Thread: Witches!

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Default Witches!

Not sure if anyone has seen one, but here's a screenshot of an elusive witch in M2TW. I havent yet encountered her with an army or agent, so I have no idea what she does. I'm guessing she spreads Paganism, but I honestly have no clue.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: Witches!

It's a witch!

May we burn her? Yea, let us burn her!
    Current Campaigns:

dudes what's shakin' Member Katana's Avatar

But what do we burn besides witches?

... more witches?

There the same as heretics, except they can either (1) kill your priest while he tries to denounce her. (2) If they remain near generals that can give them odd traits (or maybe retinues) like cursed, or something that has to do with witchery.

This is what I gathered from the manual, I have no idea because as soon as I see a witch I burn her.

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

I burn them too, but I believe they spread paganism.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

They can give your local generals bad traits, in fact one of my spanish generals who was starting to look quite promising got warts. Yea I know it probably wasnt her but try tellin the peasants that, smelly little idiots. Next thing you know he's gone from Warty to Ugly and he's absolute crap as the soldiers seem to only want to follow a guy they'd want to date or something. Looks like the Spanish army needs to give the men some time off, they've been spending too much "quality time" with each other it seems. Just friends spooning, pshhaw!
    All men will one day die, but not every man will truely live.

Heavy Metal Warlord Member Von Nanega's Avatar

One has to hunt them heritics and withches down ASAP. Good for your priests. Assassinate them if you just cant get a priest there quickly. I usually keep a decent one in every area just for this stuff. Also, if playing a Catholic faction I wack thos Imams quickly too.
    Cap badge of the Queens Royal Lancers

The Death or Glory Boys

She turned me into a newt!

Like Von Nanega, I also like to use assasins on those pesky witches and heretics. Easy killing experience.
    In later days, a man can find charm in old adversity, exile and pain. -- Homer

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Burn witches! BURN THEM!

One popped up near my faction heir a while ago and gave him warts. It's a bad trait.

I never let heretics get near my provinces i usually have 4 cardinals with a full piety ready to do some cooking

First you have to do the 'goose test'
    If she stays afloat in the water she is light as a goose and therefore must be a witch. If she drowns, well......... too bad.

So burn her! burn her!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred
    First you have to do the 'goose test'
    If she stays afloat in the water she is light as a goose and therefore must be a witch. If she drowns, well......... too bad.

So burn her! burn her!
    Why not just use some massive scales?

Praeparet bellum Member Quillan's Avatar

They spread heresy, not paganism. I had one pop up on Crete, where there was no heresy at all, and it took a turn to create a priest there. He burned her the following turn, but I had 6% heresy on Crete when he was finished with her.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Dispensing plasmids one bacteria at a time...

I can't get assassins to kill anything other than rebel captains. Believe me, I've tried. On witches, heretics, preists imams and cardinals. I get to watch some amusing movies, but thats it. *shrugs*

Since I cannot get them to kill anything, then I cannot train them, and they end up as useless, half-naked men.
    "Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"

--Fry, Futurama, the show that does not advocate the cool crime of robbery

Quote Originally Posted by IrishArmenian
    I burn them too, but I believe they spread paganism.
    Well then it's good bye Christmas Trees!

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

What?

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

The only Witch I ever met, near Zagreb, managed to kill three of my Priests before my hastily arrived Cardinal meassured her against a duck, and found them of equal weight.
    Last edited by Kraxis; 11-28-2006 at 02:45.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Next thing you know he's gone from Warty to Ugly and he's absolute crap as the soldiers seem to only want to follow a guy they'd want to date or something. Looks like the Spanish army needs to give the men some time off, they've been spending too much "quality time" with each other it seems. Just friends spooning, pshhaw!