Thread: Can’t disable network connection

Default Can’t disable network connection

I disable the Local Area Connection but every time I restart my computer it becomes enabled again but if I do the same to my wireless network connection it stays on until I enable it again its getting annoying now any help
    Make Beer Not War

Default Re: Can’t disable network connection

Hmmm... I think the stupid thing always enables itself if the connection is plugged it and if your pc is set up to connect to the net by default through a lan then I'm sure that programs that request updates from the net on startup will re enable it every time. In the same way that a dial up or dsl connection connects on demand.

Do you use the Local Area Connection? If not then first disable it as normal, then go to start -> run - > and enter "services.msc". When the services manager appears scroll through the list to find "Remote Access Auto Connection Manager" and right click it. select properties and change from automatic to disabled. Then restart your computer to see if the connection connects itself again on startup. If it does there are plenty of other methods so don't despair yet.

Arr thank you I’ve bin drying to solve that for a while now.
    It says its manual
    Make Beer Not War

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieFriedNuts
    Arr thank you I’ve bin drying to solve that for a while now.
    It says its manual
    Did you try disabling it? Also do you use the Local Area Connection for anything? and how do you connect to the net?

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieFriedNuts
    I disable the Local Area Connection but every time I restart my computer it becomes enabled again but if I do the same to my wireless network connection it stays on until I enable it again its getting annoying now any help
    I don’t use the Local Area Connection for anything at the moment that’s why I’m trying to disable it, I connect to the internet wirelessly
    Make Beer Not War