Thread: When's the patch coming out?

Default When's the patch coming out?

Anyone know yet? I can't find any signs of it anywhere and CA are keeping quiet
    Isn't it funny how people trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell?

Default Re: When's the patch coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by maestro
    Anyone know yet? I can't find any signs of it anywhere and CA are keeping quiet
    End of this month / start of next month / never, while we cry our $50 away
    Current Campaigns:

Anyone think i should construct a mini trechebut outside their offices (only a few blocks away) and launch small rocks with notes demanding the patch tied around them into their windows? Perhaps i could find a dead cow...
    "If you have an elephant by the hind legs... it's best to let it go"
    Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by troymclure
    Anyone think i should construct a mini trechebut outside their offices (only a few blocks away) and launch small rocks with notes demanding the patch tied around them into their windows? Perhaps i could find a dead cow...
    Before opening up a siege on them, I'd suggest the formation of a theives and assassins guild in the local area.

First send in a spy to locate, chart and plot all the relevant targets within their complex and then send in the assassins to attack.

For relevant targets I suggest the following list:

coffee makers
    snack machines
    favored "take out" menus found in/on desks or pinned to walls
    pictures of f&f on desks

Each turn could be started with a Diplomat requesting a trade deal for the patch. If the deal is denied then yet another turn of wanton destruction of morale and motivation materials ensues.

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

What if they send out the Inquistion? (Lawyers) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman653
    What if they send out the Inquistion? (Lawyers) lol
    NOBODY EXPECTS THE AMERICAN LEGAL SYSTEM!
    Current Campaigns:

Since TW games have a reputation for being very buggy right off the bat, and since M2TW seems to be no exception, I'm not going to waste $50 on a game untill most of it's noticeable bugs have been fixed.

Either CA releases their games when it's too early (possibly due to pressure from their publishers?) or they just don't do a good job play-testing their software.
    Last edited by Ares; 11-25-2006 at 03:33.

Modcraft.net A new and growing modding community.
    Dedicated to and providing extensive support for modders and mods.
    Click the image, join today, and post your TW mods!

Quote Originally Posted by Ares
    Since TW games have a reputation for being very buggy right off the bat, and since M2TW seems to be no exception, I'm not going to waste $50 on a game untill most of it's noticeable bugs have been fixed.

Either CA releases their games when it's too early (possibly due to pressure from their publishers?) or they just don't do a good job play-testing their software.
    *Shrugs*. Even with the bugs, I find it a ton of a fun. A lot better then RTW patched.

I regret buying this game. the game has serious flaws, and when left unpatched the game is kind of unplayable. in my opninion though, because i like to charge the hell out of my opponent. the charges dont work, the chargers dont work, the charges dont work. ARGH this is frustrating.

So no news then
    Isn't it funny how people trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell?

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Look at it this way.
    The longer it takes for the patch to come out, the better the patch is likely to be.

Who knows, maybe they'll even nix the Timurid cannonophants and add in a decent trampling/smashing elephant unit in its place.
    I doubt it, but you can always hope.

Seriously though, they might just be bogged down fixing the large number of errors this game has.

As to the whiners who seem to think its SO HORRIBLE that OMGINFANTRYACTSILLY, cry moar. Im sure CA will listen.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

"'elp! I'm bein' repressed!" Senior Member Aenlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Djurre
    I regret buying this game. the game has serious flaws, and when left unpatched the game is kind of unplayable. in my opninion though, because i like to charge the hell out of my opponent. the charges dont work, the chargers dont work, the charges dont work. ARGH this is frustrating.
    Make sure you're doing your charges properly. Your cavalry has to start a decent distance from the enemy. Make sure your cavalry is fully in formation and walking when you click to attack. They will speed up to charge speed on their own at the right moment. If they're running already when you click to attack, then their charge formation (wedge, etc.) will get messed up. Also make sure you never, ever charge at the front of a spear-capable unit type. That is suicide, as it should be. After your charge, back them off to distance again and rinse and repeat.

Here's the link to Hashashiyyin's wonderful thread on charging in M2TW:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...41&postcount=1

As for bugs, we've come to expect them from games. I think that's a shame really. Games used to be released relatively bug free, until people started making actual money from them and the corporate suits got involved in the decision process. Beta testing used to be for actual beta testing to find bugs before release. Now beta testing is just a formality to find a few major bugs before the set-in-stone release date. All decisions about releasing the product (and, sadly, even some design decisions) are made by clueless bean counters in suits from the accounting department. Games are routinely released in what should still be beta status and sometimes released even in what would have once been considered alpha status.
    Last edited by Aenlic; 11-25-2006 at 17:48.
    "Dee dee dee!" - Annoymous (the "differently challenged" and much funnier twin of Anonymous)