Thread: Priest & Cardinals questions

Pining for the glory days... Member lancelot's Avatar

Default Priest & Cardinals questions

I have look in the manual but cant seem to find any info on this... My Cardinal died a while back and I have largely stayed out of the papal game. Now the college of cardinals is dominated by HRE & French (my 2 enemies).

How do I get a cardinal elected?...in the face of a unhappy popey? Build lots of priests?
    "England expects that every man will do his duty" Lord Nelson

"Extinction to all traitors" Megatron

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." Homer Simpson

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Default Re: Priest & Cardinals questions

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    I have look in the manual but cant seem to find any info on this... My Cardinal died a while back and I have largely stayed out of the papal game. Now the college of cardinals is dominated by HRE & French (my 2 enemies).

How do I get a cardinal elected?...in the face of a unhappy popey? Build lots of priests?
    Well, build a lot of priests and send them to lands with a low percentage of catholic influence (click the priest and hover over an area, it should say how much % catholic the region is). Then after some time, your priests have a chance of getting promoted to cardinals. And, depending on how they develop (piety wise) maybe even promoted to Pope.

Last edited by Dutch_guy; 11-18-2006 at 21:03.
    I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Max out the priests for your cities and castles can be helpful. Also, get the higher level religious buildings, as well as denounce all heritics and witches you come accross to get a quick boost to your priests skill. Sending them to unchristian lands also helpsn your priests improve as well.
    Don Jacopo Caldora
    Lord of Pacentro

I have played the following in the Total War Series.
    1. Medieval Total War & Viking Invasion
    2. Rome Total War & Barbarian Invasion
    3. Medieval 2 & Kingdoms

Building presits is a good way. I've been putting them in the country side (one per porvince) to see if that builds them up. So far I've (as England) got 7 Cardinals in the colledge plus the Pope is mine. But I'm on medium.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass