Quote Originally Posted by Iavorios
I mean DFK will always perform better than the norse axemen, or the obmbudsier. I don't like it, but it's a fact, unless you mode your game. Just test them on hard difficulty on custom battle. The dismounted huskarls are good, cheap and easy to get, but are weaker. So the only reason to use norse axemen and obmbudsier is to feal more unique game and pure fun, or make the game harder. In both cases you have my respect .
I'm sorry Iavorios, but I think you a missing a vital point.

First of all, it seems you hugely overestimate the power of the DFK. I agree that they have and incredible talent for staying alive thanks to they wooping 21 defence, but their attack is a measly 13 with no bonuses (AC / AP) and going against anything more armored then a low-end swordsman would be bad tactics unless its defensively. Their a no-brain unit if there ever was one. Thou they are good tanks (disregarding their lack of killing power), perfect meat shields and their high morals let you charge them anything and anywhere without them running away.

So you tested them in a head-on collision with some axemen? It should have been a forgone conclusion. Axemens 17AP attack is fighting DFKs 21 defense (17,5 with AP reduction), while as DFKs meager 13 attack is sufficient to take out the axemens no-shield defense of 11.
Try another custom where you have 2 DFKs vs 1 axe + 1 DFK (or even norse swordsmen). Have the swordsmen charge into battle (preferably engaging both DFKs) and the axemen flank. Since the DFK cant kill anything with more armor then a garden snail, you'll have plenty of time to position you axemen for a full speed flank charge. Bare in mind that axemens charge bonus are second to non and rarely match and they will slaughter through the DFKs like nothing else can.

Its all about tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Iavorios
I personally hoped for a very powerful axe to handed sword units, and some spears. Instead we got a typical catoliks whith powerful FK, DFK and CK. I expected infatry heavy armies, and i got cav heavy instead.
I'm sorry, are we playing the same game? Denmark has 9 different infantry units and only 2 light (Including Viking Raiders, which in my book, can hardly be called "light"). No other faction has more then 8 infantry units and their axemen are only bested by some of the late noble swordsmen. They almost total lack of middle age spearmen are annoying at best, thou combining high attack/AP axes and high defence swordsmen makes up for some of it.

The fact that they late cav's, are par with every other faction, is a general game flaw, in that it bases most late cavs on guildhouses and general building (thus standardizing all factions to FKs, CKs and small variety of noble/religious knights). Thou and interesting note, the Norse War Clerics's AP proficiency is quite unique and actually put them at par with any other highend cav, if fighting heavy armored units and not charging.

Still working on that "Norse Archer" post