Thread: How to view unknown Priorities in Diplomancy?

Default How to view unknown Priorities in Diplomancy?

I already know that you can know the priorities of a faction once you allied with them(or spied on allied faction, not sure on this one), but for the neutral or hostile ones, is there any way to view their priorities.

I tried using spies to spy the "target"(neutral or hostile faction characters) before using diplomant to enage him/her, but still no prevail. DId I do something wrong or there's another way?

I often find that knowing the priorities which leads to the situation factions more willing to agree the deal (or extortion in some cases) once you match the priorities (say like offer to attack their enemy in exchange for land/moeny etc)

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Default Re: How to view unknown Priorities in Diplomancy?

I think it's random: sometimes a spy is able to discover the factions priorities, sometimes it is not.

Whuzza?

Priorities?

Spy on them?

I remember something like this in previous games, anyone want to give me a refresher?
    Current Campaigns:

I thought the manual hinted at it being related to your diplomat's skill but I just tried looking again and couldn't find it.

The only time I can remember it not being unknown to me was when another faction started the diplomacy. Maybe it is always unknown if you start the diplomacy since they don't want anything from you.
    i like star wars

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

I suspect it is not related to who started the conversation. I remember seeing that French priority was "war" when I approached them: in that diplomacy round they said "don't you think it's time to cancel the alliance..." and attacked me the very next turn; and I remember their priority being "peace" when their diplomat approached me a few turns later after having been beaten soundly by my armies.

Quote Originally Posted by big_boss120
    but for the neutral or hostile ones, is there any way to view their priorities.
    I never even look at their priorities, I always forget. But to answer the question I assume it would have to do with the skill level of your spy. I've got a 10/10 spy I'll sell you for 4000 florines

Praeparet bellum Member Quillan's Avatar

In my experience, if they initiate the conversation, I get an idea of what they're looking for. If my diplomat contacts them, it's always "unknown".
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

Same here, Quillian. Priorities seem to only present themselves when another faction contacts mine. Perhaps there is a way to know more permanently, but so far it's not at all obvious.
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller