Thread: Mod Community Castellans announced

Default Mod Community Castellans announced

As many of you will have seen in my final report from the M2TW Dev Studio in Brisbane, I announced that I would be stepping away from the role of Mod Mod and proposing the idea of community leader/facilitators to step forward and act as castellans in developing the M2 modding community here on the Org.

I'm delighted to announce that this proposal was answered by such well-known and award-winning modders and that the first castellans are:

NagatsukaShumi - Mod News & Promotions Castellan

Bwian - Modding Questions & Tutorials Castellan

alpaca - Modding Research Castellan

Prometheus - Graphical Research Castellan

My best wishes go with them and with you all
    Last edited by Epistolary Richard; 11-13-2006 at 00:58.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Default Re: Mod Community Castellans announced

Thanks for your awesome work ER! And Congrats to the new castellans!
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Yes indeed. We're all gonna miss you ER

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Thank you first off for all your hard work for the modding community ER, you have been a great help to its development and I think its better off with your help. Good luck in what you do from now on.

Hopefully this new era of Castellans will help mould the community even more, something I'm sure ER would be happy to see.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Thanks - I will still be popping my head up now again, but primarily just to dump information (such as this). Oh, and watch out for the modding awards at HoF 06 as well.

Today's announcement from CA does give us a glimpse at a new company interested in providing significant support for the modding community. At the same time, along with all the new opportunities that M2 will provide, it's clear that the graphical side of modding will be long slow work. We'll have to accept that and move on - or we will stick there and die.

As a result, what I hope that we will see will develop in the community are some modders who will take the bull by the horns and really exploit what modders do best - and that is experiment and explore different types of gameplay. We're not CA, we're not required to sell X thousand copies of our mod or we'll all get fired. We have complete creative freedom within the technical restrictions imposed upon us.

So let's think beyond the normal stat tweak mods and the Total Conversion, everything but the kitchen sink, mods which aren't possible for the moment anyway. Let's take the lead provided by mods such as The Crusades - let's look to make new maps, new campaigns and provide a new gameplay experience.

Our regular toys of making bright, shiny new skins and models are held back from us at the moment. We can't sell a mod anymore on gorgeous screenshots, we can't wow the regular gamers by being ace artists - instead, our only option (yet an exciting one at that) is to excel at becoming our own game designers.
    Last edited by Epistolary Richard; 11-14-2006 at 02:53.
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

No more modding recaps on odd holidays?

And where is this announcement you speak of?

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Pretty Good
    No more modding recaps on odd holidays?

And where is this announcement you speak of?
    I presume that you mean the monthly reports of the going on of the modding community Alexander? If so, never fear, they will be back only just now done by yours truly, a bonus I have over Richard is I'm only doing a few of his jobs, whilst other people are doing some of his others, so we can manage the workload (we hope!) and I hopefully will get a monthly report going when my University project is handed in at the back end of this week.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Oh. Just make sure you post it on the odd holidays!

Does this:
    Today's announcement from CA does give us a glimpse at a new company interested in providing significant support for the modding community.
    refer to the CA dev blog?

Yes

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

I have to resign from the Position , CA made impossible to mod units and in game stuff , so it is useless my contribution as well .....

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR