Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bugs and Issues post.

Default Bugs and Issues post.

Known Issues:

- If you play more than 3 battles in a row there is a chance your video memory could be overloaded and a CTD occur loading the next battle
    - Palm trees are too big
    - random crash on AI turns when "Follow AI Characters" is selected in campaigns
    - Agents for the crusaders on the map already have old portraits (can't fix this)
    Creator of The Crusades a complete modification for Barbarian Invasion
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

Wimpy of the Sore Ass Member WImPyTjeH's Avatar

Default Re: Bugs and Issues post.

hmmm.... are you sure your sprites are working properly ?

because i get this if i zoom out:

you can clearly see the saracen banner but not the units. if i zoom in, i see the units

it was the saracen 'knight from the principality of edessa' unit

W
    Proud supporter of The Fourth Age: Total War
    Mod Realms - News about and home for fantastical and historical mods
    The Chamber of Records - The site dedicated to the Lore of J.R.R. Tolkien
    - The Hearts Of Men Find No Comfort In Peace ... -

Burns: I still have a hard time figuring out what the heck his name is or means...
    Apoc: Yes, I have wondered that, as well. A Google search brought up:
    Wimpy Tjeh: The great Belgian warrior, most famous for dropping his pants at the Battle of Someplaceinbelgumandnotinthenetherlands, and shouting to the Roman archers: 'Here's a target for jeh!' Also known as Wimpy of the Sore Ass.

Not sure if it's intended or not, but I have a similar problem to Wimpy's only it's the other way around. The white flags of routing units sometime disappear when zoomed out.

Several bugs I spotted:

- Teutonic foot knights and Teutonic sergeats have swapped description text

- Hospitaller mounted knights have "shifted" icon image (a bit of right piece of the icon is on the left, it should by on the right)

- I cannot iniciated night battle (Saladin has night fighter trait, but the possibility of fighting in night is missing - may be intentional?)

Quote Originally Posted by WImPyTjeH

you can clearly see the saracen banner but not the units. if i zoom in, i see the units

W

Hrm, I'll look into it. The graphics have been done for over 2 months now, with equivalent testing. All the sprites were working prior to release.
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

i have the same problem but i disable the unit shaders and the glint and reflections and it works fine

some buildings have missing text it says this text sould not be here or something

and sometimes in the campaign map i move the cursors and it bumps me right back to my desktop

and last but not least sometimes the gods decree that middle eastern lands are too hot and dry and when i click my next turn the eastern lands become "waterworld" all the land are bellow the sea maybe ill noah and the ark

maybe its just gods will

Quote Originally Posted by WImPyTjeH

W
    Sprites are working fine. Disable Gloss/Glints.
    Last edited by caius britannicus; 11-10-2006 at 01:21.

Firstly I must first say what a great mod. Inspired me to get "Kingdom of Heaven", the much much better director's cut, out ready to watch again!!

A couple of little things I have come across not already mentioned in earlier posts. When I open the "Agents Window" some of the spies have either unit or building pictures not the usual portraits, hope you follow me on that one! And the text is all messed up and not correctly positioned.

A few "historical" things seem a bit strange. The Saracens seem to have "christian" units in their armies. I don't know if these are mercenaries or recruitable units but are surely inaccurate. Whilst I am amazed at the great variety of units available in the mod I am not sure about the makeup of some of the starting "Crusader" armies, nor their relative size compared to the Kingdom forces, which were minimal after Hattin, or the Saracen forces, although presumably that is to make things tough!!

Finally unfortunately I am experiencing a fatal CTD about 12 turns in during the AI turn. I am not sure how to find out, if it is even possible, what is causing this. Would sending you the savegame file be useful to you?

Again many thanks to you for one of the best mods yet, I doubt MTW2 can compete.

A few "historical" things seem a bit strange. The Saracens seem to have "christian" units in their armies. I don't know if these are mercenaries or recruitable units but are surely inaccurate.
    Through some simple research i find out there is "middle eastern christians" in their armies historically, they fought with saladin for freedom of thier homeland..after being oppressed for many years..its not strange thou..juz look @ when scotland fight the english for freedom they're both christians.

But for a christian crusaders units in their armies..yes its strange...

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shishan
    Through some simple research i find out there is "middle eastern christians" in their armies historically, they fought with saladin for freedom of thier homeland..after being oppressed for many years..its not strange thou..juz look @ when scotland fight the english for freedom they're both christians.

But for a christian crusaders units in their armies..yes its strange...
    Christians weren't oppressed, they had to pay taxes though and usually lived in seperate areas of towns and cities. And besides, the Christians under Saladin generally wouldn't be of the Roman Catholic variety.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Gah!
    I know this isn't a bug but I have just spent a while downloading and now when i try to install it says the folder contains invalid data.
    What should I do?

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Bopa the Magyar
    Gah!
    I know this isn't a bug but I have just spent a while downloading and now when i try to install it says the folder contains invalid data.
    What should I do?
    Check that you have BI v1.6, and make sure you install into the Rome-Total War folder, not BI....

Im crashing in campaign mod when playing Crusaders after a few turns not in Saracen campaign though. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Sumeren
    Im crashing in campaign mod when playing Crusaders after a few turns not in Saracen campaign though. Any ideas?

Its something I'm working on. Whats really confusing is the two campaigns only differ in one file. And I can't find whats causing the issue. The search continues however.

Quote Originally Posted by daud.fr
    Check that you have BI v1.6, and make sure you install into the Rome-Total War folder, not BI....

No I mean I can't even begin the instalation.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

I'm really annoyed now, i have downloaded this three times and everytime i want to run the dowloaded application I can't because of invalid data.

I can no longer download it anymore due to my being NZ and only having 1Gig to use.

Can you please give me some tips.

Sig by Durango

-Oscar Wilde

I'm really annoyed now, i have downloaded this three times and everytime i want to run the dowloaded application I can't because of invalid data.

I can no longer download it anymore due to my being NZ and only having 1Gig to use.

Can you post a screenshot of the error?

http://wtfm.exblog.jp/i23

i have play u r mod.....very good mod...

sorry my english bad...lol

Your getting corrupted downloads. Try downloading it from a different source. The TotalRealism.net download has been reliable I suggest that one.

The issue I have is more gameplay wise than anything else. As Saladin and his army I took this small little village on the outskirts of Crusader lands with a population of 40. I destroyed the church and started putting up the mosque.
    Before the mosque could be built however the 40 population revolted numerous times against my men and even killed Saladin and then eventually rebelled.

I have a weird issue, the game runs fine ( and I got my back kicked by Saladin within a couple of turns ), but when I exit the game the error message report pops up (you know, blablabla. exe caused a problem, do you wish to send a report to Microsoft, which won´t get you any help but might make you feel better).
    Well, as I said, the game runs fine, and whatever happens when I want to exit it I don´t really care about (all right, if it were to blow up my system I would), I just wanted to report this happens to me. No idea why, though.

i think the stronghold/ fortress cities should start with a higher population, you tend not to be able to recruit/retrain units there as i think it is intended you will do as the pop is too small. I recomend giving them a pop of 1500 or so and giving them a church or something to begin with to balance out the fact the population will be less happy

Quote Originally Posted by KARTLOS
    i think the stronghold/ fortress cities should start with a higher population, you tend not to be able to recruit/retrain units there as i think it is intended you will do as the pop is too small. I recomend giving them a pop of 1500 or so and giving them a church or something to begin with to balance out the fact the population will be less happy

I wanted to do that I just forgot. SO much on my plate at one time. This will definitely be in the upcoming patch.

That's wierd because I dwnld it from the RTR site before and i couldt install but now I can.

THANK YOU SIR!

Sig by Durango

-Oscar Wilde

Earl Of Warwick/Wannabe Tuareg Member beauchamp's Avatar
    Minneapolis, Minnesota/Kaltenbach, Tiroll

The only bug I can find is that when defending a citadel (Take my case, Aleppo) the soldiers are all lined up from the opposite direction from the assult. This happens whenever I have been besieged.

Ya Misr!

Quote Originally Posted by caius britannicus
    Its something I'm working on. Whats really confusing is the two campaigns only differ in one file. And I can't find whats causing the issue. The search continues however.
    So the Crusader campaign is unplayable at the moment? Darn

Keep crashing at 1188 as crusaders.
    Last edited by nameless; 11-13-2006 at 07:56.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless
    So the Crusader campaign is unplayable at the moment? Darn

Keep crashing at 1188 as crusaders.
    Mine works fine, no crashes at all. Only bugs i've come across are with the unit cards. Sometimes the pictures change, for example Guy got barbarossas pic after a few turns. Also, sometimes the spy's card changes to a unit in the city they are spying on.

And the names. As the game progressed I had like 12 Guy's lol

i know ...i have all of this bugs ahhhhhhhh help

doees anyone know how can i change or edit how long it takes to train a crusade unit.........or some cheat to make em pop quiker im getting my heiny being handed to me by those pesky saracens they have bled my dry i still have all my cities but it will be a matter of time before they bring down the hammer on my precious christians cities!!!!

The Dreaded Rear Admiral Member Somerled's Avatar

Great mod...thanks for all of your hard work.

My machine is not too old, and I have 1 gig of ram, but my campaign screen really lags. Is this common? I can tweak the battles to run just fine, but the campaign is very slow even with shadows off.

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty
    Mine works fine, no crashes at all. Only bugs i've come across are with the unit cards. Sometimes the pictures change, for example Guy got barbarossas pic after a few turns. Also, sometimes the spy's card changes to a unit in the city they are spying on.

And the names. As the game progressed I had like 12 Guy's lol
    Frick, I've already did a clean install when I first installed this game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast