Thread: Rome Issues resolved?

Default Rome Issues resolved?

Just wondering before i purchase this if it still has many of the flaws that ROme did. Is the unit balancing back to what it was in Medieval 1(aka not one uber factiong *cough* ROMANS *cough*)? Do units actually have pathifinding during sieges and line up on the walls, and finally does the campaing ai not suck horribly? Just wondering because i don't really want to be disappointed w/ this as i was with rome.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Default Re: Rome Issues resolved?

Provisionally, I would say "yes" to all the above. It feels close to playing MTW on the Rome campaign map and with better graphics than Rome.

Default Re: Rome Issues resolved?

Just wondering before i purchase this if it still has many of the flaws that ROme did. Is the unit balancing back to what it was in Medieval 1(aka not one uber factiong *cough* ROMANS *cough*)? Do units actually have pathifinding during sieges and line up on the walls, and finally does the campaing ai not suck horribly? Just wondering because i don't really want to be disappointed w/ this as i was with rome.
    I would say yes to them all, especially AI. I remember playing Rome and the Idea was to continously conquer forward endlessly (Or in BI to be continously conquered endlessly). At most, you could get 1 or 2 turns of peace.

In M2:TW, I am currently playing campaign as England. I went through 80 years without a War with my neighbours. Infact I had gone 20 years of peace with everyone before I was asked to Crusade. It's fun because you can actually have a peace and just build your cities. A welcome change Indeed.