Thread: idea for CA to alleviate AI turns taking forever

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Default idea for CA to alleviate AI turns taking forever

Im thinking that when the player turns off the option to follow AI armies while it isnt his turn that for his next turn there are arrows (similar to the ones used to show your own troop movements) on the map showing the routes that AI armies and characters took while it was their turn. That way the player doesnt have to sit through watching every single army move but can still see where and how the AI has moved.

For even more information, the arrows can be in the proper faction colors and have some other form of marking to designate what type of unit it was (army with captain, army with general, priest, princess, diplomat, etc).

What does everyone else think?

Default Re: idea for CA to alleviate AI turns taking forever

It's a good idea, but until we see just how messy that would make the map, it's hard to say - there are always a lot of moves.

Maybe you could click some faction symbol to just show movements one or two factions at a time might make it simpler.

Or just press space like in the battle map... Showing only the arrows, with an information tooltip.

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

I dont mind the armies, its the stupid princess/diplomats trying to bribe my cities every turn with their stupidly slow animations that you cant speed up that bothers me.
    If anything, CA should just shorten the animations by about half. Maybe fix the issue where armies stand around for ten minutes before doing their attack animation during the AI's turn.
    And fix the bug where the AI freezes until you click the mouse sometimes.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

I wanna be a real boy! Member chunkynut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sheogorath
    I dont mind the armies, its the stupid princess/diplomats trying to bribe my cities every turn with their stupidly slow animations that you cant speed up that bothers me.
    Yeah that is the annoying part, I assume they are trying to bribe my cities - so they get a house call from Dr Assasin to speed it up a bit ;)

Other than that use the turn time to have a toliet break or make some food (note: Don't, for christ's sake, do both at the same time)

there are too many animations on the map, near venice there is a mass of them, armies, spies, assassins, princess's, heratics, merchants, diplomats and priests.
    n.batey

BLEEEE! Senior Member Daveybaby's Avatar

Yeah same here, i dont really have a problem with the watching the AI's armies move, it's watching the agents go through their tediously slow animations that takes all the time.

The most tedious culprits are the princesses, but mostly because they seem to get permanently stuck outside a city and you get to see the animation EVERY TURN. I had 2 scottish princesses standing outside dublin from pretty much the beginning of the game right up until i took out scotland around turn 80 or 90. Tedious as hell after a while.

That and the inquisitors creeping around really slowly...