Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comments and Suggestions.

Default Re: Comments and Suggestions.

hi guys
    can u guys help
    i have mtw 1 and{ exp }and mtw 2 how u in the 1st one have uints from the couty you take over but cant in the mtw2 i was looking 4woold 4 some highlands but what i got was {irsh gow }what ther names is

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Hmm... I was thinking (for once), and I decided that it would be a good idea if someone posted a map that shows the ownership of all settlements from the beginning of the game.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix27
    Hmm... I was thinking (for once), and I decided that it would be a good idea if someone posted a map that shows the ownership of all settlements from the beginning of the game.
    You can easily do this in-game by using the toggle_fow command on the console.

Praetorian on Crusade Member Oshidashi's Avatar

I've noticed that there are many "history freaks" on this great site.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a brief story about the medieval history of the faction on top of each faction guide threat?

hi
    number 1 there shold be more citys in england like postmouth and southamton.and wincter as it was just down the road to the king hunting gound as u guys my not know that {king rufus} was killed there some new forssit one thouth he was a dear lol.
    but when the normans take over england thy put casltie eivy 30 miles { 3 day ride }

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

It would be nice to have a blitzing part for the M2TW guides. I am currently working on a comprehensive guide for M2TW blitzing so maybe that can become the starter for the blitzing part.
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

I don't quite follow what you mean by "blitzing guide". You mean a guide to conquering as quickly as possible?
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

yes something like that. It's slow going right now but once I get to spring break I'll probably finish it.
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

I suggest a making money guide; the think i am worst at. There may be a few in the Citadel but i think there should be one in the guides section too

Well, for a money guide, we should also have a mining section, now that mines are more widely available.

more avtars plz
    There Can Only Be WAR!!!!!
    I bid You Stand Men of the west

this is my army

I've added a cateogry to the table of contents for useful links outside of this site. If anyone has any to add, please post a link here or PM it to myself or Kek.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

General service announcement:

We are going to be doing a cull of off-topic posts in all faction topics. All non-game related posts will be deleted to ensure the information players come here to find is easily accessable.

This will be an on-going project carried out as and when we have time, so please bear with us.

Isn't it time we had some new threads for the Kingdoms factions?

Antagonist
    "Society is going down the drain, and it's everybody's fault but ours."

Arthurian Total War Developer

I second that. I'm itching to see some discussion on the new factions/campaigns.

Here is a guide for Americas Campaign -- Apaches, which really should be in a new thread.

The Apaches play differently from any faction in Europe. Here are the key differences.

1. Upkeep for units is almost nothing, so you can maintain almost a full stack per city(and you will need it).

2. Initially you can build only two types of unit outside your capital. You get access to the buildings meeting these goals:
    Construct 20 missile units, capture 5 settlements - get Hunter's Wigwam for Dog Soldiers
    Construct 50 missile units, capture 10 settlements - get Hunter's Longhouse for Koitsenko's

Construct 20 infantry units, win 5 battles- get Raider's Wigwam for Apachean Scouts
    Construct 50 infantry units, win 10 battles- get Raider's Longhouse for Onde's Men

You will have these wigwams and a few of the advanced units in your starting settlement. They are all terrible on defense.

To get access to gunpowder and horses, you need to win a few battles against armies that have these technologies. The files make it look as if 10 wins are needed, but about 5 seemd to do the job.

The gunpowder and horse units are very good, especially the Thunder Braves, mounted musketeers.

3. Since your units are weak. you will often need more than a full stack to win a battle against a single stack. Be sure to check the box to let the AI contorl the reinforcement stack when you start the battle.

4. General's units are nothing special, and the AI seems to target generals. Don't be surprised if your general is the first soldier killed in his unit.

5. You cannot build units in captured cities without first constructing all your own buildings from scratch.

6. You have nearly uncontested access to about 15 rebel settlements.

7. Auto-resolve is very erratic. It seems to overvalue your early units and undervalue your later ones.

8. Your opponents will have lots of cash. They pay ransom.

The secret of success is the Warpath, which works like a Jihad. Try to call one as close to every 10 turns as you can, Remember to train up a second Piety 4 wiseman.

Basic strategy: Split your initial troops into 2 nearly full stacks. With one, head west, then down the Pacific coast as far as you can. With the other head east. Aime for 20 recruits of each type and 10 settlements captured.
    If you don't know the map, turn off fog of war.

Once the French arrive in Florida, about turn 20, beat up on them. If that doesn't get you guns and hourses, declare a Warpath against a Spanish city. You should have everything by turn 40 or so.

It took me 87 turns for the long campaign (30 cities). The short one (20 cities) is much easier, since you only need all the rebel towns plus one AI opponent's cities.

Is there a list of PDF guides that are available? I'm getting back into MTW2 (new baby = no spare time), and I've realised that I'm hopelessly out of touch. PDF guides are much better than forum threads in that I can read them on the train to and from work. Froggy's guide to MTW kept me happy on many a train journey.

I've tried printing forum threads but I inevitably end up with an ugly mess, no matter what I try. Maybe I'm too picky.

i donNT PLAY MTW2,should I?Or should i just wait for empire total war?
    :

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg
    If you have any comments on this forum, or suggestions, please post them here.
    I just downloaded & printed your Kingdoms TW guide (part 1). Thanks a lot, lady. I'm forever grateful. I could hardly wait for parts 2, 3, & 4. More power to you and may your horses be swifter.
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." ~Salvor Hardin

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_guy
    Hey Frog, I know you must have heard this a least a million times but will you ever start a M2TW guide ?

Princess Frog: Yeah, I second the motion. When can we be blessed with your MTW2 guide?
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." ~Salvor Hardin

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

hey, frogbeastegg, why don't you post your M2TW kingdoms guide on this forum?
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Quote Originally Posted by wumpus
    Princess Frog: Yeah, I second the motion. When can we be blessed with your MTW2 guide?
    When I have a spare 200 hours, or when someone pays for me to take a month off work to write it

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix27
    hey, frogbeastegg, why don't you post your M2TW kingdoms guide on this forum?
    The guide itself is exclusive for the official site. The general gist of the very loose agreement I have with CA is that they provide me with information and I use it to create a guide for their site. It's an arrangement which benefits all parties. The community get information and the froggy guide they have been requesting for a year, CA get something for their site, and I get ... :thinks: my name in lights? :p The topic in the main M2TW forum will be moved over into here soon.

Guys is there a technical support forums here? If not id seriously consider making one.

Hi Guys,

I play Medieval 2: total war for quite a while now, but some time ago I decided to pick up Rome: total war again. Playing that game I noticed that years pass by much slower, which I liked better.

So I changed the time-span of Medieval 2, but now I have a question. If you change the timespan to 0,5 years a turn, will the events appear at the right date? For example: normally, Gunpowder is inveted (or unlocked) in turn 80. If I change the time table, will it still be unlocked at turn 80 or at a certain date (so at turn 320?) Please let me know.

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

@ Black Sheep

If you change the timespan to 0,5 years a turn, will the events appear at the right date? For example: normally, Gunpowder is inveted (or unlocked) in turn 80. If I change the time table, will it still be unlocked at turn 80 or at a certain date (so at turn 320?) Please let me know.
    Yes. Gunpowder will take place at turn 320. Look in the descr_events. All events will hapen after a number of years. You can change these years if you like.
    Tosa Inu

I have a suggestion, since this forum's a little stalled now that the games been out awhile, should we start a sub form on guides for some of the most popular mods? (SS, BC etc...)

Is there no thread for Denmark in the regular campaign? I've looked around and could not find one. I was hoping for some ideas for my campaign.
    Last edited by mcgib; 07-05-2008 at 14:26.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Comments and Suggestions.

Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Sorry I meant to type Norway. I was rather tired when I typed that last post.

hey can any one help me i got M2TW and dint even get to install it because my 2 little ones scratched it all up is there any way i can get it from some were i dont want my girl to buy another one it was a x-mass gift.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast