Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M2TW FAQ and Strategy Tips

Default defend east

another tip how to beat mongol invasion. It is hard for two reasons: strong cavalry and countless cavalry

wait them at your fortress. use unit with fortification option ,archers for example. set them right at main gate and clik fortification ,they will set wall of wooden pikes. the other units set to main roads to town's squere and do the same. after the battle starts - retread your archers to safe place -upper castle for example and wait until mongols crush your gate and walls. If they done they will send their cavalry to centre of town - if you are lucky they will go thru main gate ...and they will die stacked on your pickes. All those who survive ( very few) or those who choosed another hole in wall they probably get stacked on another pike wall on main street anyway. When mongols lost their hosemen the invadors become weak ,strike them before they rebuild their forces.

Platinum Member Member Anonymous II's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: M2TW FAQ and Strategy Tips

Man, this thread was really really useful!

Thanks so much to all contributers!

Default Re: M2TW FAQ and Strategy Tips

Spies

if u dont want to attack a faction for there city but really NEED the city, spam with 4-5 SPIES. have 2 assasins constantly destroying happiness buildings...

be careful tho, once u take it happiness will be LOW, so exterminate populace.

Default Re: Tips and FAQ for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by Daveybaby
    There's a 'dont play this type of animation again' checkbox when an animation is playing, so assuming your PC manages to get that far, you should be able to disable them one by one for a given campaign.
    During my first week of play, (I bought the game just when it came out in the UK), I accidentally pressed the "Don't show animation again button" with the spy video. I still get the videos with the assasins, but how can I re-activate the spy animation again?
    BYZANTIUM WILL ENDURE ANY INFIDEL ASSAULT!
    (General 129)

Quote Originally Posted by hirins
    about assasin
    actually i some how managed to kill inquisitor was not the strongest one but still an idiot who hates everybody (assasin had 4 star level)..
    During my Sicilian campaign an 8-star assasin of mine killed three Popes in a row. Who can beat that?
    BYZANTIUM WILL ENDURE ANY INFIDEL ASSAULT!
    (General 129)

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Heh, at the end of my English campaign I surrounded Rome with assassins and killed every Pope who showed up for almost a hundred years. I was bored (And they were mostly my own Popes).

Strategy tip? Don't anger the Pope until you can surround Rome with assassins.

For some reason I can't edit the descr_strat file. Everytime I try to save the edited version it tells me I have the incorrect path or file name, which I don't. Suggestions please as I really want to get rid of the green arrows and also play as the Russians.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

That's because its read-only. Remove that from its properties and you should be fine.
    As for arrow markers, you want to change that in your preference.cfg. arrow_markers = 0
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

No tried it already and just tried again. Everytime I change so it isn't read only, then try and save it it tells me that it's read only. Just keep going round in circles which end up telling me it can't create the file.

Default How do you build a fort/watchtower

despite winnint several short and long campaigns I can't seem to figure out how to build a fort.

Default Re: How do you build a fort/watchtower

Quote Originally Posted by IBeSly
    despite winnint several short and long campaigns I can't seem to figure out how to build a fort.
    I do not build forts, but as far as I know it the same procedure as building watch towers. You have to select a general in the campaign map, then open the construction tab where you will find both watch towers and forts. To recruit mercenaries, you click on the recruitment symbol.

Hope it helps.

Does anybody know where i can find the tool that Yas created, the link from the begining of this topic does't work

Default Re: Citadel FAQ and Strategy Tips

Quote Originally Posted by econ21
    [color=blue]
    Chapter 2: Managing your kingdom

For Catholics, the Election of a Pope allows you to conduct diplomatic negotiations with Catholic powers without having to go to the trouble of sending a diplomat to them.
    Can somebody confirm this? How does it work, if it's true?

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gigermann
    Can somebody confirm this? How does it work, if it's true?
    I can confirm.

Every time a Pope dies a new election is called. You then get a scroll to engage in diplomacy and try to sway other factions Cardinals in any way you want.

You get a new diplomatic offer on that scroll (get cardinal vote, or some such...)

But that doen't prevent you from making other offers such as trade rights, alliances, military access or gift of land or tribute

Of course, this is only possible with Catholic nations.

If you have difficulties reaching some of those Catholic factions with a diplomat, sending an assassin down to Rome is a sure way to be able to engage in world-wide negociations
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

You seeing this in a mod or something? I "forced" a new papal election, and reviewed all the following scrolls a number of times (the vote announcement, the vote, the movie, and the "aftermath"), but can find no place allowing for any such diplomacy. Or am I just totally missing it?

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

No, in the vanilla game... You truly must be missing it...

When you get the vote scroll, there is an option to engage in diplomacy with all the catholic factions (non-excomm)...

Can't remember exactly how (was sometime I got my last pope killing spree) but there is definitely an option to engage in diplomacy...

Maybe by clicking on the faction shields on the vote scroll or something of the kind... Using the in-game advisor at this point might be useful...
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Found the problem. The game I was playing I had been in total control of the College of Cardinals since the first election—there was only one Cardinal from another faction at that point, so his vote was not undecided. You can conduct diplomacy with undecided countries. Click on the shield.

Thanx for the help.

Default Some Observations

edit
    Last edited by locked_thread; 07-18-2008 at 02:11.

Default Re: Some Observations

Is it possible to play as New France or England in Americas campaign?

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

I think so, do you know about the descr_strat files?

edit: I know the descr_strat files works for MIITW, but never tried it on Kingdoms.
    Last edited by Quintus.JC; 05-30-2008 at 12:36.

I defeated the mongols by hiring 4 stacks of merc Elephants and engaging them in the battlefield,lost all my merc butkilled all there good generals and 70% of there good calvary,so after than,well you do the math.

for the mongols if u can bear undeveloping some regions u will leave fords which are much easier to defend than bridges. as the horde toils up the slope out of the river they tend to bunch tightly together. with a mass of archers- in my case it was Mamluk horse archers- the crossfire wiped out more than a third of th mongol army. then as they spread out and attempt to engage in melee u can fight aggressively having gained the upper hand.

I have a quick question: how do I kill (or get rid of) enemy spies in my cities?

I have a spy in one of my cities, it keeps spotting an enemy spy, but I don't know what to do about it to kill him. He's been there some time now.
    I support Israel

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

Put a spy in that city. Or more if the enemy spy is very good. I had once 5 of my own spies in Dijon but one Milanese spy kept opening the gates and was causing unrest.
    Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Alphonse View Post
    Put a spy in that city. Or more if the enemy spy is very good. I had once 5 of my own spies in Dijon but one Milanese spy kept opening the gates and was causing unrest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo_H View Post
    I have a quick question: how do I kill (or get rid of) enemy spies in my cities?

I have a spy in one of my cities, it keeps spotting an enemy spy, but I don't know what to do about it to kill him. He's been there some time now.
    Sorry, didn't make it clear, but I knew that much haha! Well as it happens that seems like the only way to kill them/kick them out. If they are only kicked out of the city, you can see them un-stealthed for one turn after, and to kill them I believe you can use the old surrounding tactic on the campaign map (place a unit on every tile around the spy that it is adjacent to, to prevent any escape, and then move a unit onto the spy). Maybe that works?
    Last edited by Lorenzo_H; 12-26-2008 at 11:46.
    I support Israel

I have no TGAs file in my SEGA directory. How do I get screenshots?
    A single leaf falls,
    then suddenly another,
    stolen by the breeze

RANSETSU (1654-1707)

Its in your m2tw directory, not sega.
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 01-05-2009 at 13:27.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

No,it's not there either.

There are Cache, Config, Data, Logs , Miles, Mods, Packs, Preferences, Saves, Tools oh and Temp-that's it. No other folders.
    A single leaf falls,
    then suddenly another,
    stolen by the breeze

RANSETSU (1654-1707)

No matter, just take some screenshots and it'll appear.

Thanks, for your replies, FactionHeir.

What prompted me to ask was that i have taken screenshots but they re not appearing...anywhere.
    A single leaf falls,
    then suddenly another,
    stolen by the breeze

RANSETSU (1654-1707)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast