Thread: Sieges - beta_7 criticism

Friend of Lady Luck Member Mooks's Avatar

Default Sieges - beta_7 criticism

The seiges in this mod are horrible. They are all the same kind of castle, only differ in size. And you always have units as reinforcements (Even when you have less then 16 in castle). The "Stone" fortress is the same as a fort. And towers get shot down extremely easy.

And, they are the only problem with my XL/Shogun modded game, which is going to have me delete shogun (Or maybe re-download mtw all together). The seige weapons are destroyed in game, and the forts are the same as shogun in the original campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    i love the idea that angsty-teens can get so spazzed out by computer games that they try to rage-rape themselves with a remote.

Default Re: Seiges

The available models for making castles are limited right now. Larger castles are bigger (can hold more men) and on higher ground, but the towers are too weak and possibly the walls as well. For now, I've added more towers on the castles that will be released in beta_8. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out how to make the towers and walls stronger. If I can figure it out, I'll send that change to R'as for inclusion in the beta_8. The graphic apperance of the models is beyond the scope of what I do for this mod.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

Sorry mate, but you are not supposed to install the XL mod and Shogun mod on MTW/VI at the same time. That has messed up your game.
    Indications that something is wrong are the siege equipment, which STW doesn't have, and the repetitive castles.
    The beta_7 is far from perfect but the sieges are actually one big improvement in contrast to beta_5.

R'as

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

let me know how much stronger,
    more hitpoints?
    more wepaons?
    which levels of tower and wall need more (or less) of each???

and i'll tinker it all

cheers
    B.
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Default Re: Sieges

For beta8, I made the castle gate and walls much stronger and removed all the extraneous buildings so that more defending units start the battle inside the castle. I also use a small keep at the corners which looks much better than the towers, and is much stronger. In the future, perhaps more elaborate castles for use in the campaign can be made on large maps .
    Last edited by Puzz3D; 03-21-2007 at 17:04.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2