Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bugs and Issues post.

Default Re: Bugs and Issues post.

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty
    Mine works fine, no crashes at all. Only bugs i've come across are with the unit cards. Sometimes the pictures change, for example Guy got barbarossas pic after a few turns. Also, sometimes the spy's card changes to a unit in the city they are spying on.

And the names. As the game progressed I had like 12 Guy's lol

Ya the names list is rather short. I'm working on increasing it.
    Creator of The Crusades a complete modification for Barbarian Invasion
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

same here no crashes... the only thing wierd is that i had two richard plantengents.. but one had the lionheart as a title... hehe great mod love it .. its very very challenging with wat the crusaders start with..
    [GG]CountFlip
    Grenadier Guards an NTW 2 Clan

Caius:

Tried a new campaign and made sure I loaded the Script (Clicked on Show me how and then left the advisor as it was).

About roughly 4-5 turns in the saracens start making numerous assaults on me and some battles I fought but others I just auto-calculated (Not worth fighting since I would lose anyways) and that's when it starts crashing. Not sure if the auto-calc has anything to do with it since I'm not loading a new battle up. I've already made a fresh install too.

But seriously, I haven't done anything to the game other than readjust the rebel spawns which shouldn't do anything at all.

The game seems to crash during the saracen-rebel turn though. Any ideas?
    Last edited by nameless; 11-14-2006 at 08:45.

Hmm...when I try to play I imediately get the message:

"Error loading mount database."
    Realists deny reality, and embrace an ideology where talk is productive and governments are sincere.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless
    Caius:

Tried a new campaign and made sure I loaded the Script (Clicked on Show me how and then left the advisor as it was).

About roughly 4-5 turns in the saracens start making numerous assaults on me and some battles I fought but others I just auto-calculated (Not worth fighting since I would lose anyways) and that's when it starts crashing. Not sure if the auto-calc has anything to do with it since I'm not loading a new battle up. I've already made a fresh install too.

But seriously, I haven't done anything to the game other than readjust the rebel spawns which shouldn't do anything at all.

The game seems to crash during the saracen-rebel turn though. Any ideas?
    Hello, thank you for this wonderful mod.
    I have the same problem, at saracen turn 5 the game always crash to desktop. At this turn there is always a saracen army sieging at least a city.
    I tried like ten different campaigns but is the same.
    Thank you again for the magnificent job.

Teutonic Knights and Seargents descriptions are mixed up.
    crossbows make archer sound effects and shoot in an arch. (it should shoot straight)
    spearmen dont have their bonus against cavalry. (or do they?)
    no diplomats?
    otherwise great mod!
    Last edited by The Spartan (Returns); 11-20-2006 at 03:33.

I get a crash to desktop everytime i end my turn as crusaders at 1193 AD

Dunno what's going on :(

I, too, have been having some bugs crop up when I play. For the Crusaders Campaign, I always get a ctd almost always around 4-6 turns in the game, during the saracen-rebel turn wherein at least one city is being besieged by the Saracens. As for the Saracen campaign, is Shaizer scripted to always have a loyalist revolt at around the same time? It's always been because of that town that I've been involved in an early war against the crusaders.

BTW, great mod! Definitely one of the best, if not the best!
    I want to bathe in their blood...I want to bathe in their blood for a week!-Freaky Roman General

Formerly Seedexodus...not that anyone cares

A member has uploaded a fix at the RTR forums for this bug... i think caius is gonna fix it officially too...
    Imperator de Basileia Ton Romaion-A "The long road" M2tw AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...41#post1657841
    Click here if you want to know what a freshly shaven **** looks like.

RTR? What's the fix doing there?
    I want to bathe in their blood...I want to bathe in their blood for a week!-Freaky Roman General

Friend of Lady Luck Member Mooks's Avatar

I got this really wierd message pop up. Saying I failed the success conditions (It had a picture of a sword in the ground) then went on too say I didnt be as great as Constatine in 17bc (Or something like that, its kind of late at night). Im just keep on playing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    i love the idea that angsty-teens can get so spazzed out by computer games that they try to rage-rape themselves with a remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Seedexodus
    RTR? What's the fix doing there?
    because it was posted by a RTR member and also because naturally caius being an ex RTR dev his biggest fanbase is at forums.
    Imperator de Basileia Ton Romaion-A "The long road" M2tw AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...41#post1657841
    Click here if you want to know what a freshly shaven **** looks like.

Didn't know that. It seems that I can't find a reference to that patch in the RTR forums, so I'll guess I'll wait until caius officially releases his own patch. Thanks a bunch anyway.

http://forums.totalrealism.net/index...dpost&p=304908

Heres the fix the person created. It has not solved all the CTD issues with the crusader campaign. An offical patch is still a ways off, I'm busy with RL right now.
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

Well, good luck with RL and whatever you're doing right now. As for the patch, it really doesn't matter how long I wait, just take your time hopefully find a fix to all of the problems. =)

EDIT: And how do I exactly place this in my files? Do I overwrite the descr_strat.txt, because when I do, the Crusader campaign description changes to that of the Saracens and I can't start a game. Sorry for posting this here as I'm not a member of the RTR forums.
    Last edited by Arciel; 11-26-2006 at 11:10.

Make pies not war Member Cangrande's Avatar

I've downloaded ok, but although it seems to have installed ok, I get to the title screen and then it crashes to windows. Any ideas? I'm using the Jonesoft generic thingy. I've got BI 1.6 and I'm sure I'm installing to the right RTW directory, but....
    Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem

I've downloaded ok, but although it seems to have installed ok, I get to the title screen and then it crashes to windows. Any ideas? I'm using the Jonesoft generic thingy. I've got BI 1.6 and I'm sure I'm installing to the right RTW directory, but....
    Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem

Sorry guys! The page wouldn't load, perhaps a mod could remove the surplus?
    Ta

Problem sorted, thanks!

Lord Saika Magoichi Member Seign Thelas's Avatar

I downloaded, installed, and started it up, when I hit start game after picking my faction, the game just loops back to the screen where it says New Game and all that. And all the factions are visible on the screen for faction select (i.e: Alemanni are there.)

Are you choosing Campaigns of the Crusades then either The Third Crusades or Saladins Conquests? The imperial BI campaign does not work. You must use the new Crusader Campaigns. They are at the bottom of the main single player menu.

when i started mine up it went to the loading screen and then the game dissappeared, i didnt even reach the start menu. how come it couldnt load im pretty sure i installed it correctly?

I have the same issues as several people here, game crashes around 1188 during AI moves which is after just a few turns.
    I'm really amazed at this mod, I mean really outstanding what I've seen of it, however it's a crying shame that it seems unplayable for most people. The link for a fix at RTR forums is dead as the forum has been down for weeks, maybe longer, the last post by here by caius seems to be 8 months ago so I'm having to assume there's not going to be a fix for this? again, a real shame that the amount of outstanding work thats been done on this kind of ends here with an unplayable mod.

Hi, I'm in 1188 and haven't had a crash, ever never, oh, except for the standard RTW crash and/or my normal system crash that sometimes occurs dur to a WinXP SP 2 error that is always listed and reported as the same. But I have had no crashes that seem to be only do to the mod. Ny last crash was a long time ago in another campaign.

Maybe this may be occurring to cause a crash: playing in unscripted mode and then cahnging to the 52-year script or visa versa??

I haven't made it through 1188 yet but so far so good.

Chris

Well, there's certainly issues with the crusader campaign regarding CTD's for most of us which is why the author put a campaign update fix and in another post linking to a fix at the RTR forums, problem still exists that the links are both dead cause the forum at RTR is dead. Maybe there's some that can play Crusaders past 1188 but unless these fixes are ever sorted out into something more permanent you're going to get CTD's at some point.

I don't have that update fix installed methinks, as I can't find any file of it that would be ther if i had downlaoaded it.

I am also far, far into 1188.

Chris

PS: I also played without the 52-turn per year script, and that would be 2-turns per year rate I guess, and I played well inot the 1200's, 1204 or 1208, somewhere around there, without a CTD that ended the campaign.
    Last edited by christof139; 09-16-2007 at 04:31.

Im having trouble with show_err. I've been trying to make a new campaign (first crusade) and I put the tagline on but it never shows me the error when it ctd's

Unhappy Re: Bugs and Issues post.

Unfortunately, the game crash to Windows after 5 or 6 turns. I'm very disappointed and fustrated because this mod seems very great, I hope a gold version will be released very soon Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12