Thread: I love the Game BUT...

Exclamation I love the Game BUT...

Please someone help me. Is the patch going to fix this. I like to look down on the lower right hand side and see the year NOT the ROUND!! What kind of shananigans is this? It takes away from the realness a little I think. I could care a less what round it is but the year I do care about. I have a narrator in my head that likes to quote the year when I do something major. In any case like in RTW they could have given us the year and even the season sheesh. Overall I love the game another thing tho is this...Each turn is two years? What? Yes I am playing the short campaign and each turn is 2 years or so. NOT REALISTIC AT ALL!!! Are you trying to tell me it takes 2 years to march from Scotland back to London. NO wonder the wives were getting restless it took damn near 6 years to march across the street sheesh. I hope the patch addresses at least some of these issues. Any hoo I love the game but there are a couple of quirks that irk me. But still worth the money. TOTAL REALISM PEOPle this one is for you guys help us out lol. Later all live long and prosper.

Praeparet bellum Member Quillan's Avatar

Default Re: I love the Game BUT...

Go down into your data tree for the game, and find the descr_strat.txt file. Open that in notepad or worldpad. Find a line that reads "Show_date_as_turns" or something similar, and delete it. Voila.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

There is a thread here somewhere that tells you how to mod a file so you can increase the length of the game. As for that notification you request (turns etc), don't know about that

Thanks for the hint guys!