me at all, and didn&#180;t in the last ...hmmm, what? 100 years now. He loves Poland, as they have vst regions to the East of them where they can spread his seeds/influence with their all so holly priests.
    I checked that with spies....Poland sends their missionaries [sp] all the way to the Ural.

France is in a major war with England...I watch and enjoy and build up a mean force [Teutonic Order, Sergants, cow throwing trebuchets, my best generals, Reichsritter [nothing to do with the freakin&#180;Nazis!!!!] & some Paveses x-bow men....]. In the meantime i send tons of spies over there and check if one could not open some gates for me.

Oh and my favorite conflict at the moment: the Danes....a nation of heavy armoured knights and believe it or not Clergical [?] Heavy-Cav, yes their Bishops ride horses and are after your scalp....they are MEAN!!!! Dear English: forget about the Scots...beware and be glad you ain&#180;t the HRE & have to face those monsters.....But where there is a darkness, there is light too: I conquered Hamburg from the Danes and now I had seen where they got all their fency equipment from. I am building the coolest of armies thanx to my Scandinavian viking-descending enemies and with that army I&#180;ll wipe out their capital and their trading town of Antwerpen.

Oh, to come back to the Franco-English issue: I married one of my no-good sons [Fritz the Obscenen...no kiddin&#180;] to a nasty Spanish princess and teamed up with her dad to see what will be our part of the cake in France. I smell English bowmen and Richard III round the corner.

Sicily is fighting the pope for tons of turns now.....ride on!&#176;!! Give him what he deserves my Italian friends.

The Moors got thrown outta Spain.

Portugal ceased.

Byzanz is into a very heavy conflict with the Turks [whom i am alilied with....well what can you do if popey is an arse], who teamed up with brothers-in-faith Egypt to face the Mongol Hordes [atm richest & militarywise strongest faction...HRE is second in both and the leader of the pack popwise & productionwise].

I plan to send down some Generals with their most skilled and fitting troops for vacation to some Mediterranian islands and the Near East.

Oh, forgot about Poland: they are at war with Russia [I guess for the oil] and will hopefully be sent to their maker by omnipresent Ghegis et al.

So that is my update...the game is a lot of fun and it is getting better thanks CA.
    Last edited by Subedei; 11-15-2006 at 11:06.

Haha hate to break facts to my fellow americans. However 15th is not uncommon. CA did not say i'd be on shelves on 14th they merely said it would be released on the 14th aka, ship date. Meaning while it ships on the 14th you probably won't get it till round 1pm local time on Wed. That's a fairly common practice, happens with quite a few games, ship tues, hit stores wed.

I guess you can listen to the EU people but personally that just depresses me as only opinion i care about is my own :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast