Thread: How to get money with diplomacy

Default How to get money with diplomacy

I have started a few new games to test this.

Early game you can make alliances with almost anyone. But the trick is. Do not make alliances for free.

Early game when every faction has alot of starting money you can easily make thousands with diplomacy. Send out diplomats to every direction. Start diplomacy with every nation you meet.

In the diplomacy screen offcer alliance, trade rights and map rights. Ask for map rights if you want.

After that the proposition is still generous or very generous. Now add regular tribute so that the diplomatic prosition is balanced and suggest it. You can get very luxurous deals.

The only reason for the AI to deny this suggestion seems is their wealth if they say in the diplomacy screen that they are poor or very poor you might have to wait a turn or two before they accept it.

But I have had deals like 500 for 10 turns or 3400 for 2 turns etc.

you can also sell your princesses and make them pay for marrying their princesses.

But overally regular tribute seems to bring you much more money than single payment.

Default Re: How to get money with diplomacy

Sorry too many typos. Made this in a hurry. Quoted area had some of them fixesd. Can't find edit button:

I have started a few new games to test this.

Early game you can make alliances with almost anyone. But the trick is, o not make alliances for free.

Early game when every faction has alot of starting money you can easily make thousands with diplomacy. Send out diplomats to every direction. Start diplomacy with every nation you meet.

In the diplomacy screen offer alliance, trade rights and map rights. Ask for map rights if you want.

After that the proposition is still generous or very generous. Now add regular tribute so that the diplomatic prosition is balanced and suggest it. You can get very luxurous deals.

The only reason for the AI to deny this suggestion seems to be their wealth. If they say in the diplomacy screen that they are poor or very poor you might have to wait a turn or two before they accept it.

But I have had deals like 500 for 10 turns or 3400 for 2 turns etc.

you can also sell your princesses and make them pay for marrying their princesses.

But overally regular tribute seems to bring you much more money than single payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallas
    Sorry too many typos. Made this in a hurry. Quoted area had some of them fixesd. Can't find edit button:
    Hi Wallas, welcome to the forums and thanks for the advice.

Just for your information, you will be able to edit your posts once you are confirmed as a full member of The Org. You can find out about how the place works in this thread.

For typos may I recommend Firefox 2.0. This has a built in spell checker like Word or Outlook which checks your spelling as you type. Works well on forums etc.

Regards,

M
    and New Zealand.

One another thing about diplomacy. When I was playing with Danes I started a war with the Polish. I had 3 almost full stacks filled with mostly professional armies going into the enemy territory. One of them was already sieging a Polish settlement.

A Polish diplomat came to me offering peace. I decided to make a test. I demanded on providence to be given to me. He accepted.

Well I got one town free and had now peace. I just promptly continued my attack moving all three stacks to surround enemy cities and castless at the same time. I capture one castle. After that the polish diplomat came to asking for a peace again. Now I demanded 3 regions and got them.

I just had captured 5 polish towns and had to actually fight for one.

Well after that naturally I went off and captured the remaining two polish regions

So in conclusion the diplomacy is much easier than in RTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallas
    One another thing about diplomacy. When I was playing with Danes I started a war with the Polish. I had 3 almost full stacks filled with mostly professional armies going into the enemy territory. One of them was already sieging a Polish settlement.

A Polish diplomat came to me offering peace. I decided to make a test. I demanded on providence to be given to me. He accepted.

Well I got one town free and had now peace. I just promptly continued my attack moving all three stacks to surround enemy cities and castless at the same time. I capture one castle. After that the polish diplomat came to asking for a peace again. Now I demanded 3 regions and got them.

I just had captured 5 polish towns and had to actually fight for one.

Well after that naturally I went off and captured the remaining two polish regions

So in conclusion the diplomacy is much easier than in RTW.
    Oh, course if the AI does this everyone complains about it being unfair or inconsistent!

I have played through 5 campaigns on M/M-H/VH now and have yet been able to threaten any AI faction. But I had always used a single stack, actually, half stacks most of the time for invasions, and the AI just gets angrier when I demand vassalage or money, or even cease-fire! It doesn't seem to help that my empire is 1st place in military power either.

Thanks for the information, I'll try to drag a few stacks of militia around next time and see if the AI would cooperate better.

playing on medium, I offered 100 florins to someone (stupid council missions) and accidentally clicked "offer" instead of "gift". much to my surprise, they responded with a counteroffer of giving me ~500 florins for my 100.

very odd. maybe I was stronger than them and they wanted to appease me?