Thread: The Mongols and Timurids are now fully playable

Default The Mongols and Timurids are now fully playable

It took me some time yesterday (4PM - 4AM) to make them work and some interesting scripting - but here they are working in campaign mode. Lemme know if you have any bugs or issues. I need to know if all is perfect (in the todays MTW2 modding limits of course).

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=72517

Enjoy,
    Burebista / Cain
    Modding Arts Inc.
    Lead Producer for :
    EAW Warlord Demo Mod - 2489 downloads
    SWR ProtectorateTSB TC, SWR AN II,III Series - 20.340 total downloads

Default Re: The Mongols and Timurids are now fully playable

cool thank you! im almost through with my hre campaign and laying waste to the west as the mongols sounds like fun!

Hi,

Isn't there a way to just make those factions playable without the other stuff in your mod sir?

No Disrespect meant BTW.

Hellas1- Thank you for your hard work!

You mean without the aztecs? Yup - it can be done - maybe early next week on version 1.8 or 1.9 you will have that done as optional play mode.
    Modding Arts Inc.
    Lead Producer for :

Hi Callatian,

No sir, I meant the Mongols, Timurids, Papal States and Aztecs as playable factions.

Thank you, Hellas1

No sir, I meant the Mongols, Timurids, Papal States and Aztecs as playable factions.
    But they really are playable.

Do you prefer them separated - one at a time - or all present at the start of the campaign. But I strongly believe that because I give 1-2 units to France and the Byzantines and help the rebels resist one more siege in 2-3 provinces - I didn't unbalanced the game. Plus if you are playing any of the new factions you are so far away that you will not notice any difference.
    Last edited by Callatian; 11-19-2006 at 18:58.
    Modding Arts Inc.
    Lead Producer for :

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Callatian
    But they really are playable.

Do you prefer them separated - one at a time - or all present at the start of the campaign. But I strongly believe that because I give 1-2 units to France and the Byzantines and help the rebels resist one more siege in 2-3 provinces - I didn't unbalanced the game. Plus if you are playing any of the new factions you are so far away that you will not notice any difference.
    Can you make the mongols playable when they spawn? Like the original Mongols? The way the mod for BI made spawning factions playabale?
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by hellenes
    Can you make the mongols playable when they spawn? Like the original Mongols? The way the mod for BI made spawning factions playabale?
    Yes - but it is a lot of work just updateing the world to maych their invasion armies power ;)
    Modding Arts Inc.
    Lead Producer for :

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can't make the Mongols and Timurids spawn like the BI mod. What you can do, and what I think Callatian is suggesting, is change the campaign map so that it starts at a later date and have the M & T playable from the beginning.

I am happy to be proved wrong that the same technique used in my All Factions mod for BI can be used for M2TW because it was the first thing I tried.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Quote Originally Posted by Epistolary Richard
    Actually, I'm pretty sure you can't make the Mongols and Timurids spawn like the BI mod. What you can do, and what I think Callatian is suggesting, is change the campaign map so that it starts at a later date and have the M & T playable from the beginning.

I am happy to be proved wrong that the same technique used in my All Factions mod for BI can be used for M2TW because it was the first thing I tried.
    Indeed - that will be the most useful solution - I mean there is no other way with gameplay sense to spawn those huge Mongol armies from the start - when the Europe is not ready. And to make it ready you need to change the buildings and the troops in every city.

Btw http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t=69213&page=2 - the Invasion message arrives on time but it fails to activate the spawning of the armies because the Mongols are already on the map so the old script does not work with the new situation. Still I assume that it will not be difficult to link that simple scripted message with the spawning of some troops on the map at a certain turn. I personally will prefer if possible a helping hand with better scripting skills than mine.

I’d will take me too many hours to find the answer my self ... just to give the Mongols more Mongol armies while they already don't have any upkeep and dominate that area. I see no use in that for the moment - the map will be also needing updating.

I did find the best way to test scripting spawning
    Modding Arts Inc.
    Lead Producer for :

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

No What I meant was can they be made PLAYABLE as they spawn? Like a hotseat faction changing thing?
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Actually I can spawn them mate even if I play as them - pretty easy stuff - but it will blow your mind if you will see what crazy workaround I found this time.

Damn I hate my self - I should have worked for CA and not AE (Arab writing).
    Modding Arts Inc.
    Lead Producer for :

Unless you're using the control command then you're not using the method used in my BI mod - which is all that I was saying.

Spawning armies is not difficult, neither is starting the game with a horde faction. Playing as a faction which does not start off on the campaign map is what I found I couldn't do with M2 which I had done with BI.
    Last edited by Epistolary Richard; 11-22-2006 at 21:56.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Callatian
    Actually I can spawn them mate even if I play as them - pretty easy stuff - but it will blow your mind if you will see what crazy workaround I found this time.

Damn I hate my self - I should have worked for CA and not AE (Arab writing).
    Well would you mind telling us your oh-so-great workaround :P

Unless you're using the control command then you're not using the method used in my BI mod - which is all that I was saying.

Spawning armies is not difficult, neither is starting the game with a horde faction. Playing as a faction which does not start off on the campaign map is what I found I couldn't do with M2 which I had done with BI.
    Yes - the answer is around your reply. I did found one bug though :( if I script the aztecs to unfreeze if the human player is in control - the invasions don't come - damn.
    Modding Arts Inc.
    Lead Producer for :

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca
    Well would you mind telling us your oh-so-great workaround :P
    Not to forget - here you go:

faction timurids
    dead_until_resurrected
    faction timurids, balanced henry
    ai_label default
    denari 2500
    denari_kings_purse 300

As I said - quite a simple solution.
    Modding Arts Inc.
    Lead Producer for :

Discipulus et Magister Member Lord Condormanius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellas1
    Hi Callatian,

Thank you, Hellas1
    Can you just go into the descr_strat file and move them from non-playble to playable?
    "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."
    -Albert Einstein

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius
    Can you just go into the descr_strat file and move them from non-playble to playable?
    Nope - try it and see for your slef ;) you will get a lot of CTDs or freezes etc. CA never intended them to be playable so that factions had a lot of missing parts.

Btw alpaca I managed to fix the mongols without the need for that workaround.
    Last edited by Callatian; 11-28-2006 at 10:06.
    Modding Arts Inc.
    Lead Producer for :

Greetings Callatian,

I used your mod to play all factions and i found a problem.

The year starts later than usual and the aztecs are already dead when i start. This is the old part of the mod, then i tried modding so i was the aztecs, quite feeble coz all i did ws change aztecs to playable in descr strat, then i found out they died straight away so i change it back, each time i start another campaign a message instantly pops up saying the aztecs r dead.

Sun

PS: I imagine it would be quite diffficult being the papal states, will we be able to control the papal affairs and who gets excommunicated and whatnot when u finish making papal states valid for playing?
    Last edited by Sun of Chersonesos; 11-28-2006 at 22:51.

I'm playing as Papal States right now, feels decent enough, except that the Pope acts like a General factions automatically get excommunicated if they attack you or you attack them (declare war), and you can offer them reconcilation if you use your diplomat on them. HRE attacked Sicily which was an ally of mine in the beginning of the game, and got excommunicated, I offered them reconcilation in exchange for Innsburgh and they accepted graciously, so that's pretty cool.

Slight peeve, almost impossible to start a crusade, the Pope always rejects. He did start one himself though. I'm now waiting until he dies, and I'll try to get my cardinal to become Pope, maybe I will have more control over crusades.

anyone mind messaging with a layman's version of how to play as the mongols and timurids?
    VAE VICTUS-PaNtOcRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi says
    Honour is that which preserves the dignity of the human spirit.
    It’s how you treat people, that makes you an honourable person.
    Not how many battles you win.
    The glory of your victories will soon be forgotten.
    But the kindness and respect you show for others, will not.
    So is there really any honour in Total War games?
    No.
    But there is in some of it’s players…

Hi, I've started playing this mod as the Timurids - really great.

I have two questions

1)is there a way I can change the script to delay or stop the mongol invasion?

2)is there a way I can change the script to allow the creation of Imams?

Cheers.

Wow - 2006 early game project. Yes you can delay them, do what you want to them. As for Imams, I can't remember but I think someone did it.
    Modding Arts Inc.
    Lead Producer for :

Quote Originally Posted by Callatian View Post
    Wow - 2006 early game project. Yes you can delay them, do what you want to them. As for Imams, I can't remember but I think someone did it.
    Yes, I just noticed the date - sorry for waking a dinosaur but love this mod!

How can you delay them and are they still delayable even when the warning message has been recieved? I'm a newb to scripting - could you tell me what to edit please? and possibly the imams too? because they are not creatable - assuming a mosque is all that is need to create them right? I have just stated playing this game only because i read about this mod.

Thank again!!

Last edited by druzhina; 02-12-2018 at 06:14.