Thread: Needle in a Haystack

Senior Member Senior Member Forward Observer's Avatar

Default Needle in a Haystack

I started the short English campaign, which only has the requirements of controlling 15 regions and eliminating the French and Scots. I have eliminated the Scots and actually control 18 regions.

The problem is that I have eliminated all the French strongholds on the European mainland around turn 80, but they still seem to be active. I can only conclude that they have another region somewhere.

I'm up to turn 116 now and the occasional French ship still shows up at Marseilles. I seem to remember that in the first Medieval they sometimes had an island in the Eastern Med.

Any way figure this out without spreading my already thin naval fleet out to explore the entire Med.

Cheers
    Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

Augustus Sempronius Member StoneCold's Avatar

Default Re: Needle in a Haystack

turn off the Fog of war. They probably did a crusade to the Levant? Or establish themselves in Sardina or Corsica.

A successful crusade seems most likely, as France doesn't have any island provinces at the start, and the AI (in my experience) is bad at taking islands that they have to take a fleet to.

Senior Member Senior Member Forward Observer's Avatar

Viola! I found it. I noticed a port on the north coast of Spain that remained French even after I removed my blockade from it. I actually thought it was connected with Zaragosa, which was one of the last French regions I conquered, but then I noticed the region boundry was just east of the port,

I sent a newly created diplomat to Pamplona and traded map info with the Spanish since we were allied. Bingo, the city of Toledo suddenly became visable. How the French managed to have a region dead in the middle of Spain is odd, but at least I have a goal in sight now.

Cheers
    Last edited by Forward Observer; 11-24-2006 at 23:28.
    Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.