Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Org bug list - ONLY post bugs here

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Default The Org bug list - ONLY post bugs here

I guess we need a bug list. Please post only bugs here (although you can correct posts that are mistaken in their reports). Remember a bug is something that is not working as intended - this is not the thread to talk about historical inaccuracies or questionable game design decisions.

To make it a useful reference, they could be bugs that you have heard of elsewhere - for example, the passive AI bug that CA have already promised to patch. But obviously, don't needlessly duplicate bugs already reported in this thread.

I doubt I am going to do CAs work for them by systematically collating the bugs, so you will have to read the whole thread if you want to know them all. However, I am going to be ruthless with this thread and delete anything that does not report a bug or add to our understanding of one. If I get the stamina, I will edit posts so that all discussion of a particular bug is in the same post. Apologies in advance - no offence is meant to anyone.

EDIT: The crusade-blocking annoyance might qualify:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...39&postcount=1

As might some unit cohesion problems:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=72068
    Last edited by econ21; 11-14-2006 at 01:25.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: The Org bug list - ONLY post bugs here

OK, so there are two I know of:

The passive AI bug
    The massive lag in sieges when the AI only has one set of ladders to attack with.

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

• passive AI besieging cities...
    • the Byz archers had this bug in skkinning of the arm ... ....

• some archers take like a lot of time to aim
    • The Italian translator forgot his mychrophone on while was reading the besieging speech ....
    • designers forgot to add a reiter type unit to Itailan Faction mounted musketeers with heavy plate armour (ok this may not be a bug but is a serious forgot thing to me ^^...)

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Anyh00 - I found a couple of oddities.

1) Dumb French King. the French King decided it would be a good idea to attack Caen...... on his own I had nearly a full stack in there of upgraded longbows and billmen. Needless to say I attacked him in the field on his way to Caen. When it came to the battle, he stodd in the middle of some woods .... and stayed there. So I unloaded all 6 units of longbows on him. He just stood there until he was down to 3 men and ran off!?!? What's all that about? He made absolutely no attempt to get out of range of my longbows, or to even charge them - he just stood there and let his men die. Now I know the French orean't very clever but surely this takes the biscuit.

2) Attacking with multiple units. When I was attacking a French city - I'd broken through the walls and was closing in on the square. I had 6 units of billmen all lined up and the Froggies had one unit of general's bodyguard. there were other uints fighting but not involved in this little melee. I got all six units of billmen to attack the general's bodyguard cavalry to overwhelm them and chop skewer them. But not so... there seemed to be an element of "fair game" tactics being employed by my men. They simply wouldn't engage en-mass. The front of each unit just spread out towards the general and a few men at a time from each unit engaged. There must have been a less than 2 - 1 ration of my men to his, probably close to 1 - 1 actually engaged! the rest just stood there and watched as their mates got hacked to pieces by the general. Needless to say this carried on until I charged with my own general - which helped a bit, but no a lot so I withdrew my own general and let loose with the longbows. I lost many of my own men to stray arrows but it was a desperate attempt to get the upper hand. Surely you'd think that 6 billmen to one general should be a walk in the park for the billmen? I've noticed this quite a lot - especially fighting in cities, that units simply don't engage - they just watch as a few brave soles take on the entire enemy unit.

Last edited by econ21; 11-12-2006 at 13:55.
    Isn't it funny how people trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell?

Another siege bug:
    https://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8169/bugwh0.jpg

After my ballistae ran out of ammo I was automatically defeated, though I had already destroyed the gates.

Moderator edit: Some further discussion of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Isles
    I couldn't be that you were attacking a castle with an inner keep? I was doing that, used catapults to break the outer wall and then brought them up to break down the inner keep wall. When they ran out of ammo with the wall only 80% damaged, the battle ended (reasonably enough, since I had no other way of getting into the keep).

The was an inner keep, but it was one of those towns were the walls of the different layers are connected to eachother (not sure if this is always the case), so I would've been able to get into the inner keep with my infantry anyway, even though I had no siege weapons left.
    Last edited by econ21; 11-13-2006 at 10:13.

Definately a problem with siege weapons particularly the largest bombards. The game reboots its when you fire at the wall.

No, it isn't my computer overheating. Mine is watercooled.

Just an Oldfart Member Basileus's Avatar

1.You start a crusade and your crusading army loses its extra movement points so all your units start to desert every turn and you cant do anything, happend twice so far, once with the English and once with the French.

I had to hire mercs just to keep the army going with men and even the mercs deserted, the whole way to Jerusalem propably cost me 15k.

Moderator edit: from a later pos now deletedt:

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus
    About the crusade losing its extra movement points i posted earlier in this thread. I´ve found out i was wrong, basicly if you have agents following your crusade you lose the extra movement points you gain as a crusade, i still think this should be fixed though.
    2. Youre getting sieged by one army and one more is close and joins the battle, all good but the problem is that if you beat the army that sieged you the other army usualy stands on the other side until the timer runs out..so you basicly have to wait it out each time and its very annoying.

Reinforcements need to be fixed, currently its buggy as hell.
    Last edited by econ21; 11-16-2006 at 10:55.

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Im having some crash issues with 'An unspecified error'. It appears to have something to do with the autosave function, which I dont seem to be able to turn off. When I press the 'end turn' button the game goes through everybody elses turns, then when it does the autosave afte the rebels, the game crashes.
    Its only doing this on my Spanish campaign though.

Oh, and my save file for the Scots is corrupted, gives me the same error, only right after it loads.

No other major troubles except a single, random CTD for some reason, and a few issues with gun units firing in wierd patterns and not knowing how to walk correctly :P

One thing I forgot. Im experiencing the wierdest bug.
    It seems that all of the rebel towns start out with no buildings in them and no units. I havent checked the population, but I suspect its quite low.
    However, the AI treats those towns as though they had people in them and would be difficult to take.
    This makes things somewhat...easy, you know?
    However, it also makes overextending quite easy, when you have to build each town up from scratch.
    Last edited by econ21; 11-16-2006 at 11:17.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

couldn't see a thread that seemed to talk about this here, was wondering if anyone here had experienced this? a number of people at TWC are complaining about this one

Its not the AI, at least i don't think so, the AI, both battle and camp seems to be making some pretty good moves.
    BUT
    units, when ordered to attack, will pause, then half will charge the unit, the rest won't move. when the chargers get to the enemy, they stop, losing all charge benefits, then get hacked to pieces coz the rest of the unit is elsewhere. infantry, cavalry, meh, always seems to happens. when you order units to attack, at best i seem to be able to get 1/4 of the unit properly engaged, the rest will just mill around.

no unit cohesion. as above, but units just seem to split up randomly, and the men do their own thing. my mailed knights, chasing routers, ended up halfway across the map (and note, the unit they were chasing wasn't spread out...)

men do their own thing. so, i'm besieged, i sally forth, my archers step up. i give the archers an order to close and fire. there's 85 men in the unit. the bulk form line, draw bows, as expected. 15 walk in the opposite direction. 2 charge the enemy they're supposed to be shooting with drawn daggers. WTF???

as for cavalry. i've seen people complain that cav seem weak. my experience is this isn't the case. the problem is the cavalry don't charge correctly. they stop just before they get to the unit, then walk up in melee mode, with swords not lances, so they ain't getting charge bonus. the only time i've managed to get my cavalry to properly charge, they had to start from so far away, it was ridiculous

bonus' not working properly
    i'm not stupid, i know cavalry charging spears is suicide. so, my generals guard flanked a unit of spearmen that was already engaged, and charged from behind. net result. over half my cav die. apparently, spear milia have massive spikes sticking out the back of their armour to impale rear charging horses on.

my personal favourite...
    seems if you give an order, i.e to attack a unit, and that order gets executed, your men will just sit around and wait for the next order.
    i was attacking a city, my knights had flanked the enemy, charged the rear of some highlanders, done their thing (eventually) the clock was ticking down, it looked like i'd won. but the battle hadn't ended. i looked round to find where the last enemy unit was. it was 3 spear militia. they were standing in front of my knights. who were doing nothing, but dying, one by one. you'd have thought, at least, that if a unit was attacked, it might respond.

as i say, i don't think this is a bug. there seems to be some overall problem with the way men in a unit work together (or don't).

to quote someone else on the issue
    Black Prince's experience matches my own. I've been playing the Total War series since Shogun. Although there's always been some issues with unit cohesion/pathfinding/group-dynamics, in the past it's mostly been limited to situations with obstacles (navigating around gates and buildings in RTW assaults, rock formations and cliffs in Shogun, etc) or chasing down scattered routers (especially in RTW), M2TW just takes things to a whole new level. You can't even depend on a unit to engage in full force on a flat, open field.

The frequent inability of cavalry to charge effectively especially stings for me, as cavalry was the backbone of my favorite battle strategies. I've always liked to use a bunch of highly durable infantry (such as Shogun's Naginata infantry, or RTW's heavy Roman legions) to engage the enemy line while my cavalry circles behind them for a crushing charge to the rear. Nothing in RTW satisfied me more than seeing a phalanx unit shattered on impact as my Praetorian Cavalry smashed through their rear. I'm content with attempts to tone cavalry down for balance, as I admit they were sometimes rather over-powered, but their current implementation is terrible. They're basically just fast melee units that are weak against spears. Sometimes the game builds up incredible anticipation as I see my cavalry moving into position and lowering their lances... but then they halt the charge and march into melee with their swords. Why must they mock me so, oh Lord?

I also saw comments from a developer diary (on GameSpot) about new mechanics being in place to prevent the so-called cavalry blobbing exploit, and thought it was a noble endeavor, but if this is the result then it was a failed endeavor.
    so i know its not just me. seems like a fairly serious bug with the battlemaps that for me is killing my game...

Moderator edit:

Maestro supports this: I want to second everything "The Black Prince" said. I keep experiencing appauling unit cohesion! The number of times I've set a unit to charge, only for them to get within 10 yards, stop, send in the front ranks on their own, who then stop and negate all their charge bonus and then get slaughtered whilst the other 80 men in the unit play patty-cake in the background and send in anoth 8-10 men at a time. This has to be fixed. It's most frustrating and I'm losing hundreds of men because of their inabililty to work as a unit.

This "bug" seems to be most obvious and most destructive when you have a numerical advantage against a foe. You can set 3 units of heavy infatry against one lot of light cavalry (or whatever) and each unit will send a few men at a time to engage and play patty-cake inthe background. This totally loses the numerical advantage and takes a great number of tactics out of the game.

All in all, I often find that each unit of men is spread over a wide area, completely disperate from each other with no cohesion and no ability to engage the enemy cause for some reason a few men have gone walk-about and the rest want to wait for them so they doin't miss out on the fun.

Basically, unless you stay perfectly still, you lose all cohesion and cannot fight effectively!
    Last edited by econ21; 11-13-2006 at 19:16.

Head Moderator of TotalRome
    Refugee of the Total War Centre

Mojito maker Member Jimmytwohand's Avatar

Hope this is the sort of thing you are looking for, couldnt see it mentioned anywhere else...

In, as far as i can see random, battles, my men carry torches as if they were fighting at night. I tried reproducing it by reloading my save game from before the battle and they dont have seem to have them. Then they will pop up again during the day fights for seemingly no reason. Im sure this must be having an effect on my performance. At first i thought it was just the archers that had them and i convinced myself it was a little touch of realism in case they needed to use flaming ammo. On closer inspection the knights and other units had them too.

Moderator edit: from a later post, now deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    Torches also appear at the sunset and sunrise day types as those are still classified as night.
    Last edited by econ21; 11-16-2006 at 11:14.

1) I also had the 'M2TW has to close, because of an unspecified error'. Ive had it twice now, once during a battle against 6 france armies (1 vs 6, 1000 vs 2000+) and once during the other factions turns, after france's turn in which I fought a big battle with france (1 vs 3, 1000 vs 2000+). Technically it was the same battle.

I am rather sad that I now have to fight that 30 minute battle for Paris again.

2) I'd like to be able to quit with alt+f4, I use that in every game, in this one it doesnt work.
    EB member

Harbinger of the Doomed Rat Member Biggus Diccus's Avatar

I my game I had a strange episode with a English princess, playing as the Scots. During AI phase I watched her walk in and out of a fleet several times, and the fleet just stood there idly. This repeated itself several turns (around 6-7 turns) until a pirate fleet attacked the English fleet and made it retreat. But the next turn the same fleet showed up again and the princess repeated the previous process at the exact same spot.

Looks like the AI got stuck in some loop or something, and quite annoying to watch. Luckily a pirate fleet came around again and sunk the English fleet, killing the crazy princess.

Moderator edit: from a later post now deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Quillan
    I've seen the exact same issue with an Egyptian diplomat. An Egyptian fleet in the Black Sea would drop off a diplomat on the short between Constantinople and the Hellespont. The dip would move west, around the city and up the coast. Two turns later, with the fleet having moved off the previous turn, the fleet would arrive again, and drop the diplomat off in the same place. Rinse, repeat, at least 10 times. It looks like both of them just moved up the coast a ways, where the dip got back on the boats and went back where it started.
    Last edited by econ21; 11-16-2006 at 10:56.
    General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmaney Melchett: That's the spirit, George. If nothing else works, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

No new pricesses... I hate that bug.. it is inpossible to get new princesses on your campain map

Moderator edit incorportating later posts, now deleted:

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted

It isn't, i have 2 or 3 in my current campaign. You know those marriage things that come up from time to time? Ignore them if one of your princesses is coming of age that turn. Then you get her in the city her father is in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanfire
    I think this should be made clearer.

During said marrage proposal, they should say?

If you deny a marrage this turn, she will come under service as an agent for you. Etc, something to make it clearer so I know when I can get my princesses!
    Last edited by econ21; 11-16-2006 at 11:10.

Caged for your safety Member RabidGibbon's Avatar

Heres a wierd one, I've seen it two or three times now (I'm a 100 turns or more into the campaign, so its not frequent) and thought to take some pictures on the last time I saw it.

I'm sallying out from a castle under siege, and several AI units, before I even give my men any orders immediately make a run for the corner of my city walls.

They remained their unmoving whilst I fought the two units that hadn't gone to admire the masonary.

After I'd routed the half of their force (which behaved normally) one of the three units made a dash for my gate, I blocked its progress but they continued, attempting to simply march straight through my unit.

However I have seen AI units doing this head on so maybe its an unrelated bug - a "corner" bug and a "march to the gate" bug. The other two units back at the corner continued their behaviour however, even as I shot them in the back with crossbow men.

1) Archers dont seem to do any damage in heavy rain, I noticed this when I had peasant archers unless ALL of thier arrows upon a unit of spearmilita, not a single death.

Moderator edit from later posts now deleted:

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal
    This isn't a bug. Archers are historically bad in heavy rain, the bowstring gets wet, and looses tension as it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Yes, I know that, but this is too far, not a single death but the animations for death adn getting hit by an arrow was playing all the time, the whole unit of men was almost all red with blood. I had used up all my arrow's of TWO units of peasant archers. I am sure this is a bug.
    2)When you hold down the spacebar to see where your units are going to be positioned the pink markers flash some what terribily. And they dont even show if you ordered your unit when the game was paused until you un pause it.

I will post more when I see them.
    Last edited by econ21; 11-16-2006 at 11:06.

:: HUGE PROBLEM ::

This has been addressed, but it's once of the most severe problems in the game as a catholic faction. When the pope orders you to do a ceasefire upon a faction that has attacked YOU, then when you can't get a ceasefire, all you can do is let the attacking faction kill you. Again this has been addressed 100 times but it's very important. I'm playing Milan right now and Venice attacked me..Pope said if I attack Venice I get EC'd. They wont take a ceasefire and keep attacking me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun

2)When you hold down the spacebar to see where your units are going to be positioned the pink markers flash some what terribily. And they dont even show if you ordered your unit when the game was paused until you un pause it.
    Seconding this, it's really annoying having the arrows flash extremely fast for a few seconds before being simply drawn solidly. And then if you move the camera they disappear. I also find the purple arrows can be very hard to see on certain kinds of terrain.

I also have a bug where only the first assassination video in any play 'session' works. I have repeated this three times - after watching one assassination video, trying to watch a second causes the video to freeze and the sound to loop, with no way to quit, cancel or kill the game. I have to press the reset button on my computer.

Battering Ram bug on battle map tutorial, siege of london.

My battering ram unit is all formed up around the battering ram, but in true matrix style - There Is No Ram. Not a sign of it. I get the % figure telling me that there's no damage to it, I can walk the unit forward to the gate, and I can even smash down the gate with the invisible ram. Reloaded several times and always the same.

nVidia 6600GT
    ForceWare 91.31 drivers (was getting it with 84.21 too)
    DirectX9.0c, with updates off the M2TW disk.

Game doesn't crash or anything, and as far as I can tell everything else is where it should be. Tried setting graphics details up and down, but to no avail.

Cheers,

Rob.

Moderator edit: incorporating later post

Quote Originally Posted by bs7rphb
    I've got this too. Apparently it's to do with having reflections turned on - turn them off and siege equipment appears normally.

Incidentally, if you zoom out far enough the siege equipment appears normally too. Seems it only affects the more detailed models or textures.
    Last edited by econ21; 11-16-2006 at 11:12.
    Olaf the Flashy - the Bling Bling Viking

Hi! I am a long time player (since Shogun) but have not really posted much - now I have to do my duty as I am a bit frustrated .

I encountered a very troublesome bug that I have not seen reported anywhere.

I got an announcement of a new general (adoption) in the normal order. However, I misclicked something and the window disappeared. As I am not so into the new announcement system and its workings I was worried, did I lose a chance to adopt the general?

Anyway, I had to break for dinner and forgot about the general. I pressed end of turn. Now I was happy, as the adoption thingy popped up again. I suppose it will not let it drop unless you accept or decline normally.

I of course accepted. Then the turn ends as normal, and next turn I find problems... I find the new general. I move him to another castle - he was in london, I moved him to nottingham. Then the strangest thing happens: He disappears just before the castle. I check the castle, he is not there. He has vanished!

I am thinking that ok, this is a bug, and get on with the game. Hoping for a patch to fix it. But it does not end here.

Few turns later I am struck with the idea of checking the family tree for the vanished general. He is there, and very much alive. From there I can find a button to locate his position, and also it selects him. I still cannot see the figure in the map, but the green area showing his move radius is there. I again move him.

Now I find out a few nasty things:

- he has a figure on the strategy map, but no unit. I cannot look at his bodyguards via the general info card or other means.

- he cannot enter cities

- the game crashes to desktop when I try to join a unit to the "army" he controls (without any units in it)

So now I am afraid this will screw up my save file.
    Last edited by Rothe; 11-14-2006 at 13:54.
    Total war games played so far:
    STW, MTW, MTW:VI, RTW, MTW2, ETW, STW2

Hmz... A crusade had been called 40 turns ago ( i did not join) so 80 years later it is still going.. so no new Crusades can be called. I did toggle_Fow. and the crusade armies are gone no where on the map.. but it still says that the Crusade is in progress.. Is that a bug or do i have w8 another 100 years...

I've also noticed a couple of things about seiges -

1. I get the message that the spy in the settlement has opened the gates
    but when the battle begins the gates are locked and I still have to use my battering ram, which leads me onto ..

2. when the gate is being attacked by a ram or walls by catapults etc, they lose their textues and turn grey - although this is possibly a driver problem as I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

By the way I'm using a amd64 3500+, GeForce 7800GT, Windows Vista RC1 (which I thnik has DirectX 9.0l )

Forgot to mention, the bug with the closed gates works against the AI also, I get told that someone has left the gates open when I'm being attacked, but again when the battle starts the gates ae all closed.
    Last edited by econ21; 11-16-2006 at 11:15.

I've had a problem where quite often when I attack an army that's on the side of a cliff that once it gets to the battle map they'll be in a totally inacessible position. there'll be no way up to them at all so I just have to withdraw. Now I don't know if it's a bug but if it's a feature it's a rather poor one.

Here you can see half of the army on the lower slopes but at the top of the pic there's 4 units that are completely unreachable.
    Also pathfinding on that map was appalling with units getting stuck on invisible objects and heading in 5 different directions at once. A truly horrible experience trying to fight on it.

Other than that the only really bug has been the passive Ai in sieges.

I've had some really quirky AI doing some stupid things. Besieging a city with a 6 unit garison with a two unit stack while it had a full stack sitting idle. The sicilians threw full stacks against Venice almost one a turn but never attacked two stacks at once which would have given them victory. The AI doesn't want to drive home its advantage. It'll break blockades at random to blockade again the next turn. The Hungarians besieged, peace, besieged me in one turn. If i attack an army besieging my city or Navy blockading my port I get a massege saying relatians have deteriorated, like it's my fault. The AI can do some very stupid and inexplicable things in the context of diplomacy. Like demanding I become a Vassal then accepting a ceasefire and paying me tribute. Making me a vassal and attacking me next turn. Milan wouldn't accept a trade of Venice for Milan even though I was about to take Venice by force from them. It's just not very bright.

I've checked the Thread and cannot seem to find his one...

When Archers have been grouped and 'engage at will' they shoot at the nearest enemy. Fine. Yet when I de-click the 'engage at will' and double click another enemy within range my archers give me a stiff ignoring and carry on shooting at the nearest enemy (usually Peasants instead of the General's Bodyguard! ). However, they will happily follow my commands for shooting at alternative targets if selected individually. (Which methinks there may be a snag with group shooting orders?)

During the course of the game, my family tree seems to be getting bugged. From then on, it only shows my first faction leader+ his spouse

Im ready to add a brand new bug to the list

Myself and others have mentioned it

See these posts for information and explanations:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=72147

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=72175
    Current Campaigns:

Harbinger of the Doomed Rat Member Biggus Diccus's Avatar

When inspecting family-members via the family-tree I'm always unable to scroll v&v's screen with at least on family member. Not a big issue, but really annoying.

And not a bug, but worth mentioning; there is no indication in the character screen if a agent/family member is a plague bearer. The only way to keep track of this is via the plague message you get at the start of the turn. This is really annoying, and I just can't imagine why they would change this from RTW.

When moving grouped units they should keep their formation. I'm experiencing quite frequently that one or more units decide to change formation (from a nice wide rectangular to a square) when I move them as a group. When the group has arrived at it's destination the units that decided to change formation just stand there with a walk icon in their new formation. When I click SPACE to see unit destinations the proper destination/formation still show up. To have the unit form up again I have to manually select them and form them up the way I want them. Then I have to ungroup and regroup to maintain that formation. This is very annoying, especially with archers.
    Last edited by Biggus Diccus; 11-15-2006 at 01:38.
    General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmaney Melchett: That's the spirit, George. If nothing else works, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Uff dunno if it is a bug , but it bothers me that Cavalry is so much useless now , they barely follow orders , they charge and befoure impact they slow down and get cutted into pieces , they are slow and hard to move .... this game is looking more like viking invasion like with no armies of horses ....

plus in general in city its really difficult to make units stay in a precise position they refuse orders and have all sort of weird behaviours when tring to make them stand somewhewree .... and also when pursuing cavalry just have erratic movements and seems that they take prisoners only by casual impact on them ....

on Campaign map at hard level the Pope never condamn foreign powers that are Chatolic to have attaked another Catholic faction , in the case of me , plus all merchants of foreign powers always win any dispute with your merchants , and to make exchange of cardinal votes it is ridiculous to get votes for things like 1600 florijs per 16 turns .... come on.... I barely have a surplus of some hndreds per turn usually ....
    Last edited by PROMETHEUS; 11-16-2006 at 02:48.

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Faction heir doesn't return to the King's son once he comes of age it sticks with the King's brother.

Moderator edited to remove non-bugs.
    Last edited by econ21; 11-16-2006 at 11:21.

Is anyone else but me having a problem with the yellow unit markers when you press spacebar to see where the units are gonna' line up? It's not working properly, not stable. It flashes on and off and generally isn't reliable. Anyone know what this is all about? It's an important part of my game as I always use it to form up my armies in precise ways. Really sucks not having it work properly.

Two things:

1) In some of the battles, the letters in the text boxes are screwed up - like when you move your mouse over your units, it'll show only a couple of letters here and there.
    In the next battle, the text boxes are ok again.

2) I'm playing the first campaign (short) as the English. I quickly conquer the rebel provinces next to me, then set up my empire, planning to build up my infrastructure before wiping out the French and then the Scots, thus ending the campaign.

The Scots at that point have a couple of units in Edinburgh, their king and his heir. There are two other armies with generals standing around.

I sometime check from time to time up on them until I notice - the armies get smaller and smaller. I send a spy to Edinburgh and can literally watch as the units turn by turn disappear until the last one is gone.
    No scottish army is anywhere to be seen.
    No units in the capital, that still flies a Scottish flag.
    I march an army into Edinburgh, take the city, am threatened with excommunication and have wiped out the Scots.

Where did they go?
    Could be that they all boarded a ship and tried to get to Scandinavia, but then it's still pretty stupid of them to leave their only city undefended.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast