Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official list of factions and Q&A about them

Default Re : Official list of factions and Q&A about them

And for the map can you put a part of india and island as the rome total realism version?

In the name of the chalice Member mayhem87's Avatar

Default Re: Official list of factions and Q&A about them

And can you put a China and Japan too? ;-)))))

afganistan and the north of india too!

MTR: AOA project ###### (temp) Member kataphraktoi's Avatar

The name of this mod is total realism right? So it should include Antartica, you should not call your mod total realism if it does not have Antartica and those cute Penguins, yes, it is not historically accurate if you don't have Heavy infantry Penguin Halberdiers.

Retired from games altogether!!

Feudalism TOtal War, non-active member and supporter. Long Live Orthodox Christianity!

In the name of the chalice Member mayhem87's Avatar

looool and I want there shimbali tribe soldiers....they were from desert and they were very fierce wariors. theyr village was able to field 1 fully equiped ( straw shields and sticks ) unit containing 12 men per year....
    they totaly deserve to be added .... better than some worthless Holy Roman Empire or France ;-D

Has nobody mentioned Serbia??? I think that's ridiculous.

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tnick777
    While you are totally OK with norway?

You should da a bit of , and maybe you wouldn't look like a totatl

no challange in africa...well!
    And ethiopia,oman instead of volga bulgaria?

Professional Cynic Member Innocentius's Avatar

With the risk of sounding stupid (as I don't own and never have played M2TW):
    I recall the capital of Finland being Helsinki in vanilla M2TW? Will this be changed (along with many other unhistorical castles/cities)?
    It's not easy being a man, you know. I had to get dressed today... And there are other pressures.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

I'd guess it's save to say that they will be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by tnick777
    Try to find out something about Serbia in mid 14th centery and then ask yourseld if it's ridicolous to put it in.
    Fact is this mod needs orthodox factions and that more factions need to be in Balkans to oppose Byzantine empire.
    There is every reason for Serbia to be in the mod and i storngly support it.

What settlement will represent all of Norway? And: Any chance of Norway being divided into three regions? Bjørgvin (Bergen), Oslo and Nidaros (Trondheim)? Bjørgvin was essential for trade back then and Nidaros/Trondheim was extremely important also especially in a religious sense. Lots of Christians went there on pilgrimage and it had it's own Cathedral (Nidarosdomen).

Hope the region-limit doesn't prevent this and that you at least consider it as both Bjørgvin and Nidaros were just as essential as Oslo and Norway wouldn't really be Norway without them

Good luck on your project and I'll be playing it and probably enjoying it vastly no matter what your decision on Norway may be :)

Yes, I agree with Ulven in that the Scandinavian provinces and Finland has perhaps not been properly divided. Really, the map should be somewhat extended northwards so that there could be two provinces in Finland (Turku and Hämeenlinna for example). Also, Sweden should really be divided into Ostrogothia (preferably with Kalmar as capital) and Westerogothia with either Skara or Lödöse as capital.
    It's not easy being a man, you know. I had to get dressed today... And there are other pressures.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

Hello

Question about Volga Bulgarian nation.

You state that they were muslim nation. I am a Bulgarian, ergo descendant from Volga bulgarians.
    Well I have no history skills but I do remember from my history lessions from high school that my anscestors had some sort of paganic religion.

Can you please give me the link or the name of the book that states that the volga bulgarians were muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by hashat
    Hello

Question about Volga Bulgarian nation.

You state that they were muslim nation. I am a Bulgarian, ergo descendant from Volga bulgarians.
    Well I have no history skills but I do remember from my history lessions from high school that my anscestors had some sort of paganic religion.

Can you please give me the link or the name of the book that states that the volga bulgarians were muslims?
    http://www.zum.de/whkmla/region/russia/volgabulg.html
    http://www.bookrags.com/Ahmad_ibn_Fadlan
    http://columbia.thefreedictionary.com/Bulgars,+Eastern

i want to have the caucaus allaince in the game! it wont be added becasue this mod is so westcentric!

i also want caokin sword warriors(their really cool trust me, there was 12 of them!)

i also want the causcuases to be divided into 40-50 provinces because in the year 1243 the causcuases had a third of the population of western europe so they should have just as many provinces as europe does!

also the dynasty of ku-ku-kachoo must be in! most western historians dont talk about them but they had a huge impact! they dominated the caucauses during the winter of 1230! they also stopped the mongol invasion! europe would have been ransacked if it werent for the caucuases and the ku-ku-kachoo! thank the lord. the ku-ku-kachoo also had colonies which made them a major empire! they controlled the horkey islands in the black sea just the the norwegians controlled the orkneys so if norways in the caucause allaince must be. i no that the hre wasnt inportant enough to be in the mod because theres so many catholic factions and they didnt do anything in the middle ages! the mod shouldnt be called medieval:total realism it should be called medieval:total bad unrealism! my knwoledge outdoes that of any modder!

the caucause allaince was ju-ju-bee shamanist so can it be added as a religion? will the map be much bigger in the caucauses because in vanilla it was much to small! i want tit to be the size of russia!
    geese,geese, i just want a little from this mod, can the caucaus allaince be taken into considereation?

well, does is this crap(no,its really crap) familiar? i have copied just about all this from people who have been commenting in the threads for mtr except i changed faction names. according to some people the volga-bulgars stopped the mongol invasion, russia had a third the population of europe so it should have at least 40-50 more provinces then it has in mtr,norway had a major empire comparable to the hre because it controlled a few island chains in britain, france was not important enough to be in a realism mod, and i have seen more then three dozen people say the mod should change its name. i just though it would be funny to see the stupidy that people dare to write.

Mediaeval Auctoriso Member Member Renown's Avatar

I bet you'd also argue against oh, hell.. Rostov-Suzdal, or.. even the Sultanate of Rum, or even the Fatamids or... what about a Taifa state in spain... or a non-Moorish north african faction... or anything that doesnt suit what YOU want.

Let me tell you Afrisco... the moment you can create, or produce any piece of work, feel free to start your own mod.

Until then I say you bend over and kiss the ground where the modders walk, otherwise you are stuck with vanilla MTW2.

Note* do not confuse me to be an MTR member. I belong to another mod, but I feel bad for the constant ... nonsense you are giving them.

Instead, say thank you, be nice, and you will get what they give you.

Quote Originally Posted by kataphraktoi
    The name of this mod is total realism right? So it should include Antartica, you should not call your mod total realism if it does not have Antartica and those cute Penguins, yes, it is not historically accurate if you don't have Heavy infantry Penguin Halberdiers.
    The pengiuns didn't field halberdiers....

or did they?

Anyways I just wanted to say to keep up the good work and ignore all people whining over which factions are worthy and which aren't.

bump for arfrisco :)

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Anarzius's Avatar

Last edited by Anarzius; 10-17-2013 at 20:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarzius
    Oslo, was called Kristiania, at least not Oslo.
    It was called Oslo - it was renamed Christiania in 1624, Kristiania in 1878, and back to Oslo in 1925.

Last edited by Anarzius; 10-17-2013 at 20:53.

very nice list, too bad u missed one important factor in the balkans. since serbia and valachia were important oposing states to the rise of the otoman empire you should at least put one of them. too many muslim factions, ortodox religion although it was not liked by the pope it was accepted in the holy league. nations like valachia, moldavia, serbia (early middle age) where important to keep the otoman empire at bay. if the siege of belgrad would have ended with otoman victory that means vienna would have been conquered, changing history as we know it... serbians and transilvanians (with support from moldavia and valachia) under the rule of Iancu Corvine de Hunedoara fought back the turks at belgrad, Iancu died after the battle because of the plague in the city. missing these important factors means otoman empire can expand easily in the balkans and towards central europe. at least make them as trigger events, valachia in 1330 defeats hungary, becomes independent and later faces baiazid at rovine, stoping the otoman expansion at the line of danube...

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar
    very nice list, too bad u missed one important factor in the balkans. since serbia and valachia were important oposing states to the rise of the otoman empire you should at least put one of them. too many muslim factions, ortodox religion although it was not liked by the pope it was accepted in the holy league. nations like valachia, moldavia, serbia (early middle age) where important to keep the otoman empire at bay. if the siege of belgrad would have ended with otoman victory that means vienna would have been conquered, changing history as we know it... serbians and transilvanians (with support from moldavia and valachia) under the rule of Iancu Corvine de Hunedoara fought back the turks at belgrad, Iancu died after the battle because of the plague in the city. missing these important factors means otoman empire can expand easily in the balkans and towards central europe. at least make them as trigger events, valachia in 1330 defeats hungary, becomes independent and later faces baiazid at rovine, stoping the otoman expansion at the line of danube...
    Well, the Ottoman Turks did not appear untill the 13th century and they're not in the mod so no worries there. And Serbia is in the mod.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

Last edited by Anarzius; 10-17-2013 at 20:53.

Megas Domestikos Member AnthoniusII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarzius
    But please, if the mod starts in 1066 (it does?), the Roman Empire is more than strong enought to hold off the Seljuqs, at least if the player is decent...

Kul att det finns fler svenskar här
    I agree with you...Byzantine empire didn't loose it's provinces not by external dangers but incide colaption thanks of civil wars.Even the worst emperors had the half of earths gold in their volts and the only real tactical army in europe.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII
    I agree with you...Byzantine empire didn't loose it's provinces not by external dangers but incide colaption thanks of civil wars.Even the worst emperors had the half of earths gold in their volts and the only real tactical army in europe.
    A bit biased perhaps?

- Dylan Moran

The Play

Quote Originally Posted by Innocentius
    A bit biased perhaps?
    This is not my personal opinion!!!!It was Ostrogorsky's opinion,if you know what I mean!!!Civil wars and local rebelions thanks to heavily taxation where the factors of the East Roman Empire's colaption!!!I personaly have no reasons to disagree with the greatest historian of the 20th centhury...

I wasn't talking about that, what I was talking about was that you claimed the Byzantine army to be the only in Europe that used tactics, which is absolute nonsense.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

Quote Originally Posted by Innocentius
    I wasn't talking about that, what I was talking about was that you claimed the Byzantine army to be the only in Europe that used tactics, which is absolute nonsense.
    When western medeival lords came against byzantine army in early medeival times called the byzantines sniky and cowerd becaouse they used tactics,manouvres and ambouses.Acording to their custom of war chivalry ment close combat one to one and furius cavalry charges.Roman heritege was lost in western europe.Thats why suffered many losses at the first crusade by the turks...Byzantine units continued to have spesific units and uniforms(not armors).According to the byzantine military code a general laeding a province had to give to the local reqruit soldiers helmets,spears,cotton or woolen uniforms(same colored)and bows...Armors where bought by the soldiers."Tactics"by LEON IV THE WISE 9th centhury.
    Information by THE BYZANTINE HISTORY of OSTROGORSKY.P.S.Units like "bandums"(battalions),"meroi"(divisions)simply didn't exist in europe since the ottomans..About tactics:the east roman empire still had military scools for lower and midlle rank officers.Scholai imperial battalion was a scool like this even this was also an ellite unit.There where an amount of writen "orders" for every case.Tactics as we know them today used in the 100years war between England and France.Foolish charges are not tactics.The most famous examble is the Hattin battle.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast