Thread: OT: The Bug and Glitch thread

Default OT: The Bug and Glitch thread

List everything about the game that in your opinion is a bug, glitch or otherwise just shouldn't be there. I know theres alot of issues right now with the AI diplomacy and AI on the battlefield. Lets let CA know everything that needs to be fixed so when that patch comes out its like it should be. Screenshots are optional, although would be nice to see.

I'm going to start with a battle field glitch which is very easy to exploit if your the defender (mountainous areas). This is something I found by accident when experimenting on where to place my forces at the beginning of the battle. I ended up placing all my troops on this high mountain side, which overhung as a cliff. I figured that the enemy would be on higher ground as well and considering they had more troops than me I needed all the help I could get. Turns out the cliff I placed my troops on was completely sectioned off from the rest of the battlefield (easily a thousand feet above). Even if I wanted to come down to attack I couldn't, enemy ended up walking around in circles before giving up and the sand timer running out. Would've been a hell of a height bonus to the fight though

Here's a graphic glitch when trying to attack a palisade wall. Simple to fix I'm sure, you can see the grey road on the inside of the walls from either side. Quite strange the first time you see it

Here's something I talked about before but just needed to touch upon in this thread as well. The horrible siege AI that actually makes you feel bad for those enemy troops. Enough said, heres the picture, after 2 hours of nothing the game ended with the sand timer...

Default Re: OT: The Bug and Glitch thread

The gray bar isn't a glitch, it denotes the enemys' deployment area boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by absents
    The gray bar isn't a glitch, it denotes the enemys' deployment area boundaries.
    Even after the battle starts? I don't think so.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Sorry, Werner - I appreciate the initiative, but I can't see why people should not use the stickied bug thread for such reports:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=71821