Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Merchants : how to (get 20,000 florins a turn)

Default Re: Merchants : how to (get 20,000 florins a turn)

Quote Originally Posted by gardibolt
    One important point not addressed in the training section there: you want to train merchants in an area where there are multiples of one kind of resource. Put a merchant on all of them, and they will get the Monopolist line of traits, which can add up to 3 coin to their skill, making them much more useful for killing and robbing. Or ordinary merchanting.

When you talk about training is this simply standing on a resource for several turns. And if so do they have to be trained in a foriegn land or could your own suffice. My English merchant is crap and always gets taken out . Considering sending him to cornwall for the training if this is the way forward

Ta

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Pugwash
    When you talk about training is this simply standing on a resource for several turns. And if so do they have to be trained in a foriegn land or could your own suffice. My English merchant is crap and always gets taken out . Considering sending him to cornwall for the training if this is the way forward

Ta
    Yes, the longer they are on a resource the more adept they become. I use merchants offensively now and place them on resources close to home to get them trained then i send them out to start mugging other merchants.

So yes, this is your way forward, but remember you can leave merchants on resources and they will generate per turn income which isnt a negative strategy either.
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

and the other unplayable factions can they be played following the above?

Please ignore last post wrong thread and cannot self edit

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345