Thread: Need info about Russia

Default Need info about Russia

Myself I wont start playing M2 before the summer holidays as that's the only time I can totally devote myself to it (at least I will get a bit patched up version by that time). Anyway I have some questions about the Russians as they are my faction that I will always play with.

- Is it true that these cool plate armored troops are Russians? on this video, the ones with metal masks: [URL=http://games.softpedia.com/progDownload/Medieval-II-Total-War-Russia-Faction-Movie-Download-11996.html[/URL]

- What's the flag like? is it the one with a yellow eagle on black background?

- They do have awesome shock cavalry right?

Feel free to share any other thoughts about Russia, but please, try to not spoil anything.
    Last edited by Mikhal; 11-12-2006 at 14:36.

Default Re: Need info about Russia

I don't know what the russian flag is but it's not the yellow eagle, this one belonging to HRE.
    "He could hear her still at times. Promise me, she had cried, in a room that smelled of blood and roses, Promise me, Ned. The fever had taken her strength and her voice had been faint as a whisper, but when he gave her his word, the fear had gone out of his sister's eyes."
    Eddard and Lyanna Stark about Jon Snow Targaryen.

their flag is a pink teddy bear on a purple background, and their cavalry doesn't hurt because they are all armed with pillows and have a 'diving tickle' attack as their secondary
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Shadow_Wolf shutup! We aren't inthe mood for stupidity! How dare you be so immature! Its not a teddybear on their flag its an OCTOPUS on an YELLOW background!

Good lord people like youruin everything....

Oh ya and its their INFANTRY that got the pillows!

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhal
    Myself I wont start playing M2 before the summer holidays as that's the only time I can totally devote myself to it (at least I will get a bit patched up version by that time). Anyway I have some questions about the Russians as they are my faction that I will always play with.

- Is it true that these cool plate armored troops are Russians? on this video, the ones with metal masks: [URL=http://games.softpedia.com/progDownload/Medieval-II-Total-War-Russia-Faction-Movie-Download-11996.html[/URL]

- What's the flag like? is it the one with a yellow eagle on black background?

- They do have awesome shock cavalry right?

Feel free to share any other thoughts about Russia, but please, try to not spoil anything.
    I can't answer the last 2 questions yet, Mikhal, but I can answer the first one.

The plate armoured troops are indeed Russians. They are called Berdiche Axemen and those are some nasty cookies to crack. In that video, they are upgraded fully, the "regular" version has chainmail and a "crusader style open helmet" instead of the face mask. Still, these axemen are the cream of the russian heavy infantry and a unit to be feared on the battlefield.

Once I boot M2TW again, I'll take a look for your other questions.
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenaris
    I can't answer the last 2 questions yet, Mikhal, but I can answer the first one.

The plate armoured troops are indeed Russians. They are called Berdiche Axemen and those are some nasty cookies to crack. In that video, they are upgraded fully, the "regular" version has chainmail and a "crusader style open helmet" instead of the face mask. Still, these axemen are the cream of the russian heavy infantry and a unit to be feared on the battlefield.

Once I boot M2TW again, I'll take a look for your other questions.
    Hehe that's nice, i thought that i would have to rely completely on sucky cannon fodder when it came to infantry :)

and thanks for looking it up
    Last edited by Mikhal; 11-12-2006 at 22:36.

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

The Novgorod faction symbol is an orange orthodox cross i think on a blue background. They have loads of great units in their army.