Thread: IS there any way to maunally install a pack for BFV

Default IS there any way to maunally install a pack for BFV

First off I would like to say thanks to anyone respond to my bf1942 thread last year. (I've been meaning to say that for a while but it was to late to revive the thread)

Here is my problem when ever I try to get the patches for battlefield vietnam. (you need 1.2 and 1.21 to play online) It says I already have them but I don't. (because I uninstalled the game by just deleting it once.) Anyway is there any way just to transfer what I need to from the patch manually into the right files of the game? How would I do this?

Or is there a way to find the reason it won't let me patch it and fix it. (I doubt it I've been trying for 2 years now, I done clean installs and everything)
    Formerly ceasar010

Default Re: IS there any way to maunally install a pack for BFV

I suggest that you uninstall it again and make sure that it gets deleted from the registry. Then install it again and install the patches.

Or atleast that worked when I was having a simmilar problem with RTW...

Default Re: IS there any way to maunally install a pack for BFV

You may need to use a registry editor (recommend Registrar Lite, which is free. Available here: http://www.resplendence.com/downloads) to completely remove all references to the game from the registry.

If the game doesn't show as uninstallable in the Add or Remove Programs section of your Control Panel, then a registry editor is about the only way to get rid of it.
    My father's sole piece of political advice: "Son, politicians are like underwear - to keep them clean, you've got to change them often."

Default Re: IS there any way to maunally install a patch for BFV

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer57
    You may need to use a registry editor (recommend Registrar Lite, which is free. Available here: http://www.resplendence.com/downloads) to completely remove all references to the game from the registry.

If the game doesn't show as uninstallable in the Add or Remove Programs section of your Control Panel, then a registry editor is about the only way to get rid of it.

Well I got my regedit thing that comes with the computer.

I've looked through it and....I don't even know what to look for! what would a trace of bfv look like?
    Formerly ceasar010