Hi guys. I can't find anything in the manual about this. When you take a settlement, you get three choices as to what to do with it.

1) Occupy settlement. This way you get no extra money but you have a large population to grow your city with. What are the bonuses or penalties associated with this

2) Sack Settlement. This way you get tonnes of money and kill a percentage of the populous so there's a quick pay-off and only a slight slow-down in growth. What are the bonuses or penalties associated with this

3) Exterminate populous. This way you get a bit of money and kill everyone. You get some money, but not anywhere near as much as sacking and you have to grow the town from scratch. What are the bonuses or penalties associated with this

it seems to me that you'd always want to sack a settlement cause the population hit isn't that bad and you get loads of cash. there has to be a balance somewhere but i don't know what it is

Can anyone help? Pointing to the right page on the manual will do But I can't find it anywhere!