Thread: Weird Situtation in my English Campaign..

Default Weird Situtation in my English Campaign..

Hey Everyone,

Well, I'm playing along nicly in my english campaign as its about 1103, and I have about 9 provinces taken already in a short campaign.. (Just had my first battle where I had less troops then the enemy, 1800 to 1100, and came out victorious, woot!)

Anyhow, there is a minor problem or situation i encounter and I wonder if maybe anyone knows a solution it besides just attacking them of course (And sorry for the longish post to follow)

As usual, what English campaign would be, if you did not get into a fight with France.. So I set forthed to seige Angers, and while I was in the middle of maintaining the seige, and it was like the 4-5th battle I had with france (won all previous battles) I decided to let me see if I can save some troops for a change and demand France to give me Angers in exchange for a Ceasefire.

Well it worked like a charm!, they gave up the region, and most of the french troops in the region retreated, however, here's where the problem comes in:

The 3 Star French General that was in the castle, naturally got out of it since it was now mine, but he has never moved off my territory. In fact, he's a blocking a bridge that leads down to Bordeaux for the past 15 turns at least. (I know it was at least 15 turns cause I failed the Noble mission to take Bordeaux.)

So my question is, without attacking the French, which I'm honestly not in the mode to get into war with them at the moment, how can I remove that general out of my soil?

Its kind of anoying that he's still there, cause that's techinally considered an act of war if you think about it.. I've tried sending diplomats to him to see if there was an option to get any kind of military force the hell out of my region, but there wasn't..

Sorry for the longish post on this, but curious if anyone else has any ideas?

thanks!

MP
    Last edited by mp84; 11-21-2006 at 19:41.

Default Re: Weird Situtation in my English Campaign..

Bribe him? But that will probably cost a lot.

I ran into this in RTW a couple times too, it's pretty annoying. CA needs to implement a "leave my territory" demand.

Yeah, I've had to deal with this several times too. You could try to assasinate him if you had an assassin with high enough skill, but I'd guess that even then you'd be left with a leaderless army still in the same place.

Looks like you are going to need to re-think your peace with France!

Let slip the dogs of war!

dudes what's shakin' Member Katana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xy1on
    Let slip the dogs of war!
    But not before crying 'havoc!'...

Senior Member Senior Member Jacque Schtrapp's Avatar

I've encountered issues with this as well, especially at the end of campaigns. I went on a crusade and captured Antioch just ahead of the Poles, Hungarians, and Sicilians, The crusade ends and I am left with 3 full foreign armies just standing around Antioch forever. Same with my Byz campaign, crusade ends and the Sicilians and Hungarians each have a full stack blocking traffic around Constantinople.

On the other side, I also dislike the way marriages and crusades leave you high and dry. Playing as the English, I married a princess off to a Hungarian general in Sophia that was an excellent commander. He was 26 at the time and popped out right next to Sophia. It took forever for me to walk him from Sophia to Bruges, navigating numerous enemy armies and having a massive relations hit with each nation he walked through. He was 35 when I finally got him to my lands.. where he was promptly tried, convicted, and executed for heresy... gg Pope, gg.

Ahh,

I figure I'd have to attack them again soon enough..

Well thanks for the info, maybe CA will implement a leave my territory in a patch soon enough, hopefully it wouldn't be to hard to put in. Although I see this option more available in an expansion, then a patch, as I never recalled them ever adding something to diplomacy in a patch, but I could be wrong.

MP

just send asassin after this army and kill them all off one by one ;)
    O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti täde
    keimetha tois keinon rhämasi peithomenoi!