Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone actually get a "Limited Edition"?

Default Re: Did anyone actually get a "Limited Edition"?

Wait let me get this straight, the LIMITED edition is NOT available in the United States?! I don't know about a "COLLECTOR'S" edition, I only heard what the gamestop guy said, which is "limited edition." Someone tell me what is happening.

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Other way around. Limited edition available, collector's edition not available.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

in the limited edition s of the game they add a loverly few rolls of toliet rolls in the box for 20 ;pounds extra for us mugs to whipe are asses on :)

Praetorian on Crusade Member Oshidashi's Avatar

Normal Edition in The Netherlands = € 50,--
    Collectors' Edition = € 60,--

I pre-ordered the NE at my local Gameshop. When I was there an employee showed me the CE and told me all his CE's were in reservation. I managed to convince him those people would be happy with the NE anyway and so he sold me the CE

I guess one TW fan is pretty pissed of now!

Yeah, I got the limited edition yesterday. It had two history channel cd's, and a soundtrack in addition to the game cd's. I listened to the soundtrack cd in the car on the way to work this morning. The sondtrack is pretty darned good.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Censor
    You only get the DVD's when you purchase from Gamestop/EBgames. Don't mislead anyone here!

That is not true. I got a copy at Best Buy at 7:00pm MST on 11/14/2006 and they gave me the Limited Edition. Don't mislead anyone here!

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big King Sanctaphrax
    Other way around. Limited edition available, collector's edition not available.
    Listen to the mod guy.

You can blame consoles apparently, and their big boxes. The US stores wanted to have more shelf space for the upcoming releases, and the CE box for M2TW is big apparently.
    Last edited by econ21; 11-15-2006 at 23:10.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Huh. Yesterday, I walked into a Best Buy here in Minneapolis and picked up the limited edition with the DVD's about the crusades, map and tech tree. I also thought it would only be available at Gamestop or EBgames (which, oddly, don't carry PC games in my neck o' the woods). The DVD's were definitely a bonus; I had wanted to see that doc when it aired.

to got it.but didnt even notice until i got home

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GOH!
    Huh. Yesterday, I walked into a Best Buy here in Minneapolis and picked up the limited edition with the DVD's about the crusades, map and tech tree. I also thought it would only be available at Gamestop or EBgames (which, oddly, don't carry PC games in my neck o' the woods). The DVD's were definitely a bonus; I had wanted to see that doc when it aired.
    Same here, got the limited edition from Best Buy off the shelf after EB missed the delivery date. Best Buy also threw in a 10$ gift card.

Oh yah, I forgot that Best Buy gave me that $10 gift card after I purchased the Limited Edition.

I need to change my armor Member Sir Robin's Avatar

You only get the DVD's when you purchase from Gamestop/EBgames. Don't mislead anyone here!

Odd I am pretty sure that it said limited edition. Is everyone from Best Buy getting the foldouts too?
    Sir Robin the Not-quite-so-brave-as-Sir-Lancelot,
    who had nearly fought the Dragon of Agnor,
    who had nearly stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol,
    and who had personally wet himself at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I just got back from Gamestop, and noticed that all they had was the "Limited Edition."

Got the 2DVD game, the soundtrack, the history channel show (which I am incredibly eager to watch, but not so much as to play the game), and the map and tech tree.

I really can't complain, considering it didn't cost me any extra this way. And to think I almost bought it off Steam this morning. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by DudeDnB
    That is not true. I got a copy at Best Buy at 7:00pm MST on 11/14/2006 and they gave me the Limited Edition. Don't mislead anyone here!
    Please learn to read sir. By DVD's I meant the Crescent and Cross bonus that you get with Gamestop/EBgames. If I wanted to say that you only get the Limited Edition at Gamestop/EBgames, I would have said "Limited Edition", not a generic DVD's.

Thank you.

Better luck next time.

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

I bought it at Best Buy and got the DVDs. Not quite sure what the fuss is about here...

I mostly just want the soundtrack. Ive always wanted one for MTW1 and STW, but there dont seem to be any.
    Ive already got the Crusades DVD thing, I guess I can just sell one copy to Bookmans or something. Meh :P
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I got the Limited Edtioniton today from EB games.... Some Nice Stuff in it :-) :-)

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sheogorath
    I mostly just want the soundtrack. Ive always wanted one for MTW1 and STW, but there dont seem to be any.
    Ive already got the Crusades DVD thing, I guess I can just sell one copy to Bookmans or something. Meh :P
    Total War Era's has a CD featuring STW, MTW and RTW music
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

I got it too, coolest thing is the History Channel documentry DVD included with it! I saw it a while back on the History channel and it was awesome documentry on the Crusades. By itself if you ordered it from the History channel it would be like 20 or 30 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    Why are you guys wasting yer money? Buy the Collectors Edition instead.
    Err...

Actually, I didn't know that there was a difference between the "limited edition" and the "collector's edition" ^^
    What I got was the "Collector". Guess I'm off-topic so ^^
    If violence didn't solve your problem... well, you just haven't been violent enough.

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Jacopo Caldora
    Recieved Limited Edition this morning at 11:30(US)

Game on 2 DVD-Rom
    1 Map
    1 building/unit tech tree chart (looks like the islamic factions had nothing listed on it, just glanced at it.
    1 soundtrack to the game

And since i preorderd via gamestop, 2 DVD's from the history channel on the Crusades.
    This is also exactly what I got yesterday from EBgames. On a side note, it would have been nice for the Collector's Edition to have been available in the US.

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Got the limited edition, though it's no great shakes. The Unit and Building tree is full of incorrect data (as the ReadMe observes, but unhelpfully neglects to correct), and the map....the map doesn't show any cities! In what way is this supposed to be useful?:??

Greetings!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheogorath
    You can blame consoles apparently, and their big boxes. The US stores wanted to have more shelf space for the upcoming releases, and the CE box for M2TW is big apparently.
    Yep. Blame the stores.

The Collectors Edition is more or less the size of two 1 litre packages of milk. Or half the size of a shoe box.

There is no point in buying the vanilla edition if the Collectors Edition is just 10€ more.

And the map does show the cities. Look closely.
    The recruitment of peasants is illegal.
    Peasant-recruiters will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the applicable laws.

I got my limited edition, I actually quite like it. The History Channel DVD is awesome, Im watching it even as I write this message. The map and unit list thing are handy, even if the unit list is apparently somewhat innacurate, and doesnt list the Muslim/Orthodox faction units structures, except for the unique buildings.
    I liked the soundtrack to ;)

Please learn to read sir. By DVD's I meant the Crescent and Cross bonus that you get with Gamestop/EBgames. If I wanted to say that you only get the Limited Edition at Gamestop/EBgames, I would have said "Limited Edition", not a generic DVD's.

Thank you.

Better luck next time.
    I think you're the one needing the better luck. The Limited Edition I got from Best Buy has everything, includeing the Crescent and the Cross Bonus. That bonus is NOT limited to Gamestop/EBgames.

I purchased Medieval 2 "Collectors Edition" in Brisbane, Australia for 100AUD; no History Channel DVD :(
    Now i need to buy a betta graphics card!!!!!!
    Love the medieval period.
    oh yeah; i got a little lead figurine of a teuton-like swordsman in the box :)
    q9550@3.9GHz|4gigddr2|GTX480|CPU Control 2.1 $cores enabled for Napoleon Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Robin
    Odd I am pretty sure that it said limited edition. Is everyone from Best Buy getting the foldouts too?
    Yes. Unfortunately EB games and Gamestop have a stick up their ass here in Phoenix and don't sell PC games, so I had to goto Best Buy and deal with the Play Station 3 lines. On top of it there was a mix up and I never got my $10 gift card, bastards!

As for the Limited edition, it was all they had, didn't even see the sticker on it until I got home, purchased for about $49.99 so that translates into about £26 I think. You english boys are getting ripped off big time. The DVD's are from the history channel, which I love anyway, and just so happen to be about the famous Crusade's series which aired about 3 or 4 months ago but I never got to watch. So it was great, very happy with my game and all the nice features I got with it

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Werner
    As for the Limited edition, it was all they had, didn't even see the sticker on it until I got home, purchased for about $49.99 so that translates into about £26 I think. You english boys are getting ripped off big time.
    Welcome to the UK. I always thought we pay in pounds what you pay in dollars. This seems to be a case in point.

Dispensing plasmids one bacteria at a time...

I bought mine at a Best Buy (in Wisconsin, USA) and got the map and tech tree, as well as the soundtrack, but no History Channel DVDs. Arg. I would have liked those. I did get the $10 gift card, so it was okay. I almost went right back in, returned the game, and then bought it using the gift card. But then I decided I wanted to get home and play it, and that would waste time...
    "Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"

--Fry, Futurama, the show that does not advocate the cool crime of robbery

Quote Originally Posted by NightStar
    Only in the U.S they don´t get the collectors edition over there
    ummm.... we didnt?

i have the "Limited Edition"... and it's even more limited than usuall because i also got a free DVD.

in it it contained: 2 DVDs
    1 Map
    1 tech tree sheet/ unit list
    1 DVD from History channel about the crusades.

so, again, i ask... America didn't get the collector's edition? really now... thats interesting indeed...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast