New stories are almost always good, so thanks for that.

However, a few things need to be said (and understood).

1. Interactive Histories take a lot of time!
Do not just begin one if you have a nice first chapter. Be ready to put in a great deal of work after the first few chapters, as it gets harder the further you get from the startingposition. Take the time needed for each chapter.

2. Research, research, research...
It can't be said enough.
The human imagination is great, but it can only carry you so far. Often you have to fall back on historical situations that are similar, if only for inspiration. Often the research gives you a good chance to 'predict' the outcome of a given situation, so that it seems more likely to the general public. And believeability is hugely important to something that aspires to be akin to history rewritten.

3. People aren't predictable.
One of my first mistakes was to expect people to pick my choice most of the time. When they tended not to, I became frustrated. I had worked 'my' choice over and over, and perfected it really. All that was wasted then. Then I began making other mistakes related to that. At first I tried making the 'right' (read 'my') choice more obvious, that is of course very wrong, as where is the fun of a predictable or always perfect choice? It would not be fun without the mistakes that are made. It took time for me to learn that, and in the meanwhile I was tempted to force 'my' choice through. That is even worse, as the story then becomes no more than a shell of an interactive storyline. So don't ever do that.

4. Be ruthless.
If people have chosen the wrong choice, punish them in the story! If they have done it repeatedly, then it might be time to really lay the smackdown, here I refer to IH III Antiochus' Dilemma. If they then continue, kill them.

5. Be persistent.
If you are running out of will or imagination, take a break from the story. Do something else entirely for a while, then return. It is well worth it. It is far better to take a break than burn out and abandon a great story just when it is reaching a high point (here I'm refering to the great but failed Michael's Crucible). When taking abreak it might be best to tell people that they migth have to wait a bit longer for an update. I managed to hold onto a nice little crowd for more than two months with no updates, by informing them I couldn't just yet post any chapters. Maybe it went that well because it was the truth and I intended to return, but it is only fair to tell people anyway.

6. Don't rush.
It is terribly tempting to rush people into all those nice situations you have thought up (and you can't deny you have planned a nice few of them). But don't do that. Save the most juicy situations as far as you can for two reasons. It spreads out the best you can dish up with, and it forces you to deal with the problems of not having a ready solution at hand (but with the safety of actually having one, which makes it easier on you to make up new things).

7. Don't rush mk2.
If you feel like writing chapters fast and hurried, then do so. But be aware that you will get tired at some point. Better to not have wasted yourself early.
Besides, most people like to think things over, discuss them and some might not even be able to check up every three days or so. Don't limit yourself to those who have the time to do hourly checks if you can gain a larger crowd by going a bit slower.

8. If you decide to quit the story.
Then say so, either to me or preferably in the thread itself. Just don't be hasty about it.