Thread: When will MTW2 be released in Australia?

Default When will MTW2 be released in Australia?

I was wondering whether it would actually be cheaper and faster to get a copy from America, seeing that it will cost $100 AUS and be released ages after Europe and the US.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Default Re: When will MTW2 be released in Australia?

It is in the comming soon section in EB and Games Wizard... so I would assume very soon... particularly as the developers are based in Brisbane it would be rather amusing that it gets released in Aus last.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

I was wondering whether it would actually be cheaper and faster to get a copy from America, seeing that it will cost $100 AUS and be released ages after Europe and the US.
    I too would like to know this. Lets hope it don't get stuck on the wharfs like BI did.

It is in the comming soon section in EB and Games Wizard... so I would assume very soon... particularly as the developers are based in Brisbane it would be rather amusing that it gets released in Aus last.
    Well Australia is the arse end of the world.

australia is last on the list, the problem is that while CA may be aussie based, sega does not want aussie getting it first like we did with Rome. The official word on the .com boards is 17th, but asking around most game stores are saying the 16th, either way its about a week after everyone else.

imo its stupid cos staggered release dates just encourage those that have to wait to get copies illegally online. i have no doubt that a day or 2 after the game is realsed in europe tehre will be illegal copies all over the net which will just see sega losing more and more money cos people dont want to wait.

neway 8-9 days to go for us aussies.

Cheers Knoddy
    "How come i cant make friends like that"
    "You need to get out more"
    "Im in another galaxy, how much more out can i get"

Bloody Sega

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus
    You can't buy it from Amazon - they are currently shipping to the states only. But I've seen it advertised on EBay from Britain for as little as 28 quid, including postage - or about AU$69.

So yes, looks like you could save substantially by ordering direct from Europe, rather than buying through Aussie retail.

Anyone got M2tw in Australia yet? Rang EB Games and they said not till the 16th

just asked EB in brisbane city...
    I am seriously considering breaking into the CA studios in the valley, stealing a copy and leaving the dosh behind. They're only like two blocks from where i am... think they'd mind? :P
    "If you have an elephant by the hind legs... it's best to let it go"
    Albert Einstein.

I may get it off ebay now. $69 Australian is far better than $100.

troymclure: I know what you feel like, I hate the fact that Australia gets the game last, when it's made right here.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

I have not had success in trying to persuade & bribe EB Games to release the game to me yet, maybe I should lay siege to the store & keep their phone lines busy lol

I think it comes out in the shakey islands on the 17th. Pre-ordered already and currently twiddling thumbs.

If you guys are that close to CA in Aus then if you are going to lay siege to the factory - then try the new "bombard with cows" thing that they have been mentioning on this site.

It may lower moral quicker and get the game out faster...??

*sigh*

back to twiddling thumbs and thinking about flying cows.....
    "My IQ test came back. Thankfully it was negative"

Been to: