Thread: REAL ON LINE TW CAMPAIGN with RPG elements

Lightbulb REAL ON LINE TW CAMPAIGN with RPG elements

My adress for contact: iulian_gheorghiu1981@yahoo.com {main} or juliussharp@hotmail.com {second}

First of all i want to apologise for my hard english. Second, i want to warn you this is a very large post, because of the complexity of the idea.

Third this is a main forum, so i apologise to admins for the large post, but i choose your forum to post it hope that some one will read it till the end and replay to my adress. Good luck to all.

I will post here a small resume to what i have to say so, ppl with not much time or patient to catch the idea:

The NAME : Project Total War <-> Civ's :
    On- Line Total War Campaign

THE STRUCTURE :

1. We need a site/forum:

We need 1 strong admins or 1 team of admins {preferably, supervisor of project} , who will be observer in the game to come and also who will make this campaign born.

3. We need Strategic MAp {StrMap} {civ4 engine}

4. We need Tactical Maps {TacMap} {TW engine}

Factions {teams} from 2 to 10 teams {>10-30 players} who want and take part to the largest and most complete Total War campaign ever created.

6. Strong suport from the fans of the game , who will take part to this campaign.

***: I mention , our project can suport >10 leader/factions/teams , each leader, can have his own generals{team}. This mean, for example,the Rome, will have 1 leader , who will make strategic decision, will manange the economy of rome, will make diplomacy steps,and will choose the research for Rome factions. You can say , the Leader will be called the Senate itself.
    Than, he will have generals, let's say 3 general for each house from rome,Julii, Brutii, Scipii, who their only duty will be to figth each battle from their part of "front" : North Italy , South italy , or West/East italy. So , we will have in game 1 leader + 3 generals = 4 team-members for ROME, 4 members for Greece, 4 for Carthage, etc :) Generals will engage only when will be called to duty, to fight important battles when "Senate" will call it, and the Battle will be posted on line, on the forum or site of the project.

If you will be interested by this project, please contact me on messager or on the email. Any info it will be need it, i will be at your disposal.

Here is the original and my main post.

People of Total War
    , players, admins, moderators, the citizen of the Total War Senate. I come to your city, and knock at

your gates, look at your walls and i send word to you as i speak in the name of all good fans who their strong wish is to see a REAL ON LINE TW CAMPAIGN with RPG elements - We need your help, your guideness and to listen to us and to replay to this message , to tell your opinion and to tell us how and where we can find solutions on what we have to say below.

I have done my own research in the past 2 weeks, searching for forums, reading all kind of posts, searching for for people who build maps, who build scenarios, mods, who build new scenarios , who spent times and hours to develop the engine and secret of the Total War series, who has impressive work into this domain and who takes admiration of all fans.

In parallel, other fans , and researchers, and admins , and moderators, ppl from the city of Civilization culture do the same thing , unaware of the Total war culture and ppl from TW City.

Why not to reunite the efforts of this 2 communities?

I have look into several forums. People who love Total War , build contests in tournament style, and figth battles, leading ladders. They figth battles, but the game have no option to let from 2 to 20 players to have their on line own large campaign sistem , where several leaders {leading strategic movement} with their generals to figth battles {solving TW tactical battle}, to win , to loose, to make their own diplomacy , to build their own economy, to run their armies on strategic map and to resolve in tactical mode, Total War Series doesn't let US, the Citizen of TW and Civ's , who love History, who have a
    dream , to see a campaign running with many other players, interacting as never done before.

If will start and succed the ideea and project can be applied on every Total War game, and extended: Rome, Medieval 2 , Crusaders, Alexander, Rome: Civil War.

My ideea is not new , and is very simple . To succed it will need all suport from fans, to convince admins and moderators, builders of new mods, to start the project. It will be first major project of such type. IT will be first to start, and if succed, could born many parallel on line campa.ns. I have spoken with men from both "cities" , The Total War City and Civilization City. The discussion from that 2 groups, with no link to each other.

We take here two fine games : Civilization 4 , and Rome: Total War . Both will suport our project and are necesary to start it.

The NAME : Project Total War <-> Civ's :

THE STRUCTURE :

1. We need a site/forum:

We need 1 strong admins or 1 team of admins {preferably, supervisor of project} , who will be observer in the game to come

3. We need Strategic MAp {StrMap} {civ4 engine}

4. We need Tactical Maps {TacMap} {TW engine}

Factions/players {teams} from 2 to 10 teams {>10 players} who want and take part to the largest and most complete Total War campaign ever created.

6. Strong suport from the fans of the game , who will take part to this campaign.

***: I mention , our project can suport >10 leader/factions , each leader, can have his own generals{team}. This mean, for example,the Rome, will have 1 leader , who will make strategic decision, will manange the economy of rome, will make diplomacy steps,and will choose the research for Rome factions. You can say , the Leader will be called the Senate itself.
    Than, he will have generals, let's say 3 general for each house from rome,Julii, Brutii, Scipii, who their only duty will be to figth each battle from their part of "front" : North Italy , South italy , or West/East italy. So , we will have in game 1 leader + 3 generals = 4 team-members for ROME, 4 members for Greece, 4 for Carthage, etc :) Generals will engage only when will be called to duty, to fight important battles when "Senate" will call it, and the Battle will be posted on line, on the forum or site of the project.

THE DETAILS:

Here will will need the Civilization 4 , and the Total War {any of the game} , in our particular case, Rome : Total WAR

1. A site and 1 admin will be need it to so the battles from the campaign to be posted here. On the Forum or site, a update
    of the MAP
    will be made after every sesion of turns , so , any funs could know for example to know, how is battle for Carthage or Athens is going. New informations, posts, and history of battles , Orders of Battles, could be up date it. The Site or Forum will be the link and the hearts of this project, the link between the players/admins/moderators/fans who will take part of this large Campaign. On Forum/Site under strict password sistem , every house can have his own section and to store there infos and strategy. This will increase the interaction from all the players.

The Forum/Site , could born the RPG part of this game, and the engine will be the campaign history itself. On the strategic map , the project will have historical first person /charachter. As the situation will ask , a diplomat can be send to Athena to ask for water and land :) There , the RPG will run from it self , between the players who will take part on it, the roman diplomat and the ppl of Athens. Negociations, Discussions, actions.

2. We must think and find 5 dedicated guys and to meet all on line, on a messager or mirc program. To meet all of us on line into a large messager or mirc conference. We send word to civilization 4 forums. We add and invite to conference 2 ppl ,who have already build scenarios in civ4. 1 Admins, 2 for the Civilization scenarios accuracy, 3 for helping with resources.

I know there are some very dedicated man {i read Trajan post, from RPG project}. Also , any interest player can participate to discussion. Everyone who can take part to this project, is valuable. Everyone who have or know resources for this project could help us a lot. If we started and finnish it , we can change the face and fate of campaign on line in Total War series, and to give the fans great oportunities to have their own history and take part of it :)

I have strong belives , that here are great men , who build very good mods behind and inside of these walls. Walls of the Total War. Here , some ppl with great power of work and skills , have bring to life many great things. A dedicated group of 2 or 3 admins will be need to watch this game, and to be neutral for the good and smooth run of the campaign, also they can create rpg situation and send to other rpg players .

3. I. Strategic Map- The entire Large RTW map. Here two or more players, meet on line , into the Civ 4 suport -scenario ,

the map will be identical with the one from Total War. The Map is already build. The Scenario is finnished. The link-hint to

make one idea is :

http://civilization4.filefront.com/f..._War_Civ;60369

On the strategic level, player who will lead their faction will have acces to:

A. Economy : cities, roads, caravans, trade, resources, roads , builds of new cities, of roads.
    A city will have : food supplies for army and population , defensive buildings, military , etc

B. Diplomacy
    : Leader of factions are encourage to chat and to open negociation for Rpg elements or for part of map.

C. Research : for ex : Roman leader can have his own tree , to have advanced research for infantery units or siege weapons.

Other can develop their trade , or defensive units, etc

D. Military units: with necesary buildings, a city can build units, and units to build a army { like in TW}

E. Spionage : spy and diplomats units , who can send infos to the leaders

F. No use to say now , that the rpg elements of the game will be created automatical.

G. Weather effects will be on. Winter attrition effect, and change of terrain effects {think roman legions figthing in winter
    condition in Germany , and in same time, in the desert of Africa}.

Military aspects : On the strategic map, any corp of a main army , formed from several units , will have a line of supply {provisions} , from one big city and several smaller ones , can supply a large army offensive or defensive. This will open new options in the strategic theatre , and will increase the gameplay of this On-Line Campaign.

The civilization 4 engine , give us some extra options to supply large armies: I will write here one good example.

"A roman army debark into Sicily. And occupy Messina. In the City of Messina, the granary must be increased, romans will build food stockpiles to start new campaign for the conquer of entire island. The food production from Messina and Granary reserves cannot feed the entire roman army. As a result, a fleet will have to carry food for the city of messina, where it will feed the roman army who will start to figth for Sicily.
    This will mean , roman must have a good fleet who will carry the caravan of food , who will come into messina and bring new food supplies. Now, everyone of you , who knows strategic matters, you know how many strategic option will open for only the Sicily region and campaign operation :) Keep the line of supply open , and keep the local population happy. " This is only a small example , from how could be a campaign like this.

4. Battle from the strategic map, will be solved , Tactical in the Rome: total war engine. 1 vs 1 , 2 vs 2 players ,etc, will engage their armies on the battlefields of the TW . This is the final scope of the entire campaign : the battles. The result of a battle will have effect in a change for the strategic map. Leaders will have to remove their armies who were defeated in TW engine. The oponents will check. Or to cut part of their army , as the statistics shows {admins}.

The terrain , the type of the battle, the event , will be choosen by the admins and the leaders, according to the StraMap from Civ 4 . There could be set it factors to add ambush bonuses , and the tactical map , can and have been considerably large it for the propose of better and larger movements. So you have no small red and blue limits , where your trooops
    cannot reached . Your armies will figth with morale , with bonuses from armor and weapons, will figth with the quality of the men, ALL THIS ACCORDING to the evolution of situation from the STRategic Map.

5. The campaign can start between 2 simple friends, or between 20 old players , who want to take part into this. There will no need for a fix number, and the easy accesibilty to editor Civ's and TW tactical battle, can create nice campaigns even if is Rome , Crusades, MTW2

3. part -II. Examples of campaign and Strategic map. Battle for Italy {large map with italy}, Battle for Greece, {detalied map of

Greece }, Battle for North Africa campaign, Sicily campaign, Gauls campaign, Campaign of the nordic lands -Germany. Etc.

I will continue here to work with examples, so you will understand me better.

Subject: Campaign Rome vs Carthage <-> battle for Sicily. Story : 2 main maps. Mediterana Map , Sicily map. Both sides start a normal large campaign for the supremacy in West Mediterana . When armies and conflict reached to Sicily , Both teams agree to start a campaign on line only for the Sicily region. They start a strategic game, loading in Civ4 engine the large and detalied map of Sicily. The team who wins ,will earn the control on the MAIN Mediterana STRMap. The Agreements from both teams can continue: Ex: Haniball armies land in
    north of Italy , the Rome team ask for a campaign in North italy . They load the scenario in detalied mod, only with north italy, and battle with carthage armies {team}.The only pleasure of this kind of mixed campaign, is only for teams and players who wants to recreate historical feelings and
    for a true and hard situation campaign ;)

Subject: The Punic Wars

Structure : 2 teams : The Rome and The Carthage + Map of roman empire + large and very detalied map of Sicily island

Rome players : Rome Senate , 3 generals
    Carthagin players: Their leader , and 3 generals.

The game startes between 8 players: civilization engine , permits that , in 1 scenario to have 2 teams , consist of 8 players . The Side 1 : ROME{players} , the Side 2 : Carthage {4 players} . In the game, on strategic map, each player will have authority on their part of his house : Senate, Julii , Brutii, Scipii. {and carthage similar counterparts}

From the people of the two best games of their category: Total WAr and Civilization's Series, we fans, say : Unite your forces !!!

for any discussion about the subject or informations, my adress is :

My adress for contact:
    iulian_gheorghiu1981@yahoo.com {main mail/messager} or
    juliussharp@hotmail.com {second/messager}

Charge Men............Retreat! Member The Foolish Horseman's Avatar

Default Re: REAL ON LINE TW CAMPAIGN with RPG elements

Yes i support you 100% in this project and will help out thoroughly

IN Total War I Trust!!

The Foolish Horseman, previously known as GBB

new update:

We now have a new Site http://thetotalwarcivteam.myfreeforum.org

It is very basic at the moment though

IN Total War I Trust!!

This seems really cool, although I don't completely understand how it would work.

yeh admittitedly there are a few loopholes but we will rectify them when we start modding

IN Total War I Trust!!

Post Re: REAL ON LINE TW CAMPAIGN with RPG elements

If this involves lots of modding you are more likely to get downloads and good discussion by setting up your own modding sub-forum here at the Guild (under the hosted mods section or under the MP section). To do this simply PM TosaInu and he will decide if your request for your own forum is acceptable. If he decides that it is acceptable then you get your own sub-forum here at the Org. If you were to get yourself your own sub-forum here you could also get a hidden forum (one that nobody that is not a member of a certain public group can access) that you could discuss development in. A hidden forum is very useful if you want to have secrets that are only to be shared between developers.
    Last edited by MSB; 11-21-2006 at 08:24.

Many thanks for advices Britannicvs Maximvs .

Our ideas does not involve modding. It's just normal using of Civ4 editors at full option and full skills of editor's Civ4. So , we will have some steps:

Step1 : Building a Map , with high detailed geographic position, i hope to hit a more detalied than original campaign map from RTW. This will have impact on our on line game.

*more strategic option for armies.

*more roads , more cities, more woods, more mountains, more option to have ambush stands.

*more trade option

*more space for rpg stories. I mention here, strategic map will contain historic characters, like "persian spies", "julius caesar", "faction leaders", "spartacus", etc. If RPG part of campaign will be compile, we can add this character units easy.

Step2. Building based on the map, of the scenario it self. This mean it will give "life" to the map. City will be added, population will be calculated as historical aproximation{some research is need it for this}, units and armies will be added for a clear and safe start. Each faction , depending on starting year, will have only capital , or some cities under command.

Economical sistem will have to work, trade, armies costs calculated, food supplies for each units, labor force for each faction/civilization.

After Step1 and Step2 are finnished, our campaign has his main based. We will need only strict rules of engage and players to run the on line campaign, and we make history.

The Editor of Civ4 , will be our "factory" to build the strategic map. A team is need it to start the construction of this STR map. The STR_MAP will be use for strategic moves of units, and will have generic name :Strategic TW map.

Advantages:

Civ4 engine is 3D and has option to view the entire map from close view, or from Satelite view, just like we would use Google Earth engine. This is important for terrain strategy and local tactics in preparation of a battle.

City and units can be seen from above. We will post some pictures to strength our words and to give good examples.

We must tell here, that if our team will succed doing at least 1 map, and prove that is worth to run on line campaigns on it, we hope to extend it to the Medieval Total War 2 Game. It will be same steps, same factory, same ideas - but players will have a true on line campaign, where strategic leaders will struggle to win wars, to add their war philosophies and where, tactical leaders {generals/team players} will figth in terrain doing their best to win their momentum battle, leading siege or defending their castle, knowing that , there are battles who if they will loose it, his faction/team/empire, will loose strategic initative {just think of Turks vs Byzantines armies struggle in Minor Asia for strategic domination, Byzantines trying to prepare the Crusades waves, trying to convince the European factions to add their suport, and the Selucides turks , hoping that will advance and will give fear to those arrogant europeans }

All of what i mention up-wards - is not about only the RTM , is about the entire TW serios, and i look forward for MTW2 engine , to develop the on line maps/scenarios, to make it work in balance and historical sense, and to see players that are "role in " for the Crusades.

we will organise our ideas , into a more Chapter document. And as i told , i stay 10-16 h on line , so anyone can take my messager and contact me for discussion.

regards

Does this mean we need to have Civ4 in order to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by SSJVegetaTrunks
    Does this mean we need to have Civ4 in order to do this?
    From conversations that I have had with sanders619, I would believe not.

that is true, you wll not need civilization4 to use it because we will include the maps in the actual mod, so you would not need to copy the map files yourself

IN Total War I Trust!!

It was missunderstood.

We will actually play the on line campaign and strategic moves only on Civilization 4.

Yes everyone of the leaders will need to have a copy of Civilization 4 game.

The generals who will only figth battles in RTW , will need only RTW game.

You guys should get an award for most confusing concept. Thanks for the clarification though. I had to read to the last post to understand what was going on... Ok well sounds similar to the NTW2 online campaign idea. Except their going to use vary basic squares and whatnot not actually presented in an engine. I dont have civ4 and from playing civ3 and playing the civ4 demo I dont really like this idea. I meen the civ series is more a game with mechanics that are named after historical events wheras RTW is a situation turned into a game.
    and well apart from all else i dont own civ4... neither do too many RTW players.
    Imperator de Basileia Ton Romaion-A "The long road" M2tw AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...41#post1657841
    Click here if you want to know what a freshly shaven **** looks like.

If you want to accused someone for the most confusing Post, that is me.

I have write the post and the large post. So apologise for this .

If you want to bet with me that this campaign idea is viable and it will work 100% , i stay 16 on line each day to discuss with anyone want to have more infos, and i am ready to give answer to any kind of questions regardin this idea .

IT has been done in the past , and we with all the resources , we are not able. OK, good , perfect.

you don't have civ 4 ? Well i will mod the civ 2 engine, and give a good interface graphics. I will put the Civ2 for download on the site , it has only 100 MB , and we will play it .

Just that it doesn't so much option as civ 4 .

At least , we know we will have alawys solutions, but we need only goodwill.

king regards

Not sure this question should be in this thread but got looking for 1

so hears my question
    >is their a way say of playing a campaign with a friend instead of starting a tournement so its not so competetive
    Sir should we send in the infantry
    "why waste men when arrows are free"