Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Turks

Default Re: The Turks

I am finding the Turks early game a breeze as well. I have the game set at M/VH. The siphais and turkomen wipe the floor with all of the units I've fought so far. I've taken most of the surrounding rebel settlements, Edessa I saved for last as it has a large stack defending it. Jihads are nice and quick, especially since you don't need to worry about appeasing the pope to get one off.

I agree with most of the above posts that taking Antioch quickly is a very good idea. With its cash flow the surrounding rebels are easy to gobble up. I've allied the Egyptians and kept them happy with a gift every turn or two.

One of the biggest helps to my steady and quick growth was the nobles giving me 4 units of Siphais for 3 of the rebel provinces they ordered me to take. Made the expansion steady and smooth as I as easily able to build garrison forces to move in after my full stack of frontline troops smashed its way through rebel settlement after rebel settlement.

I reckon since I'm playing on medium difficulty for the campaign and avoided angering the Byzantines they've left me alone all together. A few armies have threatened to cross the border but have been quickly dissuaded by my full stack of HA's lead by my Sultan. I've expanded as far east and south as possible without declaring war on the Egyptians. I guess now I'll either move in force on the Byz Boys or move further north of the Black Sea. Tsibli is my northern border as of now and looks to be a good place to set up for the eventual arrival of the Mongels. The mountain range stretching east to west with the few passes would be a great place to set up some forts with some specific mongel killing armies.

Well, everything was peachy, but now the crusaders are romping around and my HA's keep getting pwned by crusader/feudal knights. Anyone have some handy tatics for dealing with these guys with the Turks?

post-patch the AI won't let me rain arrows forever and its tough to keep track of 10 units of HA's.

Senior Member Senior Member katank's Avatar

Let your Turkomens lead them on a merry chase. The Siphais and General BGs should try to lure and then bag knight units one at a time (hit from all sides). I usually end up with 4-5 BG units with my sultan and also prince stacks. They work amazingly well.

If you want even more melee power, consider building some Siphai lancers. If that's still not enough to take out their cav, then I suggest switching gears and pumping out a horde of Saracen Militia to kill the enemy cav.

I was able to whomp them by luring them into crossfires that were easy for my HA's to escape and eventually routed the whole army by charging the arrow-weakened flank with the Siphai Lancers. That was an awesome battle.

I kept most of my HA's back and would work with 3 at a time raking their flank with arrows. When the AI's calavary would charge I'd run and draw them into a crossfire and after a few volleys a charge on most sides with my general, lancers, and the HA's would break them. Did this twice before routing the rest of the army. They were still relatively inexperienced and I think their morale was devastated.

The full stack of HA's and heavy cav is tough to control but fun to play with when you can pull it off.

Yep, eastern armies with lancers and HAs are probably the ultimate form of warfare during that time. Enough firepower to decimate just about anything and enough maneuverability to capitalize on any mistakes the enemy makes.

Only things that might be trouble is an enemy missile heavy army guarded by heavy units on a hill or huge amounts of enemy light and heavy cav. Fighting another veteran eastern force like the Mongols is also challenging.

I find that the Turks have an easy game if you are committed to aggressive expansion. My first target is to crush all rivals in the Balkans and Asia Minor while also pursuing, though with less urgency, expansion throughout the Fertile Crescent. The Byzantines cannot, with their lumbering armies, match the horsearchers....

After consolidating units outside Inconium, I call a jihad targetting Constantinople. This gives you, for the period, a very powerful and cheap army capable of crushing the Byzantines. Seize Nicaea. Burn it to the ground. Hire a mercenary ship. Cross over to Constantinople. Besiege. Capture it. In the meantime, small forces from Yerevan and Caesarea should have moved toward Trebizond and Tiblisi. After this, the campaign tends to stall as I digest and consolidate, but even from Mosul, I am pushing toward Baghdad and Antioch, which, as noted elsewhere, I tend to ignore for reasons of the Crusade and a desire to finish off the Byzantines with various strikes at Cyprus, Rhodes for good measure, and the Adriatic. This will bring me against Hungary and Venice, and by this time, I am well set with Constantinople and well able to push them beyond the Danube.

Meanwhile, newly wealthy and invigorated, you are pushing toward Egypt. You make it much faster by simply landing troops in Alexandria and rip their heart out.

Of course, that leaves the Mongols: Janissaries in the cities, protection of river crossings, etc, work fine. Just grind them down. Target the generals. It'll work. Timurids the same. However, I find it tedious to manage that struggle, so I usually save when warned and direct them into Russia... It's not like I haven't done it, it's just not that enjoyable.

Why merc ship? You can usually use the land bridges. Also, Antioch would be silly not to take. It's very rich. Most crusades arrive by land. Just blockade the landbridges near Constantinople and the Crusades won't get anywhere. Sink any seaborne crusades and you are golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongaroo
    Well, everything was peachy, but now the crusaders are romping around and my HA's keep getting pwned by crusader/feudal knights. Anyone have some handy tatics for dealing with these guys with the Turks?

post-patch the AI won't let me rain arrows forever and its tough to keep track of 10 units of HA's.
    Crusades shouldn't be a problem, you will usually have overwhelming missile superiority and better maneuverability even with infantry. If your horse archers run out of ammo just retreat, if they chase you and force a fight you will have full ammo again. The crusaders have no unit that can catch horse archers, and they usually don't bring even close to enough missile troops to take out a HA army. Group them into 4-unit divisions and keep circling bad guy army with your 3 or 4 divisions of HA and watch crusaders stand in a big crowd and get shot to pieces.

Just to add to what the good Marquis has to say.

Turkomens also have some nice stamina and are fast moving. This means you can tire out those crusader knights by running them around the map. Note: parthian shot is nice but inaccurate. Thus, turn off fire at will for the unit that the knights are chasing. Instead, target another unit to run behind the knight and shoot it. If the knight change targets, switch your bait and shooter roles.

Siphais can gang up on isolated knights in melee and kill them like that, preferably after they are tired out and whittled down a bit by the Turkomens. The Catholics rarely have more than 6-7 units of heavy cav in their crusade stacks anyhow. Your all cav army should be more than enough to handle them. Hotkey some units to make things easier. Pause button is always there too if things get too crazy.

I do go after Antioch, but I prefer to crush one faction at a time, and Antioch will wait until I finish off the Balkans, then pivot to take out the Egyptians. Sometimes I push from the Caucasus and Mosul toward Antioch while also pressing against Constantinople. It all depends on my mood and desire. I'm not so fond of naval battles, though, so I tend to ignore the navy, as they just seem to spawn in vexing plenitude beyond my patience's capacity to endure.

The Turkish early game is superb, using mercs you can spread faster than any other faction. However, as soon as the mongols arrive you may aswell quit the campaign. Unlike their European equivilants, the turkish spearmen can't hold the gates against the mongol cavary, and even a full stack of Turkish bodyguard units will be wiped out in the field by the mongol forces.
    I also found that in the early game you take so many settlements so quickly that by mid-game the settlements are undeveloped. This leads to settlements producing below par units that cant defend the settlement that produces them.

Hopefully someone will mod the game to remove the mongols, then the Turkish mid-late game will probably be quite entertaining.

Cheers

Removing the Mongols? You've got to be kidding. They are quite fun and definitely beatable.

A siphai and siphai lancer army with some BG backup is more than enough to take a mongol army in the field. Use bridge/river crossings to your advantage and you can get some very nice kill ratios (3:1 or better).

Ottoman infantry and janissaries are also more than capable of holding the walls/gate vs. the Mongol hordes should you choose to break them on your walls.

Seconded, by the time you get both Jannisaries and gunpowder technology everything becames incredibly (with exceptions) easy.

(When this happens I usualy trim down my Sipahis down from 6 units to 4 as well as convert my army from being a predominantly cavalry army to a predominantly infantry army)

Anyone who used Jannisary Musketeers and Grand Bombards in their armies will know exatcly what am talking about...

Having a ton of fun with my latest Turkish campaign. The Mongols are just as bad as everyone makes them out to be --- playing on H/VH with Darthmod, I've had several JHI units splinter and break under assault from Mongol Infantry. Don't even ask how my Sipahi Lancers are doing even against Mongol HAs, never mind Heavy Archers. The only real solution I've thusfar is Dismounted Sipahis, who I've found can withstand a charge on Guard mode, with massed Trebuchet barrages and Ottoman Infantry firing sheets of arrows as fast as they can. Even then I lose most of the time --- grinding attrition is my only real strategy. It's much tougher considering my Mongol hordes (the second wave has just arrived while the first wanders Anatolia) still hang close together and show no predilection to actually siege my citadels or split up to attack cities.

Meanwhile every single Catholic state, even little Portugal, is launching mass Crusades against Constantinople. These, fortunately, are nowhere near as formidable as the Mongol hordes --- swarms of Turkomans and mercenary Akinjis, backed by a thin line of Saracens and Naffatuns, are more than enough to wipe the floor with the Europeans. Naffatuns are just enormously powerful against pinned troops --- I fought three successive battles against full stack Crusader armies where one unit of Naffs had 200+ kills each time. Crusader Sergeants and Dismounted Knights rout almost instantly after one or two volleys from the Naffatuns.

Massed valored up siphais worked well for me against Mongols. Throw in a few BGs. Try to fight them at a river ford or bridge crossing. I found a particularly nice one that has high ground on 3 sides overlooking a gully next to the ford. That place quickly becomes a location of massacre as the Mongols pour in confused while my HAs unload on them.

Watch out for their heavy archers. Those boys have armour piercing maces as secondaries and the Mongols like to charge them into melee. Focus fire on those and heavy lancers first.

... also enjoying my game (normal/normal for little ol'me).

found that the halberd militias do a nice job as well, seeming to get a lot more kills than my other (earlier) militias.
    Last edited by Soulitaire; 01-04-2007 at 20:41.
    - Soulitaire

I've played with just about every faction to turn 50ish and I've beeen far and away more successful with the Turks than anybody else (well maybe the Moors too). That being said I think a lot of it came from a very fortunate first 6 turns. The first thing I did was queue enough units to start a Jihad from Iconium. 2nd turn I ambitiously called a crusade to Constantinople and hired mercs. 3rd turn I progressed towards Nicaea. The 4th turn I seiged it with the faction heir and 1 unit defending it. 5th turn took it, left one unit garrison, hired a boat and a few more mercs, and seiged Constantinople on the same turn. 6th turn took Constantinople with Alexius guarding it, and much to my surprise the Byzantines were eliminated. As I said, I think there were some lucky breaks involved. On turn 6 as I was seiging a big enough force to retake Nicaea seiged it, but with them being eliminated the seige got lifted.

I haven't gone west of Constantinople yet as I get a cheap thrill out of defending it against crusades. The defenders there are getting close to gold experience chevrons from the amount of carnage they've taken part in. Otherwise I can't say there's been much strategy in my expansion. Anytime I was able to call a Jihad I'd call one against a rebel province in the area. Once I got Antioch it seemed like I couldn't lose money if I tried and I then proceeded to just swarm the Egyptians off the map. Only went as far north as Tblisi in the other direction and am just keeping a medium sized garrison up there, but not expecting any surprises from my neighbors, at least until the Mongols arrive.

Default Re: The Turks - A Solution to the Mongol Problem

I will now provide you with a unique way to deal with the Mongol invasion in the Turkish campaign. (The rest of this paragraph is an introduction to my situation. You may move on to the next paragraph if you wish :) )I was playing with the Turks on VH/VH. My main armies were defending against a crusade on Constantinople and on a campaign to conquer North Africa. I had already dealt with the Byzantines and the Egyptians and was in control of all of their lands. Most of my provinces were cities so producing those massive stacks to battle the Mongols were out of the question. I could produce them but I could not replace my armies. I was ready to lose all my provinces as far as Antioch and hold them there. Then this idea struck me.

Since I had a really powerful economy, I could afford many agents, namely assassins. I mass produced them and sent them to the eastern border. The Mongols invasion began in the Baghdad province. I had about 25 or so assassins in the region and every turn every city continued producing assassins to replenish the ones lost during missions. After 3-4 turns I had slain all of the Mongol generals and the beautiful faction destroyed message appeared. I did the same thing against the Timurids as well. So I was able to destroy those Mongols without firing a single arrow. Hope this helps...

I've been playing a new campaign as the turks and I have a few notes on why the mongols beat me, and why this time I have destroyed their faction (3 times so far).

Why I failed in my previous campaign:

* I converted all my far eastern settlements (Baghdad, Mosul, tiblsi, Edessa etc) into castles thinking they would produce the best troops and would be the easiest to defend.

* I neglected to tech up my cities to produce the top level Janissary troops.

* I was playing on the default 2 years per turn setting. This didnt give me anywhere near enough time to tech up my settlements before the mongols arrived.

* I decided to fight them on the walls of my castles instead of the many river crossings in the area. This gave them time to bring all their stacks onto the map before they attacked me.

Why I have succeeded (so far) in my current campaign:

* All far eastern settlements have been converted (or left as) cities.

* I changed to using the 1 year per turn setting and this has enabled me to tech up all infantry buildings and armouries in the far eastern settlements to the highest level.

* I have attack every Mongol stack less than 3/4 full in the field with overwhelming missile superiority with the intent of killing their general.

* I used the bridge crossing south of Baghdad and the river crossings south of Mosul and west of Baghdad to destroy every stack that has been sent onto the map.

The secret Mongol killer

Stakes! Jannisary archers can place the same stakes longbow men can. This means you can destroy Mongol stacks on bridges and river crossings without losing more than 10-15% of your stack.

I am hoping that stakes work against timurids because if they do I think they can be wiped out fairly easily aswell.

Thanks to all the suggestions posted here, my present campaign is far more enjoyable than the last Turkish one I played.

Cheers

Just as a heads up for people using assassins to kill off the Mongols, there are 3 waves I believe, and even if you kill the first stack and get the "Faction Destroyed" message they will come back. I was quite surprised as I had planned for their arrival and had a stack of trained up killers waiting. They came at Yerevan and they were eliminated in 4 turns. Thinking they were done I sent my assassins north to harrass Sarkel when much to my surprise a new stack appeared myabe 10 turns later. The bad news was they sacked Tbsili and it went rebel before I could eliminate them again, but at least they just sacked it and didn't occupy it. So now I'm leaving the assassins there for the third and final wave. One moire thing, don't just leave one Mongol Khan/General/Heir alive at the end of the turn if you can help it, as they always seem to respawn one the next turn. Leave 2 and don't bother killing just one if you just have one assassin turn left, wait til next turn when you have them all ready.

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

The Turks are probably my most played faction so I´ve elaborated a lot with different strategies. One thing that I´ve yet NOT found an optimal solution for is placement of castles.
    In my first games I kept castles only in Adana, Acre and Gaza but later found that I really was making alot more money if I converted theese to settlements instead - "if u can build a port, choose settlement". So I moved my few castles to provinces like Yerevan, Aleppo and in some cases Mosul or Baghdad.
    With the Turks I like to blitz then turtle. Coquering the ast needed settlements in the very end of the game. Initially I try to secure the Bosphorus and Kaukasus. Towards the Fatmids I usually secure Acre, Jerusalem and Damascus. Taking Edessa and Baghdad usually leaves them with only Jedda on "my" side of the fence. I try to keep the peace with them for as long as possible since I consider them my brothers but eventually, before the mongol and timurid onslaught they are usually gone and sometimes I even go for the rest of Africa.
    I´ve found that a very few amount of castles are needed, for any faction, much fewer than I initially understood. So for a Turkish empire stretching eventually from the Kaukasus to the Gibraltar I ususally settle for castles in Timbuktu, Aleppo and Yerevan.

Any other strats or input?

I've just started A turks campaign on H/H and having a great time. The only problem I've found is that with HA heavy armies sieging becomes infuriating. I'll end up being hemmed in narrow streets by spearmen and theres no room for my cav to move. Any Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_Thompson
    I've just started A turks campaign on H/H and having a great time. The only problem I've found is that with HA heavy armies sieging becomes infuriating. I'll end up being hemmed in narrow streets by spearmen and theres no room for my cav to move. Any Advice
    Dont assault settlements. Starve them out instead, and when they sally on the last turn crush them in the field.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_Thompson
    I always use two stacks in pairs, one field stack and one siege-stack. My fieldstack contains only siphais and my primary general. My siege stack contains good infantry and siege-weapons and my secondary general. This way I can assault with infantry or auto-calc with litttle losses and offensively I can hammer the enemy with HA´s then bring in my infantry. But most of the time the enemy routs before I have to bring them in.
    As the Turks you basically only have two fronts to maintain so this works very well.

Thanks to the posts above, my second campaign, compared to the English meatgrinder, with the Turks has been fun. On M/M, patched to 1.1, with the default number of years per turn, anyway, there are far more non-siege battles and strategic challenges.

From the start, my Turks decided to prepare for the Mongols. The aim was to accelerate a strong economy, first to develop the technology needed to resist the hordes, and second to build up the Eastern cities' defences. In the field we wanted Janissary archers with their cavalry-killing stakes and ultimately, muskets and handguns; in the cities, we wanted ballista towers and thick, high walls. Troop production was to be centred in Antioch and Acre. The Final Showdown with the hordes was to going to be river crossings across the Euphrates River, West of Edessa, and centred around Aleppo.

This is how it turned out...

On day one, one Turk army struck West quickly, relying largely on Caesarea's horse archers to overrun Asia Minor, and in a bold thrust bypassed Byzantium's armies and took Constantinople by Jihad around 100 years earlier than the Turks did in reality, and before Byzantium had even reached Trebizond. Meanwhile a second corps took the two islands of Cyprus and Rhodes for their port-based economies. It then opened a second, lower priority front South to take Adana and Antioch, before facing down the Egpytians in Damascus and Acre and subsequently taking all of the middle East in the name of the Sultan.

In the West, a couple of high piety imams went to preach the one true faith in Rome once Constantinople had been taken, and this distracted the Christians sufficiently to deter any crusades for a century -- until the Turks had all of Italy under their heel, when another story unfolded...

Taking Constantinople attracted the attentions of the remaining Byzantium forces, Hungarians, the Venetians and the Milanese. While fending these off, the Turks sent a marauding army to strike out North and West, assaulting and sacking cities with mercenaries rather than seiging, filling the state's coffers. Despite the action in the West, The loot was prioritised into troop, cavalry and armour upgrades in Antioch and Acre above all other needs. The rest was spent on the economy and the cheaper population contentment buildings.

Three successive waves of Mongol invaders duly arrived around Baghdad and North in Tbilisi, but joined up near Mosul and headed West towards Edessa. They bypassed all the by now heavily garrisoned cities and reached the Euphrates river, about 50km West of Edessa... There were two nervous Turk armies waiting for them, sitting astride the crossings South West and North West of Edessa, steeled with armour and stiffened with cavalry veterans of the Jihads of liberation in the Middle East. Overconfidant, the Mongols assaulted West towards Aleppo across the Euphrates into a narrow defile to be confronted with two rows of the Janissary Archers' stakes. Their cavalry was impaled, and their infantry milled around, trapped, as three trebuchet, three janissary archers, five Ottoman infantry, and sundry Sipahis fired down into the mob. The sky was black with arrows. Some infantry broke out and tried to climb the cliff walls but were charged by the Turks' armoured Sipahi Lancers. The Mongols' general died under a fiery rock and his surving troops broke and ran. The entire stack perished, cut down as they fled by Sipahi Lancers held in reserve. A second stack attacked immediately and met the same fate, for the loss of only around two hundred Turk in total.

The Mongols milled around near Edessa for a few years as the Turks recruited another army near Aleppo. The invention of gunpowder and upgraded Armourers in Antioch finally gave us toughened Janissary Musketeers and Hand Gunners. The minor losses on the Euphrates front were gradually replaced and the gunpowder troups introduced just as the Mongols tried to break through across the Uephrates again. The slap of musket balls and bombards felling the hordes, who were terrified of these outlandish weapons, replaced the hiss of arrows. By 1340, all of the Eastern invaders had perished -- most of them turning the Euphrates into a river of blood amd drifting bodies.

In the West, the Sultan's forces conquered the Italian peninsula by way of a literal toe hold in Palermo, and worked their way up as far as Milan, battling the Milanese, Venetians and Sicilians all the way. The homeless pope wandered the peninsula and finally called a crusade, which brought all of Christendom down upon the Turks, thankfully just after the Mongols had been crushed in the East. Over 10 years, two veteran armies narrowly fought off successive Portuguese, Spanish, Polish, Milanese and Venetian crusaders. The Turk navy sank an English fleet with its army just off the coast of Rome.

Conquering the neighbouring islands of Ajaccio and Cagliari won the campaign game around 1350.

Continuing on, the Timurids arrived in 1374, way north in the Sarkel region... But that's another story.

One thing you should not neglect with the Turks is to declare Jihad(I know I neglected it in my first few games.) Whenever you can, declare a Jihad. There are many benefits...

1. Your beginning imam Baraka can declare a Jihad. I use him to declare a Jihad on Baghdad, Antioch or Constantinople. It depends on your starting strategy really.

2. Do not forget to send some imams to Christian provinces so that they get high piety and become Jihad capable.

3. Declare a Jihad whenever possible. The benefits are
    - Jihad armies move much faster. You will gain a lot of mobility through the use of Jihads. You will be able to reposition your armies much more easily through the use of Jihads.
    - Your generals get many bonuses after a successful Jihad. They become highly chivalric, and earn a lot of stars.
    - Your units get chevrons for free.
    - You get access to two Jihad specific low upkeep infantries. They will play a key role in your armies in the early period. They make really nice shock troops, or you can just make them defend your cities at a low upkeep. Turks just do not have the necessary infantry early game. Jihads fill that niche.
    - You do not pay any upkeep for armies in a Jihad. You can quickly turn this into an economic advantage. Siege a large city with a Jihad and make your generals join the Jihad with their armies. Keep on sieging the city until it surrenders. The Jihad allows you to pay no upkeep for all those stacks and if you built even a semi-decent economy, you will be swimming in cash in no time.

Turcs on H/VH.

Take Constantinople/Byzantium is your goal.
    You can be friend with the Egyptians, not Byzance.

Use loads of archers.
    Use mercenaries troops at the start.
    Move against Byzance from the start.
    If you get attacked besieging, you are in a very mountanious and will defend
    from a very high position. You will win 1/10.
    Once Constantinople/Byzantium is yours you will be numero uno.

From then on the game get more and more easy/boring.
    So its not a good strategy. But its a winning one.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Would someone be so kind as to tell me what I'll need to tech my cities up to,and build, for me to be able to recruit the Janissary type of troops ? I've read cities are the way to go, so I reckon it 'll be huge cities with the highest level barrack ?

I'm about in turn 30 in my current campaign, since the mongols turn op around seventy turns later (right?) I was wondering if I'd actually be able to have Janissary concentrated armies by then.

Last edited by Dutch_guy; 02-24-2007 at 14:45.
    I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_guy
    Would someone be so kind as to tell me what I'll need to tech my cities up to,and build, for me to be able to recruit the Janissary type of troops ? I've read cities are the way to go, so I reckon it 'll be huge cities with the highest level barrack ?

I'm about in turn 30 in my current campaign, since the mongols turn op around seventy turns later (right?) I was wondering if I'd actually be able to have Janissary concentrated armies by then.

Dutch_guy,

Janissary heavy infantry is available when you build a Dar al-Imara, which is a town hall building, at large city level.

Janissary archers are available after you build militia barracks, at huge city level.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelus
    Dutch_guy,

Janissary heavy infantry is available when you build a Dar al-Imara, which is a town hall building, at large city level.

Janissary archers are available after you build militia barracks, at huge city level.
    Also, just to let you know Dutch if you haven't fought Mongols before, don't bring any Janissary heavy infantry, bring dismounted sipahis or saracen militia instead. The only melee you're going to get into are charges by Mongol heavy cav, which will wipe out your expensive JHI in a hurry (example: Mongol general charges a unit of my JHI, I lose about 90 men in 120 in less than 5 sec.).

I try to pick 1 city to preferably tech up to Huge so I can get the Janissary archers quickly, who, with their stakes, is an instrumental unit in fighting Mongols. Now Antioch, fully teched out, will make you 10k a turn, so that should be the first city you'd want to tech up (if I remember correctly, Iconium wasn't that far ahead of Antioch as far as buildings when I took it on what, turn 2 or 3?).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast