Thread: Some quick startup cash

Default Some quick startup cash

Just started over with the turks on VH/VH and found that I can get the AI to pay for alliance and trade rights! byzantine gave me 2200, Hungry 800 and Egypt gave me 2800. Combined with the 7k I made from sacking antioch and the first consul mission I've netted around 13k in the first 10 turns :).

That's right, give me 2000 florins for an alliance you will break in 4 turns

hope this helps with starting your budding empire.

Default Re: Some quick startup cash

It's a mistake with the new engine to NOT put money demands on anything just to see if you can keep it in the balanced area with a little cash. Even a 100 here and a 100 there can make a difference over time.
    Current Campaigns:

Quote Originally Posted by Hashashiyyin
    Just started over with the turks on VH/VH and found that I can get the AI to pay for alliance and trade rights! byzantine gave me 2200, Hungry 800 and Egypt gave me 2800. Combined with the 7k I made from sacking antioch and the first consul mission I've netted around 13k in the first 10 turns :).

That's right, give me 2000 florins for an alliance you will break in 4 turns

hope this helps with starting your budding empire.
    I found that I could get a 1000 Florins in exchange for map information and trade rights (They tend to be irritated, but since I don't see any change in relations I don't mind it). I seem to have forgotten to add in alliance as part of it, though, so maybe I should do it.

I stopped selling map information in RTW because it seemed to me that the purchaser would use it to plan attacks against me. Is it still doing that in MTW2?

Just an Oldfart Member Basileus's Avatar

I sacked Nicea and Constantinople on the 4th or 5th turn on VH/VH, Nicea with my king and the prince on a jihad on the capital and sacked both and had over 20k heh..everything became so much easier and i quit the game. I need the Byz to give me a challenge other wise its not fun ;D

I agree with you though, it works with all factions i reckon, sell your trade rights the ai usually breaks them later anyways heh