Very Nice Work Lord Cauis.

DOWNLOAD IT NOW!!!

GOD WILLS IT!!!

Default Re: First Release: The Crusades V1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Yunus Dogus
    GOD WILLS IT!!!!!

exactly congrats to cb

OMG I THINK I JUST PISSED MYSELF... SO AWESOMEKICKASSEDNESS PACKED INTO ONE GAME... AND ITS FREE!!!

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

Since, I got the patch for Medieval II, I can't play without a CD anymore and I can't find my disc anhwere, so this basically saved me.

very good job!
    the atmosphere is very authentical.
    nice map, nice units.

does the campaign script activate the 3rd crusade at some point when playing as the saraceans?

shaka
    Homer was wrong in saying: "Would that strife might perish from among gods and men!" He did not see that he was praying for the destruction of the universe; for, if his prayer were heard, all things would pass away. . .

Is A... Member Quintus Of Pompeii's Avatar

Post Re: First Release: The Crusades V1.0

Downloading now..
    Looks GREAT!!!

Quintus
    "Acta est fabula"
    The Story Is Complete
    -Augustus' Last Words

First of all I just want to say that I enjoy this mod very much, I just have one small complaint. Maybe its my computer.

But anyway, when I play this mod as islam the only units the crusaders build are maronites, and when I am playing as the Crusaders, the only unit islam builds are the sissy archer guys that I can't remember the names of.

Any way you can fix that soon.

hello, i just reinstalled rome and wanted to try this cool mod. but most of the download links, totalrealism, filefactory, FileFront arent working anymore. i can download from sendspace but it doesnt let me resume, i'll need a few days to finish it due to slow speed. i've also downloaded from megaupload but the exe file is corrupted when i finished.

is there other sites i can find this mod on? or i'll redownload from megaupload again and hope it works.

Excellent mod Caius

Default Re : First Release: The Crusades V1.0

Yeah, very good mod, with the Kindom of Heaven's music, it's really awesome...
    ~ Click on the picture below to see First Age of Beleriand & Middle-Earth in a Total War modification ~

Exelent mode!!!!!

protector of Taxandria Member Marcus Furius Camillus's Avatar

there is only one thing I can say about this MOD : DEUS VULT - ( pope Urbanus II )
    -Once killing starts, it is difficult to draw the line

- C. Cornelius Tacitus

Hi, This is a great mod!!! Too bad not anyone supports it anymore.

I get a CTD rarely when I have played the game for some tme, but that is my standard CTD I occasionally get with my compooter due to some unknown software and/or hardware issues and maybe conflicts.

I notice that my Assasin's portraits in the city info pic scroll usually appears as a unit icon pic, another character portrait or parts of 2 portraits, a building or part thereof, other textures and unknowns, and sometimes as its own actual portrait. Very odd.

Anyone make any tweaks to tone down the number of Rebel Pirates and the costs of buildings and units and unit upkeep?? Also some unit info pic (and possibly buildings) descriptions seem to need to be completed.

Don't know if this is necessary but with the 52-turn/year script (I think that is right, hope I read this here about this mod, but I may have it confused with another one), it may not be necessary, but I am playing without the script and it seems like 2 to 4 turns per year.

Great music, gameplay is hard, its hard to hold onto cities and make a profit from them, and the models, sprites, and Review and Info Pics are great!!!

Thanx, Chris

PS: I went back and activated the 52-turn/year script in an already started campaign and I went bak from 1200-something to 1187, no biggie. Also, using that script rather than the regular 2-turn per year vanilla game script, you are indeed able to improve your cities and armies considerably. May tweak some unit stats and cost etc. though. Plays great and the music etc. are great.
    Last edited by christof139; 08-20-2007 at 02:29.

Just got a few turns into 1188, and i am finally making some $$$. I destroy all the Military Academies and other buildings in a town if I do not intend to stay there so gather $$$ that way. Also, playing as the Crusaders, I destrpy the mosques and usually immediately build a Christian Shrine in the town. Then as my front is pushed forward, the captured towns in the rear areas gradually and sometimes fairly quickly convert to Christianity, although there are riots and an occasioanl rebellion, but I just repair damged Shrines and upgrade them to Chapels and Churches, until I actually have towns without garrisons and from 75% - 100% Happiness. I've also had towns with 0% Happiness have only occasional riots and rare rebellions.

The coast is controlled byt the Crusaders from St. Symeon in the north along with Antioch all the way to Arsuf and Jaffa in the south, jerusalem is also takes, as is the Hospitaler Krak des Chavaliers and the Teutonic Bueafort or Belvoir. Tarsus in the far north in Cilicia, Anatolia just rebelled with an about 80% Happiness (wierd) so I moved northwest to Koryrus (sp?) and took that but will soon evacuate my little army u their for pleasanter realms farther south, if any survive.

Have to tweak this to lessen the amount of roaming Rebel/Slave/Brigand Armies and especially Fleets, as ther were never that many Pirate Fleets of that great a strength continually popig up to harass the Crusaders. Some Moslem and even Christian Pirates were around then, but not at the strength and frequency they appea in the mod. An English Pirate, Gundemejer (sp?) with his Pirate/Corsair fleet of Britons, Danes, various French and Italians, etc. actually helped the Principality of Antioch during its initial founding, and of course this was done to make a profit, but there were some 'spititual' or other reasons, but mainly profit. So, since the Crusaders have very limited sea strength since they can't afford the upkeep with all their troops and building and rebuilding using most of the $$$, a slight lessening of the number and rate of appearance of these Rebels might make things a slight bit more historical.

I think a 30 to 50% reduction in the appearances and number of ships in a Pirate fleet and the same for Land Rebels/Brigands would be good, for me anyway.

Now, to discover how to mod the files to do this. Have to find the right thread, any help on this from anyone please!???!

Anyway, good mod as it is.

Thank you again, Chris

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: First Release: The Crusades V1.0

Quote Originally Posted by christof139
    Now, to discover how to mod the files to do this. Have to find the right thread, any help on this from anyone please!???!
    I think this thread contains the answer you seek. If it doesn't work, ask you question in that forum. Don't forget to back things up though.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Ludens,

Yes, and thanx for the link!!!

Unfortunately, now I also see that Brigands are not rebels so I have to determine what the DRF file is, or maybe there are entires concening brigands in the Descriprtion files mentioned in the other thread.

Also, seems that the castle of Montreal is in the wrong place, and should be east of the range of hills rather than west. Have to double check, but that is a simple matter of changing the map cooridnates, as long as one simply knows what files the map cords. are in, but that is here in some thread or other. Some troop etc. into. pic descriptions aren't finished either.

Does anyone want to finish this mod??

It's a good mod, detailed, accurate, and fun.

Chris

PS: I have Runciman's 3 Volumes on the Crusades plus a decent Atlas dealing with them, and the info. in Runciman's work is very, very detailed and superb. It uses many original primary sources, both Christian, Jewish, and Muslim, plus he draws on the works of many very good modern authors. Runciman published in the 1950's. There are scads of peoples' names in Runciman's books, including many Christian ladies' names. It is amazing at how many and how quickly the crusaders built their castles, both large and small (stone from Roman ruins were reused to a great extent). The many alliances between Moslems and Christians is also amazing and described in detail. Great books if anyone is interested and doesn't have them, and they are available used and in paperback at Amazon.com and sometimes on Ebay etc.
    Last edited by christof139; 08-28-2007 at 14:15.

WotD 2D graphic Dude Member Gebeleisis's Avatar

This looks EXtraordinary

*downloads*

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: First Release: The Crusades V1.0

It looks like a good mod but i can't download it

Filefront and other sites do not let me download and they are sayng that the file is not available ...

EDIT: Found a filelink posted by TosaInu .. so .. i will load it
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 12-22-2007 at 11:14.

Can someone upload the links again? Really looking forward to playing this game!

I did the sensible thing and checked,if all the links were dead and found that these links still appear to be working:
    http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=8K3VQPCD
    http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=P1N0V2JU
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/bc8cgz

and of course I took this sensible,obvious and intelligent step after uploading it myself...

http://rapidshare.com/files/83179432...des_v1.rar.001
    http://rapidshare.com/files/83196195...des_v1.rar.002
    http://rapidshare.com/files/83203147...des_v1.rar.003

You'll need alot of time (or a premium account),HJ-Split and WinRar (both available as free-/shareware so google it).

I included a hotfix and the new models from over here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136523
    (where all Crusades-fans should pay visit and hommage).
    Last edited by Old Nick; 01-12-2008 at 14:18.

need to free disc space on hard drive quickly

wow looks great.... only 1 hour of downloading left...

in the new update i think that u should seriously tone down recruitment times for the crusaders armies most knights an heavy troops take 4 to 8 years to make lol wtf

Smile Re: First Release: The Crusades V1.0

I've also re uploaded it http://www.filefactory.com/file/20b0...rusades_v1_exe

It appears the other guys link is still working anyway.
    Last edited by Darkarbiter; 11-07-2008 at 01:50.
    Imperator de Basileia Ton Romaion-A "The long road" M2tw AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...41#post1657841
    Click here if you want to know what a freshly shaven **** looks like.

From Asia live in South East Asia(SEA) country , Singapore

Red face Re: First Release: The Crusades V1.0

IS THIS MOD Folder or Overwrite the game ?

im not going to play it if it need to overwrite

Royal Pharoh of PTOLEMAIOI and Dictator Of Romani

Default AW: First Release: The Crusades V1.0

Normally it overwrites it, but you could make a copy of the bi folder!ß
    NOTE: It will install it into the bi folder, so you should first copy the folder,
    then you have "bi" and "bi(2)" and after the installation rename "bi" into "crusades"(or something like this) and "bi(2)" into "bi". Now you only need a shortcut on desktop(add " -enable_editor -mod:crusades")
    Last edited by Flavius Etius; 11-18-2008 at 16:21.

Sindarin Elf of Doriath Member Finch's Avatar

this is still one of the best mods ever of high quality/epic proportions

I don't have BI, only RTW 1.5, can I still play this mod?

No, you'll need Barbarian invasion

Question Re: First Release: The Crusades V1.0

Umm.. how do you uninstall?

I have one question I want to know why i can't get main campain to work with this mod playing Franks as Crusaders in Mian Campaign when i click it, it load up to pick your faction so i do that and i click start it just goes back to Main menu is there a way to get Main campaign working again so you can fight with Franks/Crusaders Vs Rome and or factions ? IF so great tried Many thing i know about this so far deleting BI-option on descr_strat when we install this mod is changes some of the Units I was wondering do i got to Change the start of units for the franks in main Campaign to make it work or is there something else i do to do?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast