Thread: Mtw2??

Default Mtw2??

I know its hard for you to do by yourself Myd, it would be great if this mod could get a complete team that knew what they were doing. But I would think this would be easier to mod to MTW2 due to the likeness of many of the units. It may not even be that difficult to make an Aiel war mod pretty quickly. Many of the units already in MTW2 are very close to units from the books. But yes I still would love a release of this mod.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: Mtw2??

Maybe...

Quintus Libo / Austria Member Glaucus's Avatar

Whatever you do with it... good luck, and if you can direct me to a tutorial or something of that sort I'd help you make it. I've never modded before though. MAybe I could do the unit descriptions for you?
    HBO Rome:
    Mark Anthony
    :I shall be a good Politican, even if it kills me... or anyone else for that matter.

dunno if this is any help but me and my mates are big fans of the book and we've done abit of modding for rtw based on the so if you think we could help contact me i'm on most days

Crikey sparhawk! Why did you never get in touch? Some help on the RTW mod might have made it come true...

sorry but we were doin a crown of swords mod for rtw bi and i didnt want to say anything because i might not have been able do 2 very much

Unhappy Re: Mtw2??

want WOT mod

Does anyone know what the deal with modding Medieval 2 is? I heard that because they use totally different file systems for the 3D models, it is not possible - and may not be for some time - to reskin or remodel the units in the game. In which case Rome modding is going to remain alive and well for some time to come.

Over on the Westeros forum we've been looking at doing a mod based on George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire books, which ironically could be done with Medieval 2 without altering a single model in the game (the books are based very closely on real medieval history and feature identical armour and weapons to the medieval era).

Myrddraal's comment on this from a while back - that ASoIaF may be closer to the medieval flavour of warfare than WoT, but WoT has more unique units and factions - is something I agree with. Nevertheless, it is something we are looking into. I certainly hope that this mod is resurrected in some form, however. Given the massive popularity of the books, I'm surprised there aren't more models/skinners and programmers among the fans out there.
    A Game of Thrones: Total War - A mod for Medieval 2

I'd help if I was a programmer....

You don't need to be a programmer...

*waves* lol
    Drink water.

i love the series and i think it would be great to have a mod put out for it. I would DL it the minute it came out. Anyway i dont have much to offer because i have no idea how to mod and i also have no programming skills... but im a people person so my skills in that area can...um... still contribute nothing....

Anyway i would love to see this cause the series is amazing.

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    - Woody Allen

RaptorJesus Priest Member Sir Dinadan's Avatar

It appears the port of RTW to M2TW might be limited with cas files not being the models for soldiers. M2TW looks promising though because of the agent limits and stuff for units like Aes Sedai(hope I spelled that right, haven't read a book for a long time) If we could only get a team quickly. I would help with coding, but I'm not too good and I am already beta-testing for RTR and coding for RTR AE.

orite i am dying to play this mod and theres not much i can help w/ unless the coding or wutnot is anything like wc3 mapmaking because ive made wot risk for warcraft 3, and if any modmakers play wc3 telll me if knowing how to make maps on wc3 is anything like this... if so i can help. but one thing i did whenever i was making the map on roc(the non-expansion part) b4 i got frozen throne(the expansion) you couldnt put new skins and models on it so i had to use the units provided by wc3 and just change name and by doing that i had my map finished alot earlier. just a hint for you, im pretty sure everybody will still love the mod if defenders of the stone are principes just w/ a name change(e.g.)

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

I can offer my support for research, but I won't ahve time to do anything more.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

i could do likewise.

i would be delighted to see a mod like this.