Thread: some questions i still have?

hi

after reading the second page i still have some questions.some may have been answered'but not clearly enough for me.

1) they advise that multiplayer campaigns will be played on the ea server'but not how they will be saved.

2) when doing a single player campaign'will it have to have the mongol element'or can you play the tradition 7 clans and ronin campaign with the new rules applied.

3 when playing the multiplayer campaign can each player choose wether to go japanese or mongol.or can all go japanese like the traditional campaign.

hach
    The greatest thrill in life is not to Kill' but to let live!

1) This is unknown, or rather unclear. See the second QT3 answer thread for some confused speculation on this subject. Maybe someone should clear it up, or maybe they don't want to give us all the information...

2) The 'pack will include the Mongol campaign (which is 2 player, Mongols vs. H˘j˘, plus some R˘nin), but I see no reason why the "traditional" campaign wouldn't be playable as well. It's fairly certain that the applicable changes (like the new Japanese units) will be reflected in the "old" campaign, as well. However, there will be no Mongols, and thus no Mongol units.

3) I presume at least the 7 player campaign will be multiplayable; the Mongol campaign might be too, or it might not.

(Are you thinking "why would they prevent us from multiplaying the Mongol campaign, if it's easily possible to implement?" Consider the Three Unifiers mini-campaigns. Will they be multiplayable? Not likely. The Mongol campaigns falls into the same category, being subsidiary to the main, full campaign.)

------------------
    "The warrior's lies are called strategy -- the only honest people are the farmers and townsmen."
    - Akechi Mitsuhide
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Maybe one day we will get the answers to all these questions.
    You could try asking the psychic hotline or miss Cleo the tarot card lady.
    Oh well, I guess we will just have ot wait until the marketing department orders in chinese food and gets another batch of fortune cookies with cryptic information to decypher for release.
    If we could only figure out which fortune cookie factory Richie is being held captive in!
    Never a Super Hero around when you need one is there?

Have a nice day.

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

I know when we will get the answers....

It will be when it is released.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

beta for warlords currently has no option for the multiplayer campaign. so make of it what you will.

If CA can ever work out the Gordian Knot that a multiplayer campaign represents then I would expect them to apply it to all the campaigns in the game. It would be a cinch compared to inventing the MPC itself.

Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

I would expect that there would be a Mongol "mon" to choose from in the multi games... just like any other clan mon... So, we would have 9 instead of the current 8.

So, only one player can be Mongol in an online game... as if they were any other ordinary clan!

That is what I expect... but perhaps my expectations are skewed...

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]