Thread: What's going on?

Default What's going on?

Okay! it may have to go in patch requests but Hey!!!! 6 units of yeoman archers firing flame arrows on a battering ram and F...all happens!!! no wonder they left 3 battering rams behind the Spanish new that this ram was invincible. Getting sick of all the problems I am getting with this game. This really has the makings of being something great but once again another complaint!!.............What has the community done to deserve this? Think I may go back and play Oblivion all you get with that game are mod upgrades

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Default Re: What's going on?

So your ditching a slightly buggy game for a game that crashes at the slightest provocation?
    Hm'kay.
    I suggest a bumrush of knights of some kind to deal with rams, BTW.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Do you expect the ram to catch fire after being hit once?

Historically, rams like the ones in the game, were very hard to put on fire.

Though i seem to get a 50/50 chance of putting a ram down.

Look! 6 units of quality yeoman firing flame arrows at an approaching ram some 500yards away should set it ablaze without any problems. If not than why bothering defending the walls. STOP defending a problem with the game :-(

Just an Oldfart Member Basileus's Avatar

Maybe it was raining :p

heh

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: What\\\'s going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    STOP defending a problem with the game :-(
    No one is allowed to disagree with you? I personally think the game is just fine. Rams do not burst into flames just by sneezing at them like in RTW, but they still get to the walls well less than half the time in my games. Every fire arrow shot has a small probability of igniting the ram. Since that probability is not 100%, there will always be a chance of the ram surviving, even if you have 20 units of English Timetravel Flamethrower Druids shooting at them. Most of the time the ram will ignite, but there is always a small chance that it will not. You seem upset because the odds did not work out in your favor on one single battle. I think you need to relax.
    Last edited by TinCow; 11-16-2006 at 21:17.

Did you lose the battle cause of that ram? If you did its your own fault. You should have had inf standing behind the gate as a last resort.

Second off historically rams did not catch fire easily as someone already said. They were enforced with anti-conbustibles underneath the animal hides on top of the ram.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

To the original poster - this is not a forum to rant.