I'm playing with Scotland now and I'm 180 turns or so in the game. I have expanded carefully and built myself an elite army but when I lifted the fog of war with "toggle_fow" I saw that my empire was well overclassed by the Mongols. Ever since they arrived they have expanded ruthlessly, annihilating the Turks and Egypt. The entire Middle-East is under their control and loads of Mongol stacks roam the Levant. I'm glad that they are far away from my safe Highlands. I assume they'll end up as the most powerful faction when the year hits 1530 (=end of the game). My question now is: how are they doing in your campaign? Are they the dominant power in the Middle-East? Have you fought them? And how do they cope with the Timurids?

In my campaign the Mongols have a strong empire. The only immediate threat to them... are the Timurids. That's a bit ironic since the Timurids are supposed to be a danger for the islamic factions (including the territory of Anatolia). Now they arrived in the mountains of Armenia with several full stacks and they are constantly battling the Mongols even though historically Timur admired Genghis and claimed his legacy. I would bet on the Mongols since the Timurids haven't managed to capture a single city in ... what, 60 years? They arrived in 1362 or so and it's now 1432. And the Mongols have a large army to browbeat them into submission...

Btw, with all those armies there I don't think a christian crusade is ever going to succeed in capturing Jerusalem, hah.