Thread: Plague bearer indicator

Mojito maker Member Jimmytwohand's Avatar

Default Plague bearer indicator

Maybe its just my imagination but didnt there used to be an indication on a characters scroll showing whether they had the plague? I cant seem to see it now. I had a nasty little outbreak of plague in france and some foreign agent was tramping about the place spreading it. Lost most of my assasins trying to kill every foreign agent in the land to stop the spread. I couldnt even see if my friendly generals had it except from the report at the end of the turn. Unfortunately when you have 6/7+ generals and captains with the thing its hard to remember which ones are clean and able to be moved and which ones arent.

"'elp! I'm bein' repressed!" Senior Member Aenlic's Avatar

Default Re: Plague bearer indicator

I haven't found any indicator yet, except for the end of turn thing. Apparently, I had a merchant with the plague. I was working on that merchant's skills and had him wandering all over sitting on resources for a turn or two. I think he ended up infecting half of Europe and the Middle East.
    "Dee dee dee!" - Annoymous (the "differently challenged" and much funnier twin of Anonymous)

Sometimes it shows up on the city as a little picture of a rat on the Right hand side.

Other then that the only way is to read the Begging of turn scroll which tells you what guys have it. Its a pain in the butt though, kinda sad that CA didn't give you a little more info on it.

Man, I was upset about this too. It doesn't necessarily make sense not having an indicator, if it's not supposed to be a secret anyway, why not have a clear way of showing it like there was in RTW? I never like when simple features get taken out instead of either being improved upon or not fiddled with at all (see; city view).

The plague indicator is still there. If you take a look at a general, look at their unit portrait on the top left-hand corner of the character scroll. There, it should show a little mouse if the plague is with that unit.

Really? Wow, never noticed, and I consciously looked for an indicator. Guess I'll have to pay more attention next time I get the plague. Thanks lezniefek!

Mojito maker Member Jimmytwohand's Avatar

Thanks for the info! Was looking in the same place as RTW and didnt even think of checking the portrait. The rat must have blended into the background.