Thread: When will work begin on EB2?

Question When will work begin on EB2?

M2TW is out in Europe and I presume that this means that most EB EU members have a copy. As M2TW is out and 0.8/1.0 STILL isn't finished, will you just finish 0.8 and go to EB2 or will you finish 1.0 before moving to the new engine?
    Last edited by MSB; 11-12-2006 at 11:49.

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

Default Re: When will work begin on EB2?

Although I haven't been an EB member very long, I know that our priority at the moment is finishing 0.8/9 and then 1.0 for RTW. Alot of the work going in to this can be used for EB2, obviously, like the many pages of historical and factual research being done on every faction.
    Last edited by Zaknafien; 11-12-2006 at 16:01.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

I recall reading that .8 and the final 1.0 will be finish and not abandoned for in order to start EB2.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: When will work begin on EB2?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    I recall reading that .8 and the final 1.0 will be finish and not abandoned for in order to start EB2.
    Khelvan and TA have repeatedly assured us that EB 1.0 will be finished, despite the work done on M2:TW.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

There are discussions about the factions, and work being done on one of them already, but I'm under the impression that nothing has been successfully unpacked yet. Has anyone been able to do anything with this really moddable game yet?

Post Re: When will work begin on EB2?

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    There are discussions about the factions, and work being done on one of them already, but I'm under the impression that nothing has been successfully unpacked yet. Has anyone been able to do anything with this really moddable game yet?
    I don't think so as no mod forums have gone truely active and nor has anybody posted a tutorial. I presume that soon we will see a few so then I can start on my first (non-public) mod based on AoM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    I believe that the current goal among the team. The transision from v.80 to v1.0 hopefully wont take long, although DONT quote me on that.

Kushan
    EB Team Member

Rise of Kings: v2.0 Beta 3 Now Available

arent they just numbers? I meen unless ofcourse 1.0 is going to be BI there is no RTW platform above 1.5 really.
    Imperator de Basileia Ton Romaion-A "The long road" M2tw AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...41#post1657841
    Click here if you want to know what a freshly shaven **** looks like.

Versions above v0.80 should hopefully just be bug fixes, finishing up concepts, balancing, etc. Most of the hard work porting to v1.5 should be done, and we wont be porting over to BI.

Kushan
    EB Team Member

Rise of Kings: v2.0 Beta 3 Now Available

Let's wait a while with EB2, and let some other guys do the hard work with finding out the features of the new engine :P

Yes but technicly there would be no difference between 0.8 and 1.0 its just 1.0 would be released later and have more work in it. Arent i correct?
    Although i understand that 1.0 is going to have no placeholders. Otherwise i would have thought they can mess around with numbers how they like. So pretty much any number between 0.8 and 1.0 is just the same as 0.8 concept wise.
    Last edited by Darkarbiter; 11-14-2006 at 11:49.
    Imperator de Basileia Ton Romaion-A "The long road" M2tw AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...41#post1657841
    Click here if you want to know what a freshly shaven **** looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarbiter
    Yes but technicly there would be no difference between 0.8 and 1.0 its just 1.0 would be released later and have more work in it. Arent i correct?
    Although i understand that 1.0 is going to have no placeholders. Otherwise i would have thought they can mess around with numbers how they like. So pretty much any number between 0.8 and 1.0 is just the same as 0.8 concept wise.
    There are many scripts that won't be making it into 0.8 that we plan to include in 1.0. I don't understand what you mean by "technically no difference"? There will be a lot of new stuff in 1.0, I don't know where you've heard this, but there will be lots of new stuff in here.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Work can't start until the pack extractor is released, and that isn't released until the update is released, and that isn't released for another 2 weeks.

Then EB 1.0 has to be released before it is the only focus and for that to happen 0.8 has to be released and for that to happen the EB team needs to be modding and for that to happen you need to stop distracting them with all these threads!