Thread: Why no multilanguage, why ? >_<

Default Why no multilanguage, why ? >_<

Just a rant about a heavy disappointment.

I bought the game today (Collector's Edition, no less). I was a bit afraid that the game would have been fully localized, but I clinged to hope. I put the DVD in the drive, and a blast ! I can choose "english" as the installation language !
    Full of hope, I install, launch the game and...
    No way, it's not in the original language, it's localized :-/

Why not simply make a multi-languages box ? Like NWN2 or Civilization 4 ? Cost less (no need to make different productions) and allows people to get the language they want without having to resort with importation or piracy.

Yeah I know it's not very important, it's not something I can't handle with a bit of downloading on eMule (and as usual my game box will join the unused box on my shelves and I'll use the pirated version ; and at least I'm quite honest, I still buy my games because I think it's the right thing to do, but don't wonder why there is so much piracy when it delivers better and faster than legal channels :p), but it's something that annoy me to no end.
    Yeah, I CAN'T STAND localized version. And I hoped I would have the possibility to install in whatever language I wished. I know, I'm a naive fool, but well...
    If violence didn't solve your problem... well, you just haven't been violent enough.

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Default Re: Why no multilanguage, why ? >_<

Actually what did you expect? Probably a lot of more professional stores in your country sell the English version, too (or you can order it over the net).
    But I actually agree, a multi-language version would be better - although it might be blown out of proportion even more, it already has 2 DVDs.
    And the usual explanation which is: localization is only done after the game went gold, doesn't apply here because it was actually released on the same day.

By the way, for me the problem with the localization is that the translation is often horrible - and I proved to be right again with M2TW. Luckily I ordered an English copy from Jersey which is due to arrive this week :P
    Last edited by alpaca; 11-13-2006 at 17:25.

I wasn't sure about it, so i ordered the game from Sendit.com. It was shipped on friday and will probably be here tomorrow. BTW, the game in france is sold 54€. On Sendit, i got a copy for 30€, shipping charges included. Incredible!
    "He could hear her still at times. Promise me, she had cried, in a room that smelled of blood and roses, Promise me, Ned. The fever had taken her strength and her voice had been faint as a whisper, but when he gave her his word, the fear had gone out of his sister's eyes."
    Eddard and Lyanna Stark about Jon Snow Targaryen.

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca
    Actually what did you expect?
    Well I didn't "expected" anything, but I "hoped" that they had the good sense of making multi-language version.

Sounds like I got shafted :-/
    Probably a lot of more professional stores in your country sell the English version, too (or you can order it over the net).
    Actually, no, english versions are quite hard to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImp
    I wasn't sure about it, so i ordered the game from Sendit.com. It was shipped on friday and will probably be here tomorrow. BTW, the game in france is sold 54€. On Sendit, i got a copy for 30€, shipping charges included. Incredible!
    Gosh, it's REALLY time I bother to get a credit card to make some buying on the Net...
    I'm losing too much money and getting too much frustration by having to buy at retail stores.
    If violence didn't solve your problem... well, you just haven't been violent enough.