Thread: After much testing i have come to the conclusion about BI AI and religion.

Default After much testing i have come to the conclusion about BI AI and religion.

I have been playing an internal build of RTR AE that features BI with religion and AI actually works realisticily now! You can form alliances easier and everything and the AI forums alliances against those that arent the same religion as them. For example in RTR macedon is a bit overpowered and eats up greek cities. Now they form an alliance and go conquer barbarians to the north together. I think you guys should seriously think about BI with religion for a later build at some time. I meen alliances no longer meen a peace that lasts 5% longer. The AI actually works properly now its a miracle! Well i suggest you get it in for 0.9.
    Anyone else played with BI AI with religion implemented in culture have to say anything about this? Only unrealistic thing would be youd have the 2 gallic factions working together but im sure you could work around this. I think you guys should add it in after youve done 0.8 build just for fun and see what its like . Makes things quite a bit more interesting i have to say.
    Imperator de Basileia Ton Romaion-A "The long road" M2tw AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...41#post1657841
    Click here if you want to know what a freshly shaven **** looks like.

"Audacity, always audacity!" Member Simmons's Avatar

Default Re: After much testing i have come to the conclusion about BI AI and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarbiter
    Only unrealistic thing would be youd have the 2 gallic factions working together but im sure you could work around this
    This would also apply to the Diadachoi otherwise a quater of the map would sit around doing nothing
    Last edited by Simmons; 11-14-2006 at 22:54. Reason: Gah dam spelling.

“By push of bayonets, no firing till you see the whites of their eyes”
    - Friedrich der Große

Default Re: After much testing i have come to the conclusion about BI AI and religion.

Does it make forming alliances with people of a diffrent culture harder than people of the same? I'm not sure I like that.

Post Re: After much testing i have come to the conclusion about BI AI and religion.

EB have continually said that they have no plans to move to BI. If they were to move to BI it would slow them down anyway so whats the point? BI is now a legacy engine anyway, we have moddable M2.

First Macedon and KH should hate each others guts. Shaking hands and skipping off into Dacia together would be just wrong.
    I had a game in BI as the Western Roman Empire. The Eastern empire had two hoards stomping around Greece, they were struggling in Asia Minor, so what do they do about the situation? They attack me despite getting along fine and me being the strongest faction with a tough garrison guarding the city. The BI AI is just as retarded as its predecessors.

It takes just about all the restraint I can possibly muster just to restrict my comments to you to this:

We aren't making 1.0 for BI.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    It takes just about all the restraint I can possibly muster just to restrict my comments to you to this:

We aren't making 1.0 for BI.
    And i blame you for this.

The BI religion feature has been in use by the Imperator II mod for RTRPE for a while to represent cultural influences, and I think it works fantastically! It makes certain regions far more difficult for some factions to keep control of than ever before; as Rome, for example, maintaining peace in cities without Graeco-Roman influence (Christianity in the files) is extremely difficult and forces the player to invest a lot more money in garrisons and buildings/governors that affect the culture influence.

As an aside, I *think* it's a feature that can be added to 1.5 as well. Haven't really tried it out, though.

Note it isnt for BI its for BI.exe In other words it can be added with minimal added install time and with the same installer that the 1.5 ppl use (I think im not too sure if it does work after uve added religion... but still 2 installers isnt that hard). Therefore if you have spare time you could do it and it certainly wouldnt detract from anything but time. Well anyway religion adds a layer of difficulty that doesnt neccasarily meen adding bonuses to AI. IMHO anything that makes the game harder for player and not for AI is a reason to decrease AI money scripts which is good! It meens a harder game without sacraficing too much gameplay.

Anyway just giving hints to anyone whos looking to do a minimod for EB. Adding religion in is a very practical one to do.
    One more question though? Will you add sheildwall to units in 1.0 (takes very small amount of time to do doesnt affect RTW users whatsoever and can be used with same installer)? and ofcourse units with schiltron etc. Although while were here does anyone know the hardcode limit of religion for M2TW?

P.S. About Macedon and greek cities i take that back wasnt watching them closely enough. Macedon took all of greece but declared a ceasefire after leaving greece with epirus. Although they are working together atm.
    Last edited by Darkarbiter; 11-15-2006 at 11:35.
    Imperator de Basileia Ton Romaion-A "The long road" M2tw AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...41#post1657841
    Click here if you want to know what a freshly shaven **** looks like.