Thread: vassals

Default vassals

hope I spelled it right

playing as English, France had offered me to be their Vassals (servants)

they were giving 1 of their provinces to me, and good amount of money to me in exchange to became their vassals

im cuorios what does mean being a vassal ? (in economic, political and military way)

of course I refused

but then again I was wondering, if maybe I accepted, take them one richy province, and good amount of cash and then make a rebbelion against Franch

love that feature, find it real, but can someone explain exactly the possibilites of "vassal" scenario?

Default Re: vassals

I think it's like an alliance only military rights are automatically given too

Default Re: vassals

In France, a vassal was a noble who was given land by a higher ranked noble in exchange of military and economic support. Usually it was an honor reserved to knights.

It was accomplished through a ceremony called "Cérémonie de l'Hommage" by which the new Vassal was swearing fidelity and protection to the people of his land and the other lands protected by the other vassals of the liege.

I guess when a lord called his vassals to go to war, it's what u call "Calling the banners" in England.
    "He could hear her still at times. Promise me, she had cried, in a room that smelled of blood and roses, Promise me, Ned. The fever had taken her strength and her voice had been faint as a whisper, but when he gave her his word, the fear had gone out of his sister's eyes."
    Eddard and Lyanna Stark about Jon Snow Targaryen.