Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M2TW bugs MP only

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Default M2TW bugs MP only

This topic will try to collect M2TW MP bugs. Feel free to post any MP bug you encounter.

However: sitewide forumrules still apply. Any swearing, mocking, insulting or irrelevant statement will be deleted. If there is too much in one post, the whole post will be deleted instead.

Do yourself and other MP players a favour please.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Default Re: M2TW bugs MP only

Not sure if it's a bug or not but cavalry needs to be adressed. At around 800 a peice most cavalry can beat the best foot knights. Spears arn't all that great vs them either. Fair enough there charge should be effective but they still carry on figthing and winning after the charge..

Tib

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus
    Not sure if it's a bug or not but cavalry needs to be adressed. At around 800 a peice most cavalry can beat the best foot knights. Spears arn't all that great vs them either. Fair enough there charge should be effective but they still carry on figthing and winning after the charge..

Tib
    It could be a bug, it could just be that the stat needs to be rebalanced.

How much do the knights cost and under which conditions? If cavalry charges knights in the flank, I'm sure the cavalry should win. If it's head on in the woods, then the foot knights should do better.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Tib, to actually test if spears work against knights, you should let them be able to fight the knights while in formation. For instance, try to take the charge of the knights on one unit, then rush the spear one and hold it at their backs. Then look how they die.. (In formation and bracing. When they are charged their formation is broken which's why they lose. But if - as I said - they are in formation, they would beat it. Try deeper ranks.)
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

Quote Originally Posted by x-dANGEr
    Tib, to actually test if spears work against knights, you should let them be able to fight the knights while in formation. For instance, try to take the charge of the knights on one unit, then rush the spear one and hold it at their backs. Then look how they die.. (In formation and bracing. When they are charged their formation is broken which's why they lose. But if - as I said - they are in formation, they would beat it. Try deeper ranks.)

I know this m8 but still..

It's not as major as the cav spamming was in 1.3 but non the less I ouldn't expect soem lancers to fight for to logn vs hardend foot infantry..

Tib

Well, I really see it better that way.. Making pikes uber against cav at any situation is just silly IMO. The only thing a person would need to do then is get some infantry and archers..
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

anyway they need teh fix the musketeer bug....sometimes they stop firing for no reason and u have to double-click on the enemy to get them firing again...and at other times, a part of them will go running off towards the enemy even though you told them to fire.

another bug is the charge-splitting bug...sometimes when charging, about a quarter of the unit will go running into the enemy while the other 3/4 of the unit walk slowly behind (and as such, take ages to get there)
    Last edited by TosaInu; 11-16-2006 at 11:16.
    GERUDO clan tyrant

MayTheFunkBeWithYou

Anyway muskets wont fire properly unless 2 lines deeep. They need to be wide other wise not all the muskets will fire.
    Last edited by TosaInu; 11-16-2006 at 11:17.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I saw the ploblem with Muskeetmen also,needs to be fixed.... HAving Touble logging on Guys? Think that needs to be adress to, since I can't even log on..

Warman, check the official forums for things to do to solve your problem.

OT: Gah Mojo.. Welcome

Too many offs...

Well the good thing is that i dont have any bugs... i guess casue i dont have the game...

off: mojo: be warned
    Mizukage of the Shinobi Clan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by x-dANGEr
    Warman, check the official forums for things to do to solve your problem.

OT: Gah Mojo.. Welcome
    I did, I thought it was my Firewall, since I have it on Stealth Mode, then I change it back to Normal, and I can't log on.. THen I shut it off, and still can't log on... I don't know what is going on.. Mabye my CD-Key??

Here are a list of bugs that affect multiplayer :

* Units split out and do not charge on close distance
    * Musketeers are overpowered
    * Lags when playing team games (2v2 or higher), unstable servers, platform (GameSpy)
    * No weather-option
    * Missiles-troops move one step too much forward than necessary before they start shooting
    * The button "start-battle" is too far on the left, overwrites the unit-description
    * On the result-screen, names aren't written correctly, instead the names of the captains are displayed
    * Heavy cavalry turn too slow and it takes ages until they start running, they slowly walk away before they start running (this might be intention)
    * Double click sometimes doesn’t seem to work
    * Cavalry sometimes stop before impact during a charge.

Denali posted that at another forum, just a summary of bugs :)
    Last edited by Monarch; 11-19-2006 at 16:58.

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

* No weather-option
    Well that one is not correct, that only happens on some of the maps, the ones where you can't put settlements on them.

This bug list was used to assess bugs that would need fixing for tournaments to be hosted on m2.

Since most competitive games are played on grassy plains, all bugs were based on this. In addition, it makes no sense not to allow weather option for grassy plains.

Hi

I actually just can't play MP online.

Dunno if it's due to gamespy or creative assembly, but each time I try to enter a game, it says either it's full, either NAT error, either host is not answering. When I create a game, no one is able to join. I sometimes had this problem in Rome : Total War, but most of the time it was still working. This is not a firewall issue, as I turned it off it didn't change anything.

Other thing : the map names are shown in the host's language, this doesn't look very professional !

Connecting problem solved. It just works now, which means that it was a Gamespy issue. Creative Assembly, please, for your next game, a better multiplayer platform ?

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

After 8 1v1

1. (sometimes?)when u group all unit [G], and draw on ground, the formation is not kept (shouldnt it be?).

2. (sometimes?) when u group all unit [G], and rotate [,][.], the formation is not kept, and all units get into a single row?.

3. Archers, if u loosen them, (sometimes?) they do not auto-shoot even when it is enabled, and enemy is within range.

4. xbow(maybe even bow?) projectile funny? i can have units way behind the archer rank dying (not many not often though).. feel more like bullets to me.

5. so far 6 games out of 8, i lost gamespy connection. After exiting battle, i was thrown back to the MP login screen; however i can never login unless i restart M2TW.. was a hassle.

tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

to add..

6. Logfile; only the two most recent are kept? the earlier ones are deleted?
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

• Can no longer see a list of the chat messages in a battle. IN RTW, I could push the button above tab and see a list of what had been said during battle. It is no longer available or it has been changed. Please tell me if it has.
    • When writing a message to other players in deployment, pushing enter sometimes causes your deployment phase to end. Very annoying.
    • When picking your army, when you are ready and click to begin, you are taken to another screen which shows who is ready to start. At this point you can no longer see your chosen army , which is very annoying if you wish to tell your allies your army while you wait and as they pick theirs.
    • When using TeamChat in the army selection lobby, the writing stay blue as oppose to turning Orange. Can be annoying as you don't know if your ally is talking to just you, or telling his army to everyone in the game.

Sorry if a few have been mentioned already. They just annoy me a little.
    Last edited by Marius Dynamite; 11-25-2006 at 23:26.

Blog Entries

#1. just press the normal button
    #2. it happens to me alot
    #3. Yes, but you just press the back button.........
    #4. hm, kinda agree on that m8..

press the @ buttton tos ee chat emssages

Tib

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Dynamite
    [LIST][*]When writing a message to other players in deployment, pushing enter sometimes causes your deployment phase to end. Very annoying.
    Agreed, this definately needs to be fixed.

* in the logfile, the unit cost is reported wrongly.
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Originally Posted by Marius Dynamite
    [list][*]When writing a message to other players in deployment, pushing enter sometimes causes your deployment phase to end. Very annoying.
    Wow this has been one of my biggest complaints since the original MTW. I cant believe they still havent fixed it.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    Wow this has been one of my biggest complaints since the original MTW. I cant believe they still havent fixed it.
    Well they fixed it in rtw however they seem to of overlooked it in mtw2 so it'll probly be addressed with the patch.

Not sure if it's a bug or not, a problem now appeared. After formatting PC, when I have log-in for entering in multiplayer says the CD-code is not valid!!!!!!! Someone knows something?
    Last edited by XXI_RAPAX_Cipius; 11-29-2006 at 09:05.

Read this in the Citadel forum, about the gunners reform bug. I was when I thought my arquebusiers had stopped firing after one volley in my first game with gunpower unit.. only to realise it happen inbetween firing.

So this is a bug CA?
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

Different language version don't work each other.
    For example polish version does not work with english, same italian and french.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Blog Entries

I have a German player who was able to join my game, and a Rapax (Italan) able joined my game 2 weeks ago, but now they can't, I don't know why..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast