Thread: Seeking answers and advice for campaign mode.

Hi, I got to the point where I was visited by the europeans, built a port and a trading station. As soon as this happend all my provinces went to around 80% loyalty. Do I just have to put 5-10 shinobi in each province to keep them pacified?

How does a garrison of troops compare to a shinobi? I think that troops are better, but how much better?

Does anybody know the elements affect archers? I know that rain is bad for archers, because it wets the bows, and fog is bad because they cant see. But are there any charts, or is it just kind of a, "the more you play, the more you see how it works" thing?

Are calvary archers any good? I tried yari calvary and demolished my enemies archers. I think that calvary archers would be good for hit and runs vs. troops, but the computer usually always has an abundance of archers, so they would be just as good or better then a calvary archer...Any thoughts?

How many levels can you get on generals, ninjas, ect...I am up to 4 so far, just curious how far I can expect to go.

What is diffrent about the levels of difficulty in the game? Is the AI actually better, or does it just get more money and troops?

Thanks to anyone who answeres all these questions. I just got the game a few days ago and it is pretty damn fun. Some of the scenery is spectacular as well. I cant wait to try out online play...
    *cough*

1. If you build a portuguese trading post you are accepting christianity so your buddhist subjects will want to rebel. Produce priests like rabbits and get them in all your provinces to convert them.

2. Garrisons are usually more effective but will cost you valuable koku in upkeep, so use shinobi where possible.

3&4. Look through links at different sites there are many that will give as much statistical info as any of us know on troops. Try 1v1 unit in custom battle mode to get an idea of what each unit is capable of.

5. 6

6. Mostly the AI cheats more. Bottomless pits of koku etc. It's troops get a hidden honour bonus. I think it is slightly better in battles, but most of the dificulty is in the campaign map

Look forward to seeing your routing backs online

1. When you first accept Christianity, you can also set your tax rate to be lower. This will increase loyalty in all your provinces and is easier to manage than shifting shinobis around (especially when you don't have enough shinobis around).

As I have the spare time, I'll expand a bit on Tone-san's and Hecose-san's apt answers:

1. Use Shinobi (preferably deployed *before* you build the trading post) to curb the initial rash of revolts, then build a Church and use the Priests to convert your domain to Christianity. Your provinces should return to normal loyalty in due time. (BTW, if you build a Buddhist Temple after this, it'll happen all over again.)

3. Wind reduces the arrows' accuracy.

4. There are a few old threads discussing CA; notably, this one in the Strategy Archives.

5. At least general rank can go up to eight. Someone once boasted having H7 Ninja.

6. On Easy, the AI is just stupid. The hidden honor bonus only applies on Expert level.

------------------
    "Yea, the proud ones are but for a moment, like an evening dream in springtime. The mighty are destroyed at the last, they are but as the dust before the wind."
    - The Heike Monogatari

[This message has been edited by Anssi Hakkinen (edited 03-20-2001).]
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

When you start a campaign you start out as Aethist, but if you build a Buddhist Temple you become Buddhist. So if you are going to play Christian you should not build Temples as they will make your support dwindle when you go Christian.

By the way if you dont believe me about being Aethist what you can do is start a campaign save it and check teh details by right clicking teh saved game. I got this info from my clanmate Yabusama.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

I heard someone say they had a gen. higher than 6, but had never seen it myself. I often end up with 2 sometimes 3 H6 gens. But no higher, how many battles do you need to win to go up again?

It's the good old binary sequence, depending on the number of battles won minus the number of battles lost.

1 = rank 1
    2 = rank 2
    4 = rank 3
    8 = rank 4
    16 = rank 5
    32 = rank 6
    64 = rank 7
    128 = rank 8

256 would be rank 9, but this is impossible as the counter only goes up to 255. "It's a programming thing."

------------------
    "Yea, the proud ones are but for a moment, like an evening dream in springtime. The mighty are destroyed at the last, they are but as the dust before the wind."
    - The Heike Monogatari
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure